This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Ex Roommate:
    You leaving me in the lurch with the townhouse made my life that much worse, particularly now that I'm getting called every three days or so to be reminded, hey, I have to pay the rest of our contract for that townhouse, since they can't seem to get hold of you to update you on how you owe half of that nearly $7,000 debt. As if my credit score wasn't suffering enough from moving in with you? In the words of Achmed, "I Keel you!"

Dear debt collection agency:
    I've as much as told you that the MOST I could conceivably pay monthly toward my debt would be $50. I have NOT yet gotten my first paycheck. I had no way of actually setting up a budget, particularly for a job that my schedule is extremely short. Telling me that wouldn't even be possible to put into the computer will NOT get me to up my estimate. I was guessing on the generous side since I HAD no basis to compare it to. Jobs are short here in Texas. Asking if I'd asked my parents for help? Pissed me off to no end. I knew the answer to that question before you even suggested it. A hint, when I told you the answer would be 'No.' Don't push harder for me to ask anyway. It's a waste of my time and yours. The answer's NO, F*ckhead! Don't call me two days after I got your info, thinking I'll have a solution already to paying off my debt. TWO WEEKS, minimum, for me to get my first paycheck, so I could set up a budget of some sort, would've been proper. Also, leaving messages on the answering machine that I NEED to call back by 6 PM, when I've given you all the possible options I've come up with already? What do I need to call you for? I want no more abuse from you about how I HAVE to pay off this debt. Yes, I know. But, my situation isn't one where I have much of an option there. And your pushy tactics are pushing you down on my list of 'Debtors I Owe first'. I had two credit cards, and a student loan payment that have been ignored since I moved to Fort Worth, and I WAS expecting to have a job when I moved down, which got blocked AFTER I moved!

Dear parents:
    You told me all my little young life that I could grow up however I wanted, and you'd love me. So, when I admitted my big three secrets, and you reacted with incredulity, you shoved a huge ass wedge between us. THAT is why I moved to Fort Worth. Rocky Horror being near was just a perk. Your reasons for not wanting me to express myself ring terribly hollow. Worried your co-workers will ask weird questions...? What the hell? Tell them to man up and ask me their questions to my face. You KNOW I'm not one to skirt around answering direct questions. I don't give a shit what people think of me, and you know that, too.

Dear Dad:
    Calling my sexual preference a case of, "You don't know what you're doing" was extremely crass. And referring to the period of my life where I went Lacto Ova Vegetarian, and then claiming I wasn't vegetarian, because I ate things most vegetarians wouldn't? Such as? Milk? Eggs? I refer to the first part of that 'vegetarian' subgroup I was living, 'Lacto ova'. Milk AND eggs!

Dear Dolly Parton:
    Keep up the wonderful music. It's the only country music I'll listen to, excepting one CD by the Dixie Chicks. Your music keeps the peace between the sister in law (who ONLY listens to country) and I.
    Last edited by Imogene; 10-24-2008, 04:28 PM. Reason: Debt collectors
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

• Dear Juwl,

I know this isn't much, but here:

Sincerely,
      IDaR

Comment

• Dear Juwl
        and *hands out some cookies I stole from shuttle driver T*

and if it's any comfort I feel a lot of your pain, especially the roommate moving out part (though in fairness, TSO did have a fairly good reason).

Sincerely
        Smiley
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Dear Rads,

Muchos Thanks for the compliment!

Crazylegs
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Dear work,
            Thank you for giving me the time off I want, even though it is tenative. I am happy to work the first half of my shift then leave. I know this all depends on call volume, but my super awesome manager just told me that the new trainee class will be out there taking calls that night. Which means call volume should be dropping!

Doing a happy dance,
            Monolayth
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

• Quoth Misanthropical View Post
              Dear lawn guys,

It was 30 degrees yesterday, so why on earth would be out there mowing the lawn? It was weird.
              Dear Mis,

This morning my car was frosted over, and I passed a house on my way to work that had their lawn sprinkler going.
              At 7:30 in the morning.

Equally puzzled,
              BE
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dear The Boy,

I still love you very much. I'm sorry that I had to hurt you. I'm sorry that we're over. But I couldn't do it anymore. There was too much bad and not enough good. This isn't a forever thing, I want you in my life. But it is permanent for now... Please don't bet on anything happening again. I don't want to hurt you any more than I already have.

I'm crying too... Don't think that I don't care.

Love,
                Me

Comment

• Dear the_std,

-be
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dear BSE,

Thanks. It's been a hard month for me (parents split up, shitty job, had to move back home) and this on top of it really sucks. But I know I can always count on the awesome people here to help.

I love you guys!
                    Me.

Comment

• Dear IDaR and SmileyEagle1021:
                      Thanks for the hugs and general well wishing. Glad to see that someone understands my pain.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

• Dear Body,

I hate you... How could you do this to me again?! Please stop hurting and let me try to forget......

Sad
                        RHPG

~~~~~~

Dear Deities
                        Why didn't you stop this? What did I do to deserve this? I know we weren't trying, and didn't want a baby until after we were married, but that didn't mean I wanted you to give me one and make me watch when you took it away..... Do you know how much that hurts? WHY? Why won't you let us live in peace?

Very very sad panda
                        me

~~~~~~

Dear whoever seems to have a vendetta,

Please stop sending negative energies my way. We can feel them, they are affecting our lives, and we've got enough sh*t going on, we don't need yours too. I'm pretty sure I know who you are. You've caused me enough hell, just go away! Just give me what I want and leave me the hell alone.... I really really never want to see you again, nor do I care any longer what happens to you.
                        Let us live our lives, let me try to rebuild what left I have of my spirit and my confidence... Let me get on without you, and let me GO already. I'm not your property, I didn't betray you. You betrayed me... Leave us alone...

No love
                        Me

Comment

• Dear...

This hurts more than I imagined it would. I know I gave you permission, but it hurts... I was hoping you wouldn't be like the rest, that you'd stay with me...

But I was wrong. I know you're upset, but I can't be there right now to help you... You broke my trust, you broke my heart. I don't know if things will be the same after this, or if I'll have to keep guessing who you'll be with when I'm at work. It hurts, it's terrible...

I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you, I'm sorry you had to go somewhere else for what you needed. You deserve better, I suppose...

~Broken
                          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

• Dear Fenrus

Been there, it hurts.... know we're here for you.....

It does get better
                            Many hugs

RHPG

Comment

• Dear Fenrus
                              I think I speak for all of CS (I can at least speak for myself) when I say we are all here for you if you need us. You know that I never sleep and can be called (almost) any time... I'm sure there are others on the thread who'd be willing to too.

Sincerely
                              Smiley
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Dear everyone,

*Ooooodles of hugs as needed (and cookies I got from EQ)*

Love,

me
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X