Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the waitress rushes off, and you easily find a seat near the music...which turns out to be a human playing a violin.

Although the music is not anything you have ever heard before, its got a catchy tune that you can't help but tap your toes in time with. There is a space near him thats completely clear of tables or chairs and several people are dancing with the music.

Not long after you sit down your food and drink are brought to you, with a small slip of paper showing the rates for the rooms above...any where from 1 night to 1 month.

ashyem: What started out as a slow night, with only a small handful of people in the room and barely half listening to the music has very quickly turned into a full house, several people having left and brought more and more people with them. Eventually a space is cleared for dancing and you get everyone going.

You are freely supplied with drinks of any sort all evening, and even recieve some coin in your pocket...by the end of the night just after midnight the room slowly beings to clear out as peope head home. The orc walks over to you grinning, and hands you a room key, and a pouch.

"You sir, have just earned in one night, more than that old bard brought in in a week. Your room is up on the second floor, and if there is anything else you might need, don't hesitate to ask." Grinning he gives you a friendly clout on the shoulder and walks off to help the others clear tables.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• (and the DM forgot to tell me how much the tab was and how much the rooms were...)

(I'll edit this with room information when the DM responds - but generally I pay her and inquire about a stay).

I sit for several hours listening to the music - I'm assuming he has something out for tips? if so, I throw one gold in there.

Edit: PM received - I guess I'll rent a room for a month.
      Last edited by draggar; 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
        The orc walks over to you grinning, and hands you a room key, and a pouch.
        "You sir, have just earned in one night, more than that old bard brought in in a week. Your room is up on the second floor, and if there is anything else you might need, don't hesitate to ask."
        Looking at the key in his hand, and feeling a little tired from his night of performing, Ashyen climbs the stairs to his room. Opening the door, all the sights and smells of the room embrace him, and he looks around at all of the ammenities. "This is bigger than my room at home! I could definately get used to this," he thought as he pulled off his chainmail, and walks over to the flowing warm water. "I think I'll just soak for a bit, then try to get some rest."
        Yaay! I made a gold from Draggar! :P
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

• Okay I'm behind, no one kill me please...I've had a bad week and a bad case of writers block.

After performing a few small pieces of healing, for free, the young girl gives a yawn and rubs her stomach. Decisions decisions...Looking back towards the road that would take her home and then down the other way that would take her to the inns she tilts her head. Something...something was telling her to go...

Her feet move her to one of the more jumping inns and she moves inside the , Dire Rat. Making a slight face at the noise she lets her ears take it all in. The sounds of people having fun and drinking with eating and the sounds of music. Leaning on her staff slightly she waits a moment more.

Comment

• Another smiling but busy looking woman walks up to aethian as she appears in the room of the inn.

"good day m'lady, what brings a servent of the church to our humble abode? May i get you some supper and something to drink?"

She bows just slightly out of respect.

(DM:Fenrus, inside the pouch you find an assortment of gold, silver and some copper totaling 45 gold.)
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Sorry I haven't been posting. My bf came to visit and...yeah. Distraction ^^

After a day of exploring I make my way into an inn, I think it's the Dire Rat. I'm kinda tired. But there all kinds of people here! Why didn't Dad take me out to see all of this before?
              By the way, while wandering, I would've been trying to help supplement the 10 gold I have whenever was most feasible. I imagine picking a pocket in a large town shouldn't be too hard.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Khel: You manage some rather deft handling of "procuring an honest living", you are careful though since this is a large well guarded city. Time it gets to be full dark and people are heading indoors for the evening, you hear music coming from a dingy looking inn. The worn sign outfront proclaims it to be "The Dire Rat".

Inside you hear people laughing and dancing, and some pretty decent music. As you enter you are completely floored on what the inside appears to be, as a young woman comes and takes your drink and food requests.

(DM: Total pickpocketing and sales...50 gold)

Comment

• I'm assuming the 4 of us are at the Dire Rat now this night? I'm watching Fenrus play music this evening (night now?) - Aethian and Khel have also arrived in the evening / night?

Does anyone notice anyone else (other than the bard)?
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Room is to crowded to make out anyone you don't know. But yes there are actually 5 of you...the fighter hasn't posted but we were discussing that privately.

Draggar and Khel: Even in the crowded room you swear you catch glimpses of that halfling that you came into town with, though you cannot seem to lock onto his face.

its full dark time everyone shows up.

Comment

• I'll wait for everyone to catch up with the timeline - I'm there until the bard finishes - then I head out to my room.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
                        Another smiling but busy looking woman walks up to aethian as she appears in the room of the inn.

"good day m'lady, what brings a servent of the church to our humble abode? May i get you some supper and something to drink?"

She bows just slightly out of respect.
                        Okay, mind is working somewhat...lets see if I can make this make any sense...

Aethian looks to the woman before nodding her head back. Straightening off of her staff she gives motion to a small free table and chair, "If that is free I will take some of the stew I am smelling and a nice glass of...something fresh. I will leave the choice as to what, up to you." Smiling to the girl she takes a slight step in direction of the table. Her eyebrows coming together slightly, "Someone...or something is here that needs my attention, I must see to what it is."

Comment

• the woman bustles off with the order and comes back with a bowl of the stew, and a mug of a crisp cider.

The music, bunny, is definatly more unique then you've ever heard, several people dancing rather energetically in time.

As the night begins to dwindle down you notice a halfling staring rather intently at you from across the room, but you blink and hes gone...and not in the room either as far as you can see.

Comment

• What is that halfling doing here? Is he following me? I know the guildmaster said he was harmless with a hint of comedy in his tone but, is it an act? Is he following me? I better keep en eye out for him - he's already stolen from me once.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• I'm fascinated by all of this. Nobody ever got quite this rowdy at home. Still, it's getting a bit loud overall and I want to just lie down somewhere. Plus I keep feeling watched...which is creepy. But whoever's playing sounds really good.
                              Gah...why does everything in life hit at once? Anyway...gonna sit there for a hour or two then head to bed.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I'm going to back track a little...

I better see what that little halfling is lurking around about.

As the night starts to wind down, Draggar gets up and looks around the crowd, mainly for the halfling, but anyone else who might seem like they could help him get to the tower and find Eagle Eye.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X