Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Character establishment and epic battles is usually where/when things clog up.
    EDIT: Waaaaaahhhhh hurry up and wake up people! I wanna get to you guuuyyyyyssss!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

*nods* yet another thing rough about forum roleplays..different time zones. People can feel left out if they are not on as the same time as the 'GM' (ie me), and those who are get a dozen posts and they get one..which I feel bad about. However, anybody who wants can PM me to set up a time for me to be on to do a fast and furious posting session.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

OR, make a note that you want your action to be like XXXX, maybe we could all work out a system of initiative/action sequences, like they have in Shadow Run with initiative passes. Or just say if it's a special inter-play... or the GM can mark it as a solo-convo or something... *thinks*
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

... and now you know Ananda Brynildson, Ph spaz.

Comment

Hey Mytical, had a thought as I woke up! Kate's an empath. What emotions was she getting from the Gemini twins there? That would influence her a lot.

And yes, I'll be trying to remember/remind as we play.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hmm a lot of sorry/worry from the sister. A hint of anger from the brother..but not directed at either the sister or herself..and also worry. Both have a deep kindness however. Almost a kind of 'peace' about them.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That would definitely be a positive for them. So if she called the number like a day or two later and said she was willing to listen...could we pick up her side of things from there?
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

In addition to this general info...

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                    Okay, here's my character...

True Name: Augusta Rose Jackson

Country of Origin: United States

Nickname (if any): "Gussie" -- she loathes it when someone calls her this

Powers: Telekinesis -- she can manipulate up to 800 lbs of matter (or a mass equivalent to 5 times her body weight), whether gently sliding it across the ground, or hurling it at high speed at a threat

Ability: Tri-lingual -- speaks fluent English and Spanish, and conversational Russian. Also moderately skilled in the use of handguns and tactical batons

Weaknesses: Overuse of superpower can lead to blinding, debilitating migraine headaches. Body heals at normal human speed and is prone to normal human weaknesses.

Description: Attractive, dark-skinned African-American woman standing 5'10" and weighing 160 lbs. Prefers wearing colorful dresses and suits, and likes eye-catching jewelry. Keeps hair cut very short.

Apparent age: 30

Real Age: 33

Government Affiliation: Buncombe County Department of Social Services -- Augusta is a caseworker specializing in child abuse cases for the Buncombe County DSS, located in Asheville, NC
                    ...allow me to flesh out this character some more.

Augusta had a largely uneventful childhood, and came from what by all accounts could be called a happy, normal home. She isn't particularly well-traveled but because of her passion for maps, geography, and travel, she was planning to major in travel and tourism technology in college. However, she switched to social work after enduring, and finally getting out of, a severely abusive relationship when she was 20. She grew up speaking English and learning Spanish thanks to living in Emma, which is easily the most diverse neighborhood in Asheville. In college, she also began learning Russian, which is the third most-spoken language in Western North Carolina after English and Spanish. Together, her understanding of abusive relationship paradigms, and her knowledge of these three languages make her one of the most valuable caseworkers at DSS.

Augusta is currently involved in a very fulfilling relationship with Derek Paint, a full-blooded Cherokee Indian who works at a large area bank as a computer programmer. The two of them love eating out at restaurants, and attending shows and plays, and a perfect evening for them is to have a nice dinner downtown, followed by a peformance of the Asheville Ballet, the Asheville Lyric Opera, or a play at the Diana Wortham Theatre or the Asheville Community Theatre. Needless to say, they're also to be found at the symphony whenever they can both spare the time and money. When by herself, Augusta loves a good book or an in-depth video game. The people at the library know her on sight and love to see her coming, thanks to her cheerful personality.

Augusta and Derek are currently talking about marriage, but no plans are definite yet. They live together in a condo in the 12 South Lexington building in downtown Asheville. One of the best things about their home, they agree, is that it's within walking distance of their church, First Congregational. Both consider themselves Christians, and they both draw on their faith in times of worry or trouble. They find First Congregational most appealing due to its stance on social justice and gay rights. It, and they, aren't afraid to stand up and fight for both. Augusta would say this is just more evidence of her strong sense of justice.

At the moment, Augusta is trying to understand and develop her emerging power, and is taking their appearance in stride -- as much as one can, at any rate. Lately, though, it has become harder and harder to control her abilities due to a very stressful situation at work -- Augusta has discovered compelling evidence to suggest that a brothel of young (some of them extremely young) Russian and Ukrainian girls has been established in Asheville for use by members of the Russian Mafia, who can hop a flight in Atlanta, Miami, New York, or Chicago, spend a weekend in a nice, out-of-the-way place like Asheville, and be back home on Monday without anyone the wiser. She is currently gathering proof of this operation.
                    Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 03-16-2011, 01:32 PM.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I go to bed and there's another two pages in each thread.

Feel free to pick my character up for a recruitment next. At this point he's likely unemployed, since all his training is in electronics and computers, which he'll generally wreck at this point if he isn't careful.
                      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Ok. I will start the recruitment drive, had a few people contact me about it so this will be fun. Gives me a chance to introduce the rest of the npc, including the one NPC that I am going to request be pretty much treated as a PC (IE before you use them in a post, ask me ). Oh and Robert is gonna LOVE section 3..as he won't have to worry about their computers *grins evilly*

Now Robert's recruiter was rude and didn't introduce himself, so allow me

True Name: Howard Dreck Legally Changed to Johnny V
                        Country of Origin: England
                        Nickname (if any): Techno
                        Powers: Can use his keyboard and gloves to mimic D&D style magic spells. He is a 'techno mage'
                        Ability : Hacking..etc basically if it can be done with a computer he can do it, he just can not FIX computers to save his life.
                        Weaknesses: Programming is time consuming, by the time he mimiced a simple first level spell, most of the time he would be dead. Given time to prepare or whatever, he is dangerous.
                        Description: Blond with spiked hair, tall average built (about 6'1"), blue eyes
                        Apparent age : 19
                        Real Age: 19
                        Last edited by Mytical; 03-16-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Oh and Robert is gonna LOVE section 3..as he won't have to worry about their computers *grins evilly*
                          He'll love them even more if they can help him get his abilities under control. That'll be the major part of his development, I think. Either learning fine control of his powers to better use them without risk, or finding technology that will let him to better control and restrict his EM field off without having to concentrate on it.

Also I'm probably going to establish him as a complete geek.

Comment

Multitasking in a post for the win lol. Sorry for the short replies, but seemed called at the time.

Comment

I'm starting to think "curiosity to the point of recklessness" might be being added to Rob's persona as I play this.

Comment

That is what character development is about..there is a reason the technomage was the one sent to recruit Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X