This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    34 isn't so bad. I'm jealous, though. I work for B&N and I haven't even gotten to play with a live nook, let alone own one. (We don't even get any employee discount on them.)
    hehe. I have played with the demo unit a little. When the hubby and I were clearing the living room for the new tv, we found a costco bag (or ikea bag, ie HUGE) worth of books. The books are winning in the house. This is a problem.

And I can't work on B&N. I would never bring home a paycheck.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• GO GO EMO RANGERS!
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
        hehe. I have played with the demo unit a little. When the hubby and I were clearing the living room for the new tv, we found a costco bag (or ikea bag, ie HUGE) worth of books. The books are winning in the house. This is a problem.

And I can't work on B&N. I would never bring home a paycheck.
        If you work in the store they let you borrow hardcovers. When I left Store2 after 2 years I had 3 whole pages in the sign-out log. (Probably 25 lines on a page; so an average of about 1.38 books a week. ) Unfortunately that's not a perk of the distribution center, though we do get a 40% discount and no tax on books purchased through the DC. Borrowing books is one of the few things I miss about working in the store.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I need a smoke. I also need to drop off my kids vouchers as they are taking over my purse. O.o
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

• I'm cold. Cold cold cold cold cold. And PMSing. Not a fun day.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I wish the cat hadn't puked on my clean work clothes this morning. These other pants are itchy and keep riding up to my breasts.... I look like my grandma.
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

• That I have six consecutive days of work to come, starting tomorrow; I'm working overtime. I only appreciate overtime when I get paid. XD
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

• How did I watch the first 4 discs of season 7 of Law and Order: SVU in less than a day? I should've rented more... I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'm off again and need to rent the next disc, and start season 8 too. That walk to the store would be much more pleasant if the sun was out.
                  "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

• I wish I knew why I was scheduled for a department I don't like working in and at a time I'm barely functional.

Oh, and I wish the damn wind would stop.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Gotta love how the summery weather (81 degrees at 6pm) brings out the shirtless fat guys.

Tomorrow it's only supposed to be 60.

It's a good thing the windows at work don't open cuz my computer would have gone out today...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I am going to harm the person who worked on this database before I did. It is fracked up beyond all reason. This is a really important resource for what we do. It cannot be this screwed up. I am looking at doing a full audit on 2 databases for the last 3 years. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. plus I am typing in about 500 lines into one of the databases right now and then have to audit the other one because one WHOLE list was left out. This is very very bad. I have been swearing at work for the last 3 days and it doesn't look like it will get any better any time soon.

must think happy thoughts. Get to go to the zoo on Saturday with Mommy and Hubby (Dad has to work ) get my new toy.

Must kill the icky alliance tonight. Setting gnomes alight will make me feel better
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• My knees hurt.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I miss my girlfriend so very much.
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• It really sucks that the MOTH™ decided to start rearranging the DVD and VHS shelves (and the living room, a bit) and then stopped in the middle of the project, so I have to shove a shelving unit out of the way to get to the door to leave the apartment and there's another unit in the middle of the living room.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• I'm thinking that my awesomeist sister ever needs to kick dumbass out.
                                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X