Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you look back and you do see everyone that you saw before you walked through the arch. you walk back through the arch and again feel that slight tingle of something as you walk through it.

on a completely different side note....I have the character sheets ready and updated all except names.so now i can give you guys real roll results.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
      "Do you think it's safe to follow you?" I call out hoping he can hear me. I turn back to my other compatriots. "Should I go?"
      "It seems safe - just be careful when you walk under the arch, something happens but it doesn't seem harmful."

I head to the far door, not as slow as before but still cautious and check out the far door - I do not open it but listen, feel it, maybe look under it if I can.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Taking a deep breath I step through the door. I walk cautiously toward to man with the sythe. I look around as I proceed. Eventually, I step under the arch...
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• Hina: you also feel a slight resistance...then a tingle of energy around you. you walk through unharmed and see nothing else of interest.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• (To Hinakiba - quiet enough for only her to hear making eye contact - not letting my eyes "stray" and in a sincere tone)

"Do you feel better now?"
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

"Do you think it's safe to follow you?" I call out hoping he can hear me. I turn back to my other compatriots. "Should I go?"
              and then...

Quoth draggar View Post
              "It seems safe - just be careful when you walk under the arch, something happens but it doesn't seem harmful."

I head to the far door, not as slow as before but still cautious and check out the far door - I do not open it but listen, feel it, maybe look under it if I can.
              The dwarf follows the two into the room, stopping when he reaches the arch and feels the tingling (I'm making an assumption here, if I don't feel it, let me know and I'll edit this post). He stops and appears to listen, taking in the feel of it and trying to sense intention (good/evil, I haven't read how that works in 3.5 yet) if possible.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

• She moves--well, it's closer to a creep--to the door, watching them cross the room. She'd rather know what exactly's going on before going any further...

OOC: Sorry I've been out, it's been busy. Too many things...*scurries off to get more writing done on story again...*
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Do you feel better now?"
                  A small embarrassed smile crosses my face, and my cheeks grow a bit warm. I feel a little silly for being scared of that room, but I do feel better now.

"Yes," I nod. "Much better thank you."

I turn to see the dwarf pass the archway. The other three are still at the door, the half elf girl watching us intently. I tilt my head to motion them follow.

"I gather it would be foolish to hope the rest of the journey will run so smoothly."

Comment

• ok the other door....(geeze I go away for an HOUR and look at you folks...moving things along....what next? plot progression?...*note: don't argue sarlon...they MIGHT stop.../note)

The door itself seems to be made of marble. A ornate handle stands out from the door and a symbol is on carved on the door...as well as some writing.

Eric, Nurian, and Hina ONLY: You somehow know what the writings mean...it says "The Arches of Isis"

Draggar, Khel, JuniorMintz: There is just a bunch of random writing on the door itself.

the symbol on the door looks like a woman with wings attached to her arms. (can't seem to attach a picture of EXACTLy what she looks like...but look up any picture of isis herself and you'll see what I mean.)
                    Last edited by Sarlon; 11-05-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• The dwarf sighs almost contentedly, as one does when dipping into the perfectly heated bath, and proceeds beyond the archway with a slight smile on his face.

After a few steps he turns to the others waiting at the first door and says, "It's all right to come ahead. I get the feeling we've chosen the correct path."

Eric the Grey

Comment

• (To Eric) "How do you know? This looks like writing but I cannot read it."
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• I hear what the man with the Sythe is saying, but as he's addressing the dwarf, I choose not to interrupt with a response. I look at the door, the words clear to me as the image of Isis herself. However, maybe the man with the sythe just doesn't understand this form of writing. I shrug to myself, leaning close to the door. No harm seeing if there's anything beyond the door.

Listen Check

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
                            (To Eric) "How do you know? This looks like writing but I cannot read it."
                            The dwarf waves at the archway and says in a kindly voice, "Whatever that is, it doesn't feel wrong to me. I get a feeling of peace when I concentrated on it. Not good, and not evil, just a feeling of peace. It's what I have to go on, and I'll choose to follow it."

"The writing on the door says 'The Arches of Isis.' I get a tickle at the back of my memory about the name, but I'm not certain why. Perhaps It'll come to me like my name did, if I concentrate on it..." OOC: Looks over at the DM

Eric the Grey
                            Last edited by Eric the Grey; 11-06-2009, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I hear what the man with the Sythe is saying, but as he's addressing the dwarf, I choose not to interrupt with a response. I look at the door, the words clear to me as the image of Isis herself. However, maybe the man with the sythe just doesn't understand this form of writing. I shrug to myself, leaning close to the door. No harm seeing if there's anything beyond the door.

Listen Check
                              I hold a finger to my mouth and look to the rest of the party in an effort to quiet them. Whether or not they noticed, I am uncertain.

After a moment, I speak up. "Do you hear anything?", I whisper.

I'll wait for a response before I examine the door further for traps.
                              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• I shake my head. "No, not a sound."

I look at the door again. I try to recall something about the words I read. Isis? The language? Something. I close my eyes to think, hand almost touching the words.

OOC: Maybe a little inspiration from our DM

Also, she told me I heard nothing personally earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X