This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Boss:

Are you sure it would kill the operating budget to buy a new electric letter folder? 1200 letters stuffed, postmarked and mailed by noon tomorrow is a tad unrealistic.

Dear Census Bureau:

Call me in for training/work. PLEASE?

Dear Job Coach:

STOP with the buzzwords. It no longer sounds intelligent, just dumb. Who uses "skillset" on a resume anyway? "Qualifications" I can explain intelligently. "Skillset" can mean many things, and somehow I will always get it wrong.

Dear Brat-dog:

You're sweet, really you are. I know you can walk all over your owner, but please note that for the next three days, I am the alpha. Don't even try to pull me into traffic (again).
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Dear thermometer,

The number 102.6° is absolutely unacceptable.

-be
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dear Kitty:

I like you I love you come over here to me and play hey kitty you're cool come put your tail in my mouth just for a second come on kitty be a sport you won't feel a thing just for a second hey kitty I like you come back kitty kitty kitty WHERE ARE YOU GOING KITTY? Why are you running away?

Love,

Khan, Ana's son
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Dear people on my game:

Please stop whining when I don't throw you the ball. you seem to have NO concept of running DOWN the field. Therefore, no ball for you!

Love(notreallyihateyouuninstallthegameandgoaway) Bramble

Dear Kitty:

AWWW I wuvs yoooooou! You come snuggle? HEY! Stop squirming WE SNUGGLE NOW! Mmmmm kitty tummy... The cure for all is Kitty Tummy(tm)....Ok go away I done snuggle now!

Love, Me
          My Wajas cave

Comment

• Dear thermometer,

When I said 102.6 was unacceptable, I did not mean go up to 103.8.

Comment

• Dear Bookstore,

I hope that thermometer isn't in your mouth!

--TPM

Dear Ana,

Thanks for the laugh. I needed one!

--TPM

Comment

• Dear Wisconsin Badgers Mens Basketball Team:

Thank you for not showing up against Minnesota tonight and losing by 16. Would've been 18 if the guy from Minnesota would've made his show-you-up dunk at the end of the game.

Thank you for losing to the fucking Gophers three times in a row. Unacceptable. I cannot handle losing to the Cubs, I cannot handle losing to the Vikings, and I cannot handle losing to the Gophers.

Thank you for killing my good mood up to this point. If the resident Minnesota fan at the swamp gives me any grief, I may just cold cock him.

(Oh, and unrelated: If I don't get that 19" flat-screen TV with DVD player that came in as free goods last night, somebody will probably die. We had six of them come in. I called dibs on one of them. I couldn't get it today because SM hadn't gotten around to marking them down yet and I didn't want to pester him. I don't come in until 11 tomorrow. If I miss out, I am going to be mucho pissed.)

Thank you for making my NCAA bracket that much easier. With the way you guys shoot, rebound, and handle big men, you guys not making it past the first round is money in the bank.

No thank you for making me write this so I don't punch the wall and break my hand,
                Irv
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Dear Plague,

Whatever the hell you are, GO AWAY!!!! It has been a full week. I am tired of this. My chest and throat hurt from the coughing. Every time I think the fever is done, it comes back. I want to sleep through the night. I want to breathe through my nose. You are already making me miss a funeral for a woman I've known all my life, and I can't miss another day of work. Just GO!!! Please!

beggingly,
                  be

Comment

• Dear BE,

*offers hugs and chicken soup*

--RP

Dear BE's plague,

Grr.

--RP

Dear self,

Don't click that. Really.

REALLY. You'll thank me later when you're not all or or .

You'll thank me later. *sigh*

Go read something else. Now. Faster.

--RP
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Dear RP,

Thanks.

-be

-ps, my temp is down to 98.2 - lowest it's been since Tuesday morning

Dear Self,

Please to be remembering to not touch your chest that is covered in Vicks VapoRub.

-Stickily,
                      me

Comment

• Dear BE,

I'm glad your temperature's gone down. Hope it stays there.

--RP
                        Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 02-23-2010, 03:04 AM. Reason: .....typo...squished twice. Stubborn typo is stubborn.
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----

Comment

• Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                          Dear BE,

I'm glad youe temperature's gone down. Hope it stays there.

--RP
                          It didn't

But it went down again...let's see what happens tomorrow morning...

Comment

• Dear Self,

What is up with you dreaming of people who were friends only when you could drop everything and be at their beck and call.

When you had serious issues (post-part depression, full blown depression, dealing (at the time) with a child who may or may not be special needs), they dropped you like a hot potato and refuse to reach out again (no matter how many times you've tried to be the bigger person).

Stop it right now!

It's making me so melancholy I feel like an 18th centruy heroine.

Rummy

Comment

• Oh Rummy,

*hugs, hugs, and more HUGS*

--RP
                              Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 02-24-2010, 05:47 AM. Reason: fixing
                              -----

Comment

• Dear RP,

Thank you for the hugs.

It happened again. The dreams.

I want them to stop.

At least in the last few dreams, these so-called friends are trying to in me back and saying they're sorry and whatnot.

But it doesn't change the fact that when I. needed. them. they were not there.

What's even worse is that I'm the Godmother of one those friends' son.

Just color me even more melancholy,
                                Rummy

Comment

Working...
                                X