This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Parents

I know you don't have any faith in me and I might even be able to live with that but would it be so hard to FAKE IT once in a while ?? or heaven forbid could you tell me you re proud of me for graduating college in 2 weeks ?

When I tell you that I would like that eventually be in a managing position where i would have people working under me, please don't look at me like I'm saying I want to climb Mt Everest backwards on my hands I really do beleive I'm more then capable of doing that and more regardless of what you think

When you tell me that I should accept the very first job I am offered no matter what it is ( and suggest I should apply at Mcdonald's) do you even realize how that makes me feel?

When I tell you that I beat a university grad on some job placement tests, could you at least pretend to beleive me? it would really help me not feel like a piece of shit

Fuck you! and I cant wait to prouve you wrong

your son

Comment

• Dear Mom,

I know I don't tell you this a lot, hell I've probably never told you this. But I'm proud of you and I love you very much.

Your loving daughter,
      -A

Dear X,

I can't wait until you return from your trip! Don't forget my post card, you have to tell me everything!

I love you and miss you,
      -Your Baby
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Dear heat and humidity,

Please go away. There aren't many things I hate more than feeling the need to take a shower right after I get out of the shower.

And I hate sweating. I really do.

In search of central air,

Becky
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Becks--

WE have central air.

And a bedroom waiting for you.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear work,

Getting used to being up at night is for some reason taking a bit longer than usual and so I'm slightly out of it. Coming in to put my food in the fridge and finding the same fridge as always but with the handle on the other side, it kind of trippy. Thanks.

Love,
            Me

P.S. If by the end of this week I've gone insane and am using the keys as projectile weapons, I appologize ahead of time.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

• Dear Lizziebeff,

You're about as subtle as a train wreck.

I love you oodles.

Love,

Becks
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Becks--

Who said I was trying to be subtle?

--Lizziebeff
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear Lizziebeff,

Good point.

However, how many places out there pay time and a half for working Sundays?

Every Sunday.

Not off on Sundays unless something big needs to be done and getting paid for that.

Love,

Becks
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Boss,

You're an idiot! It's going to be 98+ today, it was 77 at 6 AM, that's hot. Yet I walk into the office at 6:45 (a good hour after you) and the office is hotter than it is outside. Also, it was cute of you to duct tape the AC shut so I couldn't make the office colder.

I'm sorry that when they bore you out of the 6th circle of Hell that you weren't given a tolerance for cold, but damn it, the rest of us are hot! So now I have my AC cranking and a fan going hoping I'll eventually get cool, but I feel sorry for the rest of the office who can't turn on your AC out of fear, or fool with their own AC because you're an asshole.

Comment

• Dear weather,

You'd best bloddy hold until the weekend else I won't be happy.

Crazylegs.

Dear C

Hot enough for ya?

Crazylegs
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Dear Irwin the Car,

Why are so many things wrong with you at once? You JERK! I have no money WAAAAHHHH!

-Peeved Driver

Dear Irwin the Ghost,

I hope you really like Irwin the car, and if you do, you should thank my dad for talking me out of giving that Irwin the boot and trading him for a newer used Toyota. If you're grateful for my keeping Irwin the car, I would love it if you used some of your spooky ghost powah to give me a run of good luck-- I really really need some!

-Owner of Your Favorite Hangout

Dear Dad,

You're not the world's best dad, and you know it. In fact, you're kind of an asshole, and you have some serious mental health issues. But you are there when I really need you, and you are helping me pay to fix my car. I'm glad you're around, even if we DO fight over stupid crap every time I see you.

-Your Daughter
                        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

• Dear People who keep trading in their SUV's for small cars,

I understand that it sucks paying $75+ at the pump, I'm doing it too (for two vehciles) but before you get rid of your paid off/almost paid off SUV, please add up what you pay.

Both of my trucks are paid off. So I pay for insurane ($1200 per year for both trucks) and gas. That's it. If you are paying for Gas, Payment, and insurance are you saving any money? Not to mention we fill up just as much anyway. If you fill up every 300 miles like me then I'll see you at each fill up and watch you pay $65 and leave as I pay $75 and leave.

Again, what are you saving? $10 on gas to spend $50-$500 more on payments and insurance? Yeah, real smart there.

Comment

• Dear Weather,
                            I haven't gone out for a walk for nearly a week now because it's too bloody hot! And the days before that week when I did go for a walk, I had to cut it short because I drank all of the Snapple I brought with me and I still felt like I was going to pass out. How am I supposed to get a quick recovery when the eventual surgery finally comes if I can't walk every day like I'm supposed to?!
                            Cool off already,
                            Princess

Dear Doctors,
                            Call already! The waiting is killing me!
                            Call me,
                            Princess

Dear Mom,
                            Just give me a straight answer. Where the hell is the anniversary dinner being held? How am I supposed to meet you there Saturday if I don't know where there is?
                            Your daughter,
                            Princess

Dear Sis,
                            May I borrow your hair straightner for Mom and Dad anniversary dinner?
                            Your sis,
                            Princess
                            "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                            You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

• Dear Friend,

Please stop e-mailing me those pictures of cats you find on the internet.

You know the ones - they all have some cutesy phrase on them, like the cat's supposed to be talking to me or something.

I don't know if you've notice this over the course of our 15 year friendship, but I am not a cat person. I don't wish them any harm. I don't find them unpleasant. When a cat approaches me, I am kind towards them, as I am to all living creatures.

But cat pictures do about as much for me as say, pictures of lint from my dryer. Which is to say, nothing.

Consider this your official notification to cease-and-desist. I love you, but I am not unwilling to get lawyers involved.

- Boozy

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

• Dear Jester -

I hope the picture I put in the Scavenger Hunt of Danica Patrick wasn't too much for your old man heart.

Cheers!
                                Rum

----------------------------------------------
                                Child,

Why is your temperature going up instead of down? Is the Children's Motrin not working for you? Stop it! You're scaring your Momma.

Love lots,
                                MommyRum

Comment

Working...
                                X