This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
    "I hope you aren't suggesting we make our leave right now. I plan to remain quite steadfast until I'm more covered."
    and...

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
    "Maybe the guys can go explore? Since they're obviously more comfortable in how we're all....um...." She kinda trails off here embarrassed again.
    "I wouldn't mind taking a look, but I'd prefer it if I had some sort of weapon in my hand." The dwarf nods to the human male who somehow managed to get hold of a shield and spear. "You willing to take a look?"

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

• Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
      "I wouldn't mind taking a look, but I'd prefer it if I had some sort of weapon in my hand." The dwarf nods to the human male who somehow managed to get hold of a shield and spear. "You willing to take a look?"
      Although I'm certain no one is speaking to me, I respond anyway. "I'll follow, if you'd like assistance." I make no eye contact while speaking, as I am still making note of our bizarre surroundings.
      OOC: Changed my mind. My character has a smaller build, no more than five feet tall, with long, dark brown hair and huge, light green eyes.
      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I smiled in a self deprecating manner before frowning slightly. "I hope you aren't suggesting we make our leave right now. I plan to remain quite steadfast until I'm more covered."
        Quoth Kheldarson View Post
        "Maybe the guys can go explore? Since they're obviously more comfortable in how we're all....um...." She kinda trails off here embarrassed again.
        We're all in the clothes-less predicament together and chances are we'll never see each other or even remember each other again. There are no clothes in here and I can only hope that behind one of the doors there ares some supplies.

(holds up the scythe) Well, this can be a weapon in a pinch, if needed.

(It takes me a few minutes to actually get up the "comfort" to get off of the table but I make a bee-line towards the closest wall and walk over towards the southern door (with the cobra and minotaur).

(When I reach the door)
        Does anyone have an issue if I open up this door?

(I'll wait for responses).
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• OOC: Eh, I'm not using the quote feature anymore, too annoying.

IC: "Not if you let me take a look at it first." I carefully first my hands, then an ear, to the door and close my eyes for a moment.

Can I get a listen check, please?

Comment

• just to make sure...its the south door right?
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• OOC: Yes, at least that's what I gathered from Draggar's post.

Comment

• OOC: I was at the door with the cobra and minotaur - I think that is the southern door.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• you put your ear to the door and SWEAR you hear the sound of someone walking just beyond the door...when you pull back to report what you hear...you notice that its just draggar standing behind/beside you shifting his feet slightly...

(rolled a 3 on listen)
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• OOC: Are there any types of handles or locks on the door?

Comment

• standard handle shaped like a snake...no visible lock.

To answer a request...here is what everyone woke up with...

nurian: spear and shield
                      Draggar: a sickle
                      Eric: just a scroll case
                      kheldarson: nothing
                      junior mintz: nothing
                      Hinakiba77: Dagger and buckler sized shield.
                      Last edited by Sarlon; 11-04-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• We're all in the clothes-less predicament together and chances are we'll never see each other or even remember each other again. There are no clothes in here and I can only hope that behind one of the doors there ares some supplies.
                        "I truly hope you aren't suggesting we part ways once we get out of this room," I frown. "That would be absolutely foolish, considering that until the Dwarf can draw a new spell tomorrow, there are only three of us with weapons."

I slide off the table, the time sitting reviving my energies a bit, but my legs are still a little shaky.

"Sorry that I'm so prone to modesty." Again the attitude comes into play. I've quite the sharp tongue I'm finding. It's a bit fun.

"Not if you let me take a look at it first."
                        "Does it seem safe to open?" I inquire gently. "Can we go?"

I move halfway between my slab and the doorway, still a little unsteady. I'd feel better if both my hands weren't filled. A belt or a sheath for the dagger would have been helpful. I sigh with more than a little exasperation, then shift my hold on the shield and dagger. Naked, no memory, and with my hands full, I am so very much out of my comfort zone.
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

"I truly hope you aren't suggesting we part ways once we get out of this room," I frown. "That would be absolutely foolish, considering that until the Dwarf can draw a new spell tomorrow, there are only three of us with weapons."
                          "I am not suggesting that at all. It seems that none of us know each other so we're probably from places distant from each other. We were brought here for a reason - I can only assume our skills together can solve the puzzles that lie ahead of us to accomplish our tasks.

When our task, or tasks, are completed, I have a feeling we'll be sent back home, but only when the time is right.

Yes, we need to work together now. I don't know about the rest of you but I know I need to harvest the fungi that grows in Thane Rhuzal's caverns and then take that, and this sickle, to a druid named Drinda.

I can only hope everyone else's task is either similar, or coincides with this task. But for now, I think the priority is finding some sort of protection for us, even if it is basic animal skins or peasant's clothes. We also need to find some food so we can keep our strength."

I pause for a second.

"Wait a minute, I have no idea where I am, how am I supposed to find those caverns and that druid??"
                          Last edited by draggar; 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• I continue to tune out the chatter around me as I carefully examine the door. I'm not even certain if I'm good at this, but as the others are clearly distracted by their lack of pants, it hasn't occurred to anyone *else* to do so. As much as I'd prefer to have some sort of sort of protective armor while in such an unfamiliar area, I'm not concerned with nudity in the slightest. The others are clearly bothered, especially the humans, so perhaps it's cultural.

Still... I'd be a bit more comfortable if I had a weapon of some sort.

"Does it seem safe to open?" I inquire gently. "Can we go?"
                            "... I don't hear anything.... and I see no locks... one moment, please..." I say, as I examine the door.

Trap check?

"And with all due respect, may I ask that everyone lower their voices for the time being? I'd like to keep an ear out for strange sounds as we move out."

Don't suppose I can get another listen check, now that I've asked everyone to quiet down a bit?
                            Last edited by JuniorMintz; 11-04-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
                              "I am not suggesting that at all. It seems that none of us know each other so we're probably from places distant from each other. We were brought here for a reason - I can only assume our skills together can solve the puzzles that lie ahead of us to accomplish our tasks.
                              The Dwarf nods at this and pauses to think a bit, while the door is being checked out. He concentrates hard on exactly who he is. He has a feeling of what he is, or rather what he does as a profession, but he has a sudden desire to know who he is, or at least what his name is. Perhaps <GM HINT> by concentrating on it will provide that knowledge.

Eric the Grey
                              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

• JM: careful examination of the door reveals no traps, though you now have figured out how to open the door, as it slowly creaks open an inch. Beyond is a room that is emmiting a faint humming noise and seems to be glowing faintly blue.

ETG: You have a faint memory of a name that comes to mind...perhaps a nick name? But somehow it feels right to you. (read PM for name)

Comment

Working...
                                X