Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climing over the last hill, Alturist rose in the horizon. "Finally," he thought to himself. "I've made it."

Securing his rapier to his side, and readjusting his pack, he began walking toward the city. Ashyen was only two days ride away from his village, but already began feeling homesick. He missed the clean air, the sounds of the harvest. Even missed hearing the farmers bicker in the tavern about who's crops would take the most this year. But he knew all that was behind him now.

He found the power in his words. Now to put them to good use.
    And the bard shows up! Bwahahaha.
    Last edited by Fenrus; 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM.
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
      "Hes gone to the tower more then likely...following the unsettling rumors we've heard. I'd suggest if you go seek him not to go alone though...bandits and deserters are thick down that way and no one wants to travel alone any more."

"Eagle Eye is a good man he can handle himself, but he did want you to have this...and become part of the guild."

inside the packet is a rather simple looking brooch like hes seen the others wearing, a scroll tied and sealed in wax, and a letter of introduction to the guild basically telling of the perks of the guild including weapon upgrades, training, discounted supplies etc.
      I thank him and accept his invitation. I also take the equipment. (I assume opening the scroll is for later).

You mentioned rumors about the tower - would you care to explain those? I just got into town from where Eagle Eye and I lived so I haven't been able to get hear the rumors.

I also ran across an interesting halfling on my way here. Tolis or Torlis, he seemed to have a difficult time with his name (Remember DM - he NEVER said Tolin to me) and that he knew Eagle Eye, do you know him? He was a rather odd fellow, very cheerful, in fact, too cheerful. He seemed to be traveling, well more like following, a half elf who was following me here.

Also, would you know anyone who could help me? Perhaps someone in this guild or people with other talents that could aid me?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

He cracks a small smile but quickly hides it.

"no worries about that scamp...hes harmless, useful in his own ways, but basically harmless. As for rumors? It seems that the south is trying to find ways to break into the tower itself. (player knows that this is the HIGHEST form of blasphemy known EVER.) We think they may be after what the ancient texts say MIGHT be in there..."

He frowns deeply.

"as for those in the guild able to help you? Sadly I have non that are not on assignment, thought if you try around the taverns and inns you might find someone."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I thank him for his time and I leave his office.

I look over the sheet that describes the services that he gave me and see if there is anything I may need for my journey.

Then, I'll head to the Dire Rat since the DM keeps pushing us there.
          Last edited by draggar; 05-08-2009, 05:30 PM.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Passing through the gates, Ashyen looks around at the town before him. Wow, it's so big! he thought to himself. I'm gonna get lost! Maybe I should find a tavern.

Asking a few locals, he finds out the way to The Dire Rat, a very famous inn. I'll just stop in, see what's going around in here, maybe see if I can make a few bits of silver with my violin.
            Wonder if I'll run into anyone on the way! :P
            Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Welcome to the Rangers Guild..

Currently we have 294 active members. (DM: that number will magically adjust as the guild grows or shrinks.)

For your convience we have the following services.
              • Special weapon training (duel wield and archery)
              • apprenticeship training
              • companion training
              • weapon training
              • armor sales
              • weapon sales
              • magic items
              • equipment sales

Please be aware that use of the guild is for members only, and must have a badge on at all times. Any person or persons accompanying you must register at the head office.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Companion training? Are we in Firefly / Serenity now?
                (j/k) - I'll continue tonight - I'll need to look at my sheets.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

The exterior of the Dire Rat is that of a 2 story run down ramshackle building. Inside however is what the lobby of a 5 star upscale hotel. There is a set of stairs leading up to the second floor while a Large strange looking box sits beside the stairs. There is a rather burly looking orc standing behind a counter, doing something.

Upon entrance he spots Ashyen, and smiles warmly. "Good day sir, welcome to The Dire Rat."

Ashyen is a little taken back, as he is used to the more savage orcs of the nomadic plains. "How.. how do you do, sir... I'm new in this town, trying to find my way."

