• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate flushes. "But...it isn't right to do that to somebody."
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Thelassa threw her an irritated glare. "Is it right, zhen, to sit back and let zhem kill us? Kill zhose like us? Vhen ve have power to stop zhem? Vat did you really think you vere training for?"
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Ananda feels a flash of what could be best described as self-pity, then says, "I'm not going to tell you to do something you thing is absolutely wrong, but it's not right for anybody to start shit by hurting people and making weapons to deprive people of what they can do so that they can die easier when the people who started shit decide to kill anyone who's different. I won't lie, I think jumping in like this is stupid, but if we have plans, coordination, and backup, even if things go horribly wrong, we'll all be back at the end of the day, alive."
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Alex sits next to Kate and nods. "I know, believe me I know. I wrestle with my ability every day. As I drain more power, my range grows, I could theoretically drain every mutant on the planet. Is it right? I don't know." he turns to Johnny "Leave her be."

Johnny shakes his head. "Sorry bossman, you know I would die for you, but this has to be said. Do you think the AML would care if they could do the same to you, to us? You would be protecting them, saving their life possibly, protecting us, maybe stopping them from hurting us. You don't have to go, Alex is the boss..and that is what he says. Can you sleep tonight if you don't? If you could have prevented one of their deaths, or one of ours..would you ever be able to sleep again?"
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• She gives Johnny a stricken look. "I...I don't know."
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "I do. You wouldn't. I've been there, and I made the wrong choice. I could have prevented people from being hurt..and I did nothing. You don't sleep after that." he turns around. "It's your decision" he walks away.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ananda turns an eye to Johnny. "I think she thinks about that sort of thing, man." The tone of, 'quit being a dick,' is in her voice, and she doesn't outright say it because she knows he has a point, and doesn't know Kate as well as she does. "She also knows that if someone dies and she's around, it'd feel like she was dying too. How would you deal with that? Your own death?" ((Sorry, I meant to post that before Kate started talking))
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Johnny turns around, and for just a second a strong sense of anger would flood Kate. "Sometimes, you wish you were the one who died." as quickly as the anger come, sorry replaced it before he said what was first on his mind. He just walks out of the room.

Comment

• She drops her gaze to her lap, twisting her fingers a bit.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Alex looks at everybody else. "Enough. It is her decision, we will respect that. Is that clear?"

Comment

• "Enough vith zhis meaningless arguing!" Thelassa demanded, and a harsh wind gusted from her direction for a few seconds. "Ve argue about vhen is right to kill, who has right to kill? In meantime our enemy is killing. Zhey have already decided. Death is part of life. Is fact. Does not change vhat is happening outside. Only ve can change zhat, no?" She closed her eyes and turned away from everyone. "Zhere are vorse things zhan death. If you have seen zhem, you vould understand. Either vay, is pointless to argue. If you don't vant to fight, so be it. Do not be standing in vay of zhose of us who vill fight."
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• "I don't think she's to that stage yet, Thelassa," she says, while nodding at Alex's decision, saying, "Yessir."
                          ((note: Ananda usually uses Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am when responding to direct, authoritative stuff like Alex is using right now. So I swear that sounds less stilted than it does here.))

Comment

• David mutters, more for himself than for anybody else: "It's not like I have a whole lot to live for back home", then speaking out loud: "I don't know where I can be most useful, but I'll do whatever I can. Johnny, you're good with technology, could you make me some gadget to figure out the natural resonance frequency of stuff to help me break it easier, and then something so I can actually aim where my voice goes, then I wouldn't have to put as much power behind it for the same effect."
                            Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

• Alex relays the request to Johnny (who had walked out of the room)..Johnny comes back in and does some considering. "I think I have just the thing, but you will have to wing it for now, because this is not something I can make overnight..and I think the bossman wants to do this as soon as possible..before they are ready for a retaliation."

Comment

• ((sorry for some reason I missed the line where Johnny walked out, but I saw it just now))

"You're right. After all, 'peace means reloading your guns', as one of my idols once said. So we should strike before they're done with that. And I guess I'll be fine without extra tools. I can improvise."

((Yes, I'm ripping stuff off Dimmu Borgir again ))
                                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                                X