Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's too bad that Kate's not still at the base. Sam would totally want to show off and jump up and down like a little kid.

Sam's pretty proud of herself for managing a gryphon.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• She'll have to do it later ^__^
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Heh..um the crowd thing is one of the reasons I am most nervous about.

I know it will be boring, and totally offtopic..but here is the original story...

First background. In Everquest you started with just a first name..then anytime after level 20 you could get a second name. Mytical was an elven enchanter..good at crowd control..but that is digressing. At level 24..Enchanters could get an illusion - werewolf. I couldn't think of a second name when I got to level 20 .. so I put it off a bit. As luck would have it..the day after I got the illusion werewolf..Everquest had a Halloween special event. Werewolves and Jackolanterns in the Commons (one of the zones they had). So I sort of .. mixed things to come up with how 'Stormcrow' was born.

If I remember it is a long story..so I am going to go get some water and do an update first. Just in case you all want to stop me now .
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *gets popcorn for story time*

Comment

• Story time!
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I smell a werewolfy boy friend for Sam >.>

Comment

• Mytical's developing a harem ;P
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• ((Remember I modified the timeline to suit the background ..keep in mind that 20years x 4 seasons = 80 seasons))

I was both nervous and excited about tomorrow. It would be my naming day. It was a momentous occasion, my 80th season. It would take place in the West Commons, and most of my friends and family would be there.

I was cleaning out some rather large rats from a basement, for one of the local shopkeepers..when the bell sounded. The cryer came racing through the city, announcing that fell and foul beast were attacking the commons. I tossed aside the last rat, and set forth to check out what all the commotion was. I had not journeyed far when the first beast struck. It was all claws and fangs.

Gathering my wits, I sent out a stream of scintillating colors, dazing the beast. Quickly I casts my various protection spells, and readied for battle. Meanwhile I could see the beast. Half man and half wolf, all except the eyes, there was nothing there..the beast was mindless and perhaps even souless.

As much as I hated to admit it, I am no fighter..and the moment I struck the beast..it emerged from its dazed state. The two of usclashed in the moonlight, steal and magic against claw and teeth. The beast managed to pin me, and tried to snap at my face. I managed to deflect it, barely, but its teeth managed to graze my throat. Fate was kind to me that night, however, as my dagger sunk into its flesh..and it was still.

The rest of the night was rather uneventful, as I wised up and gathered a band to face the creatures. Not a single other scratch was landed on me. We had sent the creatures fleeing back to the darkness from which they came..and I thought that was the end of it.

The next day..due to the events of the previous night, the naming ceremony was postponed. I was disappointed, but understood. I had waited this long, what was a few more days? Besides I had yet to chose my 2nd name. Feeling adventurous I wandered into the West Commons, not noticing it getting dark, to see if any of the creatures were left. I was fully prepared this time, my spells at the ready..or at least I thought I was prepared. As the moon rose, a storm started to move in...and something started to boil in my blood. I could feel..something in me trying to get out. As if in answer, the storm intensified..almost as if the gods were angry. The pain was intense, and I could feel the beast within slowly taking me over..the storm worsened..the wind pushed me to my knees. Almost as if the storm was trying to destroy me, so whatever was inside me would not be set free. Lightning struck all around, the wind howled, and the rain worsened.

NO! This will not be! I fought against the storm, against the beast within, and against myself. Slowly I rose to one knee, the wind howled more fierce, as if to say "Stay down, and parish as you should." It almost succeeded in putting me back on both knees. I rose a bit more, now standing head bowed, the lightning missing me by mere inches, the beast in me raging for freedom.

"NO!" I yelled as I raised my head.."I am in control!" For a moment the storm and beast inside both reached their peak...both warring to destroy me..and both failing. I had won..barely. "Let it be known, to all..on this day Mytical has passed..and proclaim to the lands..that Mytical Stormcrow has been born!" with that final defiant primal scream..the storm subsided, and the beast inside me was quelled. I was master now, and I could take the form of a werewolf when and as I desired..keeping my wits and abilities about me.

((The end))
                  Last edited by Mytical; 06-25-2011, 04:27 AM.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Oooh. I like the background so far
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Funny thing is, besides the timing and the naming ceremony (there is no ceremony) it was pretty much true. Lol. Everquest was a bit .. odd. Anyhow, that is how I got the last name Stormcrow.

Well ok the last part is really really embellished..yes there was a bit of rain on the day I went to buy the scroll to memorize..but meh .. its a story
                      Last edited by Mytical; 06-25-2011, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• I'm noticing the odd. But still. Kewl backstory!
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Now, I have to thin out the list of NPC's sadly..so most of the current crew will be reassigned. Johnny, Quake, Frost, Blaze, and the feline will be going with Alexis to another base to train any new recruits. Alex will be staying for now..which means getting around is going to be a bit more challenging.

Comment

• Gryphon rides?

Comment

• You could carry one...maybe two (if they are small enough) but all of them? Not gonna happen lol.

Comment

• Every girl's dream!
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X