This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Rummy,

Does your cell phone have a calendar in it? When I first started taking my BCP's again (and it's been YEARS), I set a recurring reminder in my blackberry. It beeps at me every day at 4pm.

This is especially helpful lately with my crazy work schedule, since I don't know if I'm coming or going half the time.

Most cell phones have a calendar on them, I'm just not sure if all of them have the capability to do recurring reminders...but it's worth looking at.

Hope this helps

Love,
    Pepper
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• Dear Peppergirl,

I'm going to have to check to see if my cell phone does the daily reminders. I know it has a calendar, but just never played with that feature.

*feels loved*
      Rummy

Comment

• Dear Whiskey,
        Thank you for the hug!!

Life has been just insane lately. Between work and everything going on outside of work, haven't had a day off in months it feels like (though we did go camping at the end of July).

Thanks again
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Dear Snoopy-

Enjoy your *bleep* job. I hope it as as good for you as it was for me.

Oh and I ran out of lube . . . if you don't like it dry, then oh well . . .

Sincerely-

The wrong one you've been screwing over since June. . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Dear State of Virginia,

Why did you have to enact the "Kings Dominion Law"?

Child Rum could have been in school already!

Rummy

Comment

• Dear Pinky (my overnight shift manager during the week),

Tonight was your second NCNS! You know what that means right?! They might can you! What the hell am I supposed to do without you if they do that? We're such a good team. I don't wanna work with the other ass kissers. This is our turf, yo!

Also, couldn't you have just waited til tomorrow to do this? You know I have to show boss lady that damn light duty note. She's gonna ream my eyeballs with a pencil and when she finds out you didn't show up I'm screwed. Maybe this will teach her not to schedule people 5 nights in a fucking row. Anywho, looks like we're both fucked.

Your sexy bitch,
              Max

Comment

• Quoth Maximillion View Post
                Dear Pinky (my overnight shift manager during the week),

I don't wanna work with the other ass kissers. This is our turf, yo!

Your sexy bitch,
                Max
                Dear Max,

Thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one who is territorial about grave shifts.

xo,
                whiskey
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

• Dear Child Rum,

Screaming in Mommy's ear & then not listening to her when she tells you to go to your room, doesn't make Mommy want to listen to you. As a matter of fact, she's now ignoring you because she's deaf in one ear (from you standing next to her and screaming).

Where's that bottle of rum anyways?
                  Momma Rum

Comment

• Dear Laundry-

Quit piling back up again the next day after I've already washed everything. There's simply not enough hours in the day for me to run 2 or 3 loads through both the washer and dryer, not to mention folding in between going to work, coming home, having to clean up the kitchen, cook dinner, clean the kitchen back up and get my shower and either watch a little tv or spend some time online before bed.

Signed-
                    The only one in the house who actually uses the damn washer and dryer and has to do pretty much everything else
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Dear DGoddess,

Become a nudist and your laundry pile will shrink dramatically!

Sincerely,
                      A helpful poster
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dear A Helpful Poster-

I would try that suggestion, however, that could cause a bit of chaos at my workplace. They have this policy in place that one must be clothed properly for work.

It's rather archaic, I know. However I can't seem to get the rest of my family to go along with the nudist conversion.

One small comfort is that the cats are self-cleaning and the dogs don't care.

Signed-
                        DGoddess

Comment

• Dear lower back,

Stop hurting.

And don't even think of turning into back spasms!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr,

--me
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Mouth Almighty-

Thanks for extending your medical leave again, which leaves me busting my ass and dealing with Snoopy more than I'd like to. Bad enough I've had to put up with him trying to sneak up on me all the time, and him trying to tell me who I can talk to at work and what I can and can't say, then being left alone in a locked grocery store for almost an hour (along with another female employee) while he left. Now I'm having to put up with his ass whining about the vendors for Dog knows how long because your legs hurt???

Just quit keeping us all in suspense and quit already . . . it's obvious from how many days you've been out ever since I was transferred to that store 4 years ago that you don't want your job that bad, much less need it.

By the way . . . the vendors don't seem to miss you. They've pretty much stopped asking when you're coming back. I've even had one say he hoped you didn't come back.

Signed-
                            The tired, overworked and stressed out (and needing a vacation) DGoddess

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                              Dear lower back,

Stop hurting.

And don't even think of turning into back spasms!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr,

--me

Dear Becks--

Thanks for sending your spasms my way.

--Sunshine
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear Lizziebeff,

I didn't mean to.

Besides, my back is still trying to decide if it wants to spasm or not.

Joy.

--Becks
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X