This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dear" MotherRum & SisterRum,

Please stop arguing and making me be in the middle!

I'm the one who is supposed to get mad and throw things and ignore everyone's phone calls.

So Mom decided to bail and not come over to your house when she said she would. I was over there with breakfast just for the two of us. She didn't want to be a third wheel.

Mom, you should have called and not just decide to not to come over.

Please, both of you ... grow up the up and let me be the dysfunctional one in the family. If not, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown and you'll have to visit me while I'm in a padded room.

Rummy

Comment

• Dear Everyone,

I am a bad Momma.

Child Rum was screaming, crying, sitting in her chair and pushing it hard against my buffet table, wouldn't settle down, wouldn't listen, and Mr. Rum wasn't much use.

I had stuff I was going to take to my Mom & Dad's house tomorrow. I grabbed the bag of said stuff, grabbed keys & purse, and drove to my Mom & Dad's house.

It was so easy opening the door and leaving. I could have gone anywhere and no one would have been the wiser.

Mr. Rum didn't call my parents to le them know I was coming over. He didn't even call me at any time to see if I was okay.

When I came home, Child Rum was all lovey and huggy and kissy and telling me that she missed me.

I'm at the end of my rope ...

Rummy

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

*oodles of hugs*

Love,

Becks
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Becks,

Thank you for the hugs.

When I went to my Mom & Dad's house, I was fed angel food cake and given hot chocolate to drink.

We talked about it and my mom said if it happens again, I can come over to her house again.

At least I have a refuge,
          Rummy

Comment

• There was nothing wrong with what you did. Nothing. You mean your poor husband actually had to handle his kid all by himself? Oh dear. Apparently he survived, and did OK, considering she was in a better mood when you got home.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Dear AnaKhouri,

Thank you for that.

Apparently, as soon as I left, she calmed down, did her homework, and was back on the laptop watching videos.

I think me leaving shocked/scared her. Also calmed her down too.

And Mr. Rum understood I was frustrated. As soon as she got off the bus, she was screaming about wanting to go to Chuck E. Cheese (fundraiser for the school night - Chuck E. Cheese made it to her school and that riled her up).

But yeah, he had to deal with her by himself. He's becoming lazy again. He's been shirking his "Daddy Time" a lot lately. I'm going to have to put my foot down again.

*le sigh*
              Rummy

Comment

• Dear Town,

Is there some reason you do not plow Texas Rd.? Are you waiting for someone to get killed? I expected it to be somewhat bad this morning; I did not expect it to not have been plowed at all when I went home at 5 pm. It may not be a highway but it is by no means some little-travelled back road, either.

-me
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dear Other Department Supervisor(s),

The database is working just fine. It is asking for a username and password. Yes, it asks four times. Just put the same information you put in the first time. I told you this yesterday. You have been running this database multiple times a day for at least 2 years. I do not understand why this is so difficult. The second shift is not having a problem figuring this out.

-be

(I think I finally fixed it so it stops asking for a password at every query that needs one.)

Comment

• Dear Apple:

You fucking suck donkey balls. Big, hairy, donkey balls.

You mean I can't download a song I want unless I also download the entire album, whose other songs are available for individual purchase? Really? I guess Steve Jobs has to pay for his medical operations somehow.

Beginning to regret having and using an ipod,
                    Irv
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Dear Irv,

I hate that.
                      There is a soundtrack that has 2 songs that I want. One is available separately, and the other is only available if you buy the whole album. I don't have the second song.

Also, they need more Tim Minchin.

-be

Comment

• Dear BE,

YES YES YES they need more Tim Minchin!!!
                        On that note, a company did a short film on Tim Minchin's "Storm" beat poem. Looks awesome.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          Dear BE,

YES YES YES they need more Tim Minchin!!!
                          On that note, a company did a short film on Tim Minchin's "Storm" beat poem. Looks awesome.
                          Dear Fireheart,

Last I checked the film was not available yet. Will have to check again.

I have had the Ready for This album (plus the song "Drowned") playing in my car for weeks.

-BE

Comment

• Dear Sailor Jerry's Rum,

You are wonderful.

You are beautiful.

You float my boat.

You are all mine!

Rummy

Comment

• Dear Everyone,

I am back. I missed you all. The little monster is doing well. I moved to Indiana. Getting married may 5th. Best of all I don't work, No customers for me.

Love, Mono.
                              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

• Dear Mono,

Welcome Back!!!!! Glad to hear it! Hope you like it there. ! and Lucky.

-be

Comment

Working...
                                X