Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep walking, trying to work out the last few kinks in my back. Must have slept on a rock. That buried itself again when I got up. Evil rocks. How much farther is this place?
    Sooo not paying attention to the road behind her.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
      draggar: you over slept some and after a morning breakfast your back on the road. About midday you see that same night elf on the road heading in the same general direction that you are.
      Night elf as in Drow (in appearance and reputation)?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

NTS: stop writting posts when one is half asleep or just waking up...

here is the corrected statement...

draggar: you over slept some and after a morning breakfast your back on the road. About midday you see that same elf from the night before, on the road heading in the same general direction that you are.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Hmmm, that kid is still following me. Well, I understand this is a fairly well travelled road. Probabaly just a trader from one of the encampments.

I think food is a little low, perhaps I should head off into the woods to hunt something?
          I'll attempt to hunt something, deer, rabbit, maybe evn forage some fruits and vegetables while also keeping an sys on the road to see if she follows me or keeps on going.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'll wait to see how khel responds, before I tell you about your hunting trip.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

That elf is moving off into the woods...none of my business. But I am getting a little hungry. A break before I keep going would be good. I think I've got a bit of food left from the house...
              Not following him, but sits under the shade of a tree and pulls out a bit of bread she'd grabbed from home before leaving. Not really filling but...
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Draggar: No one follows you, though you get the odd sensation that someone is watching you, each time catching a glimpse out of the corner of your eye, but never able to lock onto what it is. you manage to forage enough to get you to town and a little left over.

Kheldarson: as your sitting under the tree you spot what appears to be either a young child or a halfling boy/man. He is rather well dressed and appears to be carrying a rather large bag that seems to weigh more then he does. He spots you and waves merrily walking over to you and sitting down.

"pardon me miss...mind if I sit a spell? rather long journey I had...and not as young as I used to be."

He offers you some food from his pack which is some dried fruit, and meat, as well as a canteen of fresh water.

"My name is...erm well my friends call me Tolis, might you be going to alturist? If so, might I ask to travel with you? safety in numbers and all...I won't slow you down...and I could put some coin in your pocket."

He looks at you with big brown eyes, which seem to have flecks of gold coloring in them. His long black hair is cut rather fasionably and his clothes while dusty and slightly worn are of good quality. and well taken care of.

Draggar: Just as you finish your foraging, you see the halfling sitting with the same elf under the tree and do over hear parts of the conversation.

Comment

I try to parallel the road in the woods while she is distracted with the halfling - close enough for me to know where I am but far enough that I wouldn't be easily seen.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

The halfling looks right at draggar, and holding up a small personal item that was in his (draggar's) possessions, says rather cheerfully.

"excuse me sir? did you might happen to drop this? I've been looking for you as well...join us?"

he has a broad grin on his face that is only very slightly impish.

Comment

I guess I failed my save vs. DM's direction. Trapped by the DM.

That halfling must have stolen something from me last night and I bet he's teamed up with that half-elf too. Halflings are an annoying bunch, too, almost as bad as kenders (there are kenders, right? If not, disregard that last comment).
                      I start to talk towards them and thank the halfing, I must have forgotten to pack whatever he had.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

both of you seem to think that this halfling is rather....different. First off hes not sitting directly on the ground, but a few inches above it. He reguards you both with wide eyes, seeming to peer right into both of your eyes directly...almost rudely.

"so...You know ole eagle eye eh, he ever tell you how he got that name? I knew him back in....well lets just say my youth...and your father..."

He turns smiling to khel...

"wonderful man...knew him too....strange bunch of characters...but they were very important...."

Seeing the slightly odd and worried looks (which I know you are most likely giving him), he smiles again.

"oh don't worry, I won't tell him I found you...and no he didn't send me after you. Now, what takes you so far from your forests?"

He leans back slightly and folds his arms behind his head waiting to hear the responses.

Draggar: I NEVER introduce named NPCS without reason...and you'll like this guy...his humor is...unique, but no ones killed him yet ^_^

Comment

I blink at the strange rambling man. Who is this guy to know so much? At least he's not going to take me home but still. And who's Eagle Eye? I give a confused look between the two men. "Um...I'm just exploring but who are you?"
                          I guess we're all aboard now.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Italics are thinking.

Hmm, he knows me, and probably the half elf but is he here to help me or distract me...

Yes I did know Eagle Eye and I'm trying to find him. I figured I'd head to Alturist to pick up some supplies during my search.
                            At least his name isn't Reigis or Rumblebelly.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

he grins again and sits back slightly.

"oh I traveled with ole eagle eye back when he was your age...erm....when he was younger."

he offers some more of the supplies he has.

"so, Alturist eh? Lovely town really. I'm heading there myself on business...looking for another old friend...Merlic Albus...head of the mages guild and a VERY old friend of mine. If I may be so forward...may i beg a small favor of traveling with you at least as far as the city gates? I'd offer some honest coin, and of course there is safety in numbers."

He rumages in his over sized pack while waiting for an answer.

Comment

I'm sure some power higher than the gods themselves would spite me if I refused him...

I don't see the harm of you coming along, I don't think Alturist is that far away form here and this road is well travelled.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X