Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ack. Alright, I'll give you that much," she says with a light note in her voice.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "If you vere to ask me," Thelassa said almost as an afterthought, "I vould say zese 'Anti-Mutants' should be exterminated." All eyes were on her, it was one of the few times in their time together she had spoken without being spoken to. She paid them no notice, keeping her attention on the snake-like strand of water which had once been in her glass and now wrapped itself around her arm, swirling in a tight coil without ever getting close enough to touch her skin. She clenched her fist and the water dropped (mostly) back into the glass. She looked up at the everyone, her violet eyes like cold gems. "Vhy should others decide to take vhat is ours? Vhy should zey decide if ve live or die? Mr Alex is right. People are dying. Our people."
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Kate swallows slightly. "But that doesn't give us the right to kill them..." The near blank she gets from the other woman worries her.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda returns, "Dealt with decisively, at least. Some are even guilty of war-crimes, from the sounds of it. Which, for some of those would mean execution. I won't cry too much if we kill some of them though."
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "I don't think I'd want to kill anyone regardless. I always wonder about that in movies. How people get over it so easily. Seems like it'd be a lot harder to me. And besides, the only thing I can do that's really good for attacking is the lightning, and I still can't get that to go where I aim it. It just jumps to the nearest conductors and grounds."
            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• "And violence just begets more violence. Hurting people tend to hurt others. That shouldn't be what we encourage."
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda smirks. "Depending on what's around, I could make you some conductors." She pauses for a second. Kate picks up tentativeness. "And it's different when you're in the moment, but yeah, afterward... I never got how they couldn't be at least slightly bothered."
                EDIT: Ananda doesn't want to get into a debate right now, so Kate would only pick up the thought of, "Violence is a cycle, yes, but when has only having a shield eliminated a threat or won conflicts? ... unless it was taken out of the violence context, like with democracies..." she may or may not want to stay in her head for the self-debate on social systems and responsibilities that follow, like theocracies vs democracies vs you get the idea.
                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-18-2011, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                  I won't cry too much if we kill some of them though."
                  ((She briefly regarded Ananda with a slight sparkle of humor in her eyes. She hadn't expected a comment like that from her. But it was gone as quickly as it had appeared.))

"Killing is not a right," she said, shrugging after a few minutes of silence. "It is means to an end. Zhere is no sin in killing vhen you are fighting a var. And zhey have most certainly declared var on us. If you are vanting to not be killing, zhen you are velcome to try zis. But result is same either vay. You are making a stand."
                  Last edited by Kara; 03-18-2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• "If it's all the same to everyone else, I'll try and stick to stopping the bullets. Someone else can provide the return fire."
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Ananda makes a satisfied nod, a short nod, in agreement with Thelassa.
                      EDIT: "And besides. It's not like we have to kill any of them personally. As far as we know. Yet."
                      Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-18-2011, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Kate stands up and puts the knitting mess aside. "I think I need some scissors to get that thing undone..."

((still hard for her to pull away when in close proximity, especially with familiar people. so. excuse!))
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "It makes no difference. Kill, do not kill. Point is made, regardless. I am not thinking ve should have to be reminded zis is not a movie. I have seen death. It has surrounded me."

((For Kate: A sudden flash of sorrow))

"Now I am not being bothered. You vill perhaps understand. Vhen someone is trying to take your life, do you possess vill to live strong enough to stop zhem? Vill you let zis person take away your life, or are you trying to take theirs to preserve self? Miss Ananda should understand zhis already."

Comment

• Ananda blinks in surprise-- "Wow." She leans over to study it more closely once Kate's put it down, unwilling to touch the Spaghetti Monster-like mess.
                            She's pointedly not responding to Thelassa's comments, as it makes her feel somewhere between uncomfortable, irritated, and just plain aggravated, for complicated philosophical reasons, although she is interested to hear more about the woman.
                            Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-18-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Kate nearly stumbles at that brief flash and glances back as she walks towards the wing where their rooms are.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Alex looks around as if coming out of a haze, he had been deep in thought. "If we act like the ones who are out to kill us, how are we any better? We would move them, protect them, and disarm the enemy..but kill only in the absolute last resort. Is it fair? No, but we have to show that we are better then that, that we are not the monsters they paint us to be."

He walks over to Quake. "How easy do you think it would be for somebody like our friend here to hurt somebody? Wait..let me answer that..Johnny V..if you please."

Johnny nods and sets down with his computer...the room changes to a arena like area, with a dirt floor..whoever was in the room still realizes that the room is the training room, so they must have been transported somehow.

Alex looks at Quake. "Quake, show them why you are called Quake."

Quake nods, goes to the center of the room, and with all his might hits the ground. With his dense mass the effect is immediate..the ground ripples...then becomes a rolling mass, then tears the ground apart heaving pieces everywhere.

Even at the safe distance the group is, they can feel the ground moving under their feet.

"Now they have weapons that can make him his old self..but the question is..would they get a chance to use them? Imagine if it was a person, and not the ground which he hit..." Alex goes over gives Quake a pat on the back..and Quake smiles wide.

"Alexis is twice as strong. No what we need to do is recover those weapons so we can study it..and make a counter for it. Maybe then they would realize that it is not worth the effort."
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X