The orc's smile remains as he politely says "well, theres plenty to see around here. Might you be needing a room for the night? or perhaps a hot meal and a cold drink?

Ashyen: "Aye, sir. A hot meal and a cold drink would do well for my tired body."

He raises his voice just slightly turning away from you, "Allisa, dish up some of that stew and bread for our guest..." he then turns back to you and says "we have a rather large selection of drinks available sir...from the stoutess dwarven ale to the lightest elven wine."

Ashyen: "If it's all the same sir, I'll just take a light ale. A bit early in the day for anything heavier, I'd assume." I pull my violin from my pack, "I hope you don't mind, I just have to make sure it's alright. it was a long trip from my home."

"wait an hour or so for the dinner crowd to get here and you might just earn yourself a free room for a few nights" he winks slyly, as he pulls a tankard of a light ale from a tap. "normal player had to cancel this evening...caught a bad curse from an angry wizard apperently."

Ashyen: "Tough luck, that. I believe I might take your offer, though. Could use the chance to see how I fare in the big city, and the room would be much obliged, of course!"

"Know any good dance tunes?" This came from a middle aged woman just entering the room from a door behind the bar, carrying a large bowl and a covered basket. "get this place all roudy, and you won't have to worry about money long in this town." The aroma wafting from the things she carries makes your stomach growl loudly. The bowl contains a rather hearty stew with thick chunks of meat and veggies in a rich broth. The basket contains fresh bread still warm and sliced with a small plate of butter.

Ashyen: Aye, I believe I just might *roll a perform check for them, just a quick taste of what I can do*. Though, I must say I'd play much better with that delicious food in me. *smiles shyly at the woman*

you purposely hit a few sour notes as you play but the tune you play has them smiling and clapping along until you stop. The tankard of ale having been placed in front of you as you were playing, theres even a smattering of applouse from a few other guests just entering the room. (25 perform check)

the orc speaks up again as you stop, "I'm Grok "doorcleaver" and this is my wife allisa. Play like that tonight son, and you'll have a room for a week WITH meals."

Ashyen:*smiles shyly* Well, I'll definately do my best.
                  Last edited by Sarlon; 05-08-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

My want list (let me know what the guild has):

I have no pants! I've been walking around in no pants!! A pair of leather pants!! (My character on Everquest had the same problem!)
                    Leather boots (soft leather for walking)
                    A hat - leather (maybe like an aussie hat?)

Arrows (distance arrows) and a quiver.

Rope (silk?)
                    Flint & steel
                    loadstone (only if I don't know how to tell directions (but any ranger should know how to?)
                    grappling hook

Let me know what they have and how much they cost.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Draggar: Since all that stuff is basic, I'll let you have all of it at no charge.

Comment

• Cool, since it's all free, can I have a smalljammer and an ultimate help with 10 powers?

(j/k).

I'll also look into healing potions / salves, poison antidotes, hmm.. what else?
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• 2 pots of cure minor (1d8+4), 2 basic broadspectrum antibiotics, potion of cats grace (+4 to dex for 8 rounds)...will take 45 gold.

Comment

• Sounds good.

I'll head over to the dire rat now.

Edit; How many arrows was I able to buy (and what kinds of there are different kinds)
                            Last edited by draggar; 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Draggar: You arrive just as its starting to get busy, the exterior a stark contrast to the brightly lit interior. You hear live music in the bar room, and several humans bustling about carrying drinks and food to people. The large orc is behind the counter filling orders.

While it appears to be chaotic in this room there is a sense of balance, like no one dares to start a fight in here.

A rather anxious looking barmaid comes up to you with a quick smile, "evening sir, find yourself a seat, can I get you a drink and dinner?"

Comment

• Yes, could I please have a bowl of stew, some bread, and a glass of wine? I may also be interested in a room for the night.
                                Damn orcs are now trying to run the establishements? He better not spit in my drink or else he'll have some trouble..

I head over to where the music is and try to find a seat - I could use some entertainment after this long journey.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X