This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Free Will:

Why can you not have the decency to tell me that the decision I'm making is wrong? I appreciate possessing you, but really, I'd let you go if it meant living happily. Does that sound terrible? It is, I admit it, but right now, I am far too sick of the bullshit I keep leading myself into because of YOU.

Yes, my poor decisions led up to me having a daughter at 20, the most beautiful, smart, funny little girl to grace this earth (besides me). However, I could have done without a lot of the pain I went through to get her. Please don't let me choose to be with the next asshole I meet. Let a decent fellow show his interest for once.

Thank you, although you'll probably be getting another letter soon.

Sincerely,
    R.

Comment

• Dear Igorina,

You collect postcards too!? I love postcards. I have a huge photoalbum full of postcards that I keep. I've never met another postcard collector before. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

Fellow postcard collector,
      IDaR
      ---------------------------------------------
      Dear Daughter,

Thank you so much for sleeping through the night in your own bed for 2 days in a row! Please keep it up and I'll buy you one of the biggest, bestest, loudest, noisiest toys at Toys R Us!

Deliriously Awake,
      Your Mommy
      Dear Husband,

I miss you. You work to hard and too long Monday to Friday. Sometimes the only time I know you make it home safe and sound is when I roll over in the middle of the night and you're in bed beside me. Soon I might forget what you look like as you leave before I wake up.

Sadly,
      Your Wife

Comment

• Dear Igorina and IDR

PM Me your addies, I'll try find you some nice SAfrican posties to send

Regards
        rads

Dear self

Stop it. Just stop beating yourself up on a daily basis. Stop being your own worst critic and enemy. You can deal with so much more if you wouldn't become a whiny little bitch.

Grow up
        Rads
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear postcard collectors,

I collect them, too.

And keychains.

Collectingly,

Becks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear T,

You know what I'm going to say. You sense it whenever you see me.

--me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear male coworker L,

I'm flattered. Really, I am.

And yet...it's kind of weird that you know that I'm practically married, yet want to marry me yourself. On about two weeks' acquaintance.

Edging away slowly,

Rebecca
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear IDR,

I do indeed collect postcards. It's a habit I picked up from my father.

Once, he managed to find a postcard his uncle sent to his aunt in an antique shop.

Igorina

Dear iradney,

Thank you so much for your offer!

Igorina

Dear CS board,

If you too collect postcards and find you absolutely *must* have one from Mississippi, send me a PM with a postal addie and I shall see what i can scrounge up.

Igorina

Comment

• Dear back,

Stop having spasms.

In pain,

Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mommy,

I can't believe you were on a motorcycle.

I'm shocked.

Love,

Becks
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Mom--

I also cannot believe you went cruising on a motorcycle.

--Me
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear Igorina -

That story of your dad finding a family postcard in an antique shop? Full of the win.

Postcards rule,
                  IDaR
                  To the CS.com board members,

If y'all would like a postcard from Northern Virginia/Washington DC area. Please send me your addies & I'll try my best to send stuff out to you.

Sincerely,
                  IDaR
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  Dear Child,

Why did you break your sleeping in your own bed streak by sneaking into my bedroom at 1:15 AM?

Tiredly,
                  Mommy
                  Dear Brain,

Please come back.

I miss you,
                  IDaR

Comment

• Dear Irwin,

I love you dearly. Really. I was a bit put out when I bought you and you broke not a month later, but hey, a new hose is no big deal, a good mechanic in the family is a handy thing to have, and you were good as new pretty soon. Then you broke a few more things, and a few more, but I took care of you, and we began to come to an understanding. We get along pretty well now, and you've never really let me down. However, spending 3 grand to keep you going a month ago was a bit much.

Now, you're leaking oil. And I am warning you, right here, right now, this had BETTER be an easy, inexpensive fix. I have no more money to spend on you!

I like you and I appreciate your handy habit of numerologically predicting the future, but really, enough is enough with the mechanical problems!

-Source of Your Gasoline
                    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

• Child -

Again with the coming into Mommy & Daddy's room in the middle of the night?? And waking me up at 6 AM??? Thank God there is coffee in the house!

Very, very, very tired,
                      Mommy
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Husband,

Our daughter might have had her head on your pillow, but she kept flinging her legs onto me. Stop the cursing. Not my fault you got home after 11 PM last night and didn't climb into bed until much later.

No love right now,
                      IDaR

Comment

• Dear construction guy,

I understand that you have to do what you're doing, but the noises you're making by scraping things against other things is making my spine try to crawl out of the back of my neck. I understand you have to be doing this. Please realize though that while I'm trying to suck it up and deal with it, pausing to ask me things like, did my eyebrow piercing hurt, and did I do it myself is not appreciated. I'm really hungry and somewhat tired and worn out from staying up late having a very taxing conversation. I know you're just trying to be cheerful and have a conversation since you're working on the front counter part of my desk. It probably wouldn't be so bad except that noise really is driving me insane.

Dear JM,

Here's to hoping you're free this weekend because I could really do with some hanging out, some woodchucks, and maybe a bit of snuggling. That would be amazingly awesome.

Dear J and Jared,

Thank you for going to see Batman with me. I promise next time I will be better at the navigator stuff and I'm sorry for us winding up in a different state. The movie rocked and I'm glad we got to finally do that.
                        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

• Not-so-dear tonsils,

I really, really hate you. You're supposed to keep me healthy, and you do everything but. And you always get inflamed right before we have plans for the weekend. If I could find a doctor willing to remove you ugly, swollen, red bastards, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Either do your job correctly or shrivel up and die.

No love,
                          XCashier
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Dear G,

I appreciate your offer to help us load up the truck, but I would really prefer you didn't.

Please just stay on the other side of the river until we're ready to leave.

Please.

Oh, yeah. Please tell your husband that it's RUDE to park right in front of the driveway, especially when your son is taking me to work.

--me
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear XCashier

Why won't the docs remove your tonsils if they keep getting infected and inflamed? They sound like quacks to me

*huggles and icecream (with calories removed)*
                              rads
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear Car

Please be a sweetie and not get dirty for a bit, I've just spent three hours washing and polishing you and making the glass all spiffy, if you get grubby again I won't be too amused.

With love,

Your provider of petrol.
                                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                                X