Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (David starts preparing for the effort by doing breathing exercises and softly going up and down his range, effectively sweeping the entire audible range, pausing to speak)

"Speaking of being prepared, I can hold a note for a long time but I do have my limits, I'll hold it as long as I can but when it stops, I'll be out of breath so mostly helpless. Kat, I guess you'll be able to look at me to see when I stop even if you can't hear it, then you should try to get us out of the way."
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

• Quake scratches his head. "What mean lady when she say..I could either make it so it won't hurt as bad, or I can actually be a front-man, like David here."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• ((somehow, I picture Quake as being able to mimic and/or repeat things very very well-- but actually getting it? not so much... poor Quakie.))
        Ananda explains, not looking sheepish or put out at all. "I can do stuff that mitigates-- uh, makes whatever they shoot at us hurt less or not even get to the shooting point-- like blowing up some of their guns. ... Or some of them. Or, I could do stuff like collapse in the roof-- or try to, not sure if I can. I know I can help with outright damage, like igniting some gas tanks. Make a bigger show of things, in general."
        ((she used the smaller word 'cuz she thought everyone else got her... which they probably didn't, lol))
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "I think if I try and project my EM as far as I can, I should make any sort of radio communications difficult for them. Other than that, I should probably mainly be covering anyone they fire at. The anti-mutant gun likely won't be stopped by my shields, but I can definitely handle normal ammunition."
          Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM. Reason: noticed a typo
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• ((Pretty much that sums up Quake, to think he used to be in Mensa before the transformation))

Alex thinks. "You know that is not a bad idea. Vox, aim for their weapons, everybody else..make sure you try to take out any weapons FIRST. Between that and the shield by Rob, I think we will be fine."
            Last edited by Mytical; 03-21-2011, 05:50 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ananda perks up. "That's it! I can try for the anti-mutan gun thingies! Or at least try to peg whoever's closest to getting someone!" She slaps Rob on the back, but not painfully. "Good idea! I'll do that."
              ((EDIT: really? ;____; Poor Quake.))
              ANother edit: Ananda's train of thought: just because it chokes off mutant power doesn't mean it itself resists mutant powers. As far as she knows.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Alex, I was actually thinking I could just be a very obvious, very fast-moving target for them to chase, which would possibly tire them down, I don't think I can do much in the way of damage right now. Once I get the toys I asked Johnny to make, however..."
                Last edited by taurinejunkie; 03-21-2011, 05:51 AM.
                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

• Sam glances around at the small stealth team. Taking a deep breath, she looks to Kit, or was it Kat and whispers "No harassing the jerboa."

She changed quickly and started hopping out over the sand like a mini kangaroo. A few hops and then stop and look around. She nonchalently kept an eye on the guards, but then again who would suspect a small rat-thing of espionage?
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kate bites her lip as Sam goes off, the conversation from the distraction team taking a position as background noise. She suppose this is as good as any time to see how far her powers go...but Sam's smaller form and just different form make it difficult. Those nearest her are also getting a touch of nervous feedback from her since she's concentrating more on following Sam.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Alex nodded to Vox "Works for me." He turns to Alexis.."It's time. Everybody get ready..and start out staying behind us."

Alexis and Alex stand..and slap their chest. Suddenly their clothing starts changing. They are wearing a suit from head to foot, white with a black starburst on their chest. The suits make them identical, at least to visual inspection. They also both now stand about 6'0".

One of them picks up a large boulder and launches it toward the soldiers effortlessly. The other lets out a battle yell, and charges.

At first the rest of the 'trainers' are kind of startled, not expecting this, but within no time they all let out a large yell and charge as well. Except Kat who stays back to teleport Vox.

Comment

• Sam stopped and sniffed the air. Something seemed 'off' to her. The guards were running off away from them. She turned back to where the rest of her team was hiding and jumped up and down quickly to signal them, then turned into a ibis to scout the building from the air.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Charging out with the rest of the distraction group, side arm out and ready to shoot whatever opponent got in view first, Ananda considered further, trying to put out of mind those fascinating suits--
                          She figured the easiest thing to do would be to see what the guns used for energy by using the equivalent of a rough squeeze with her power to where it looked like there was an energy pack of some sort-- enough to destabilize it. If it was electrical, the electricity would arc out; if it was battery operated (o.O) whatever was in the battery would react violently, unless it was a bizarre type, but even lithium and acids reacted. If was gunpowder, which she doubted, by the strange design, then it'd just backfire, discharging inside the gun. All this would certainly disarm whoever was using it, hopefully taking them out of the fight. ... Hopefully dying rather than rolling around on the ground screaming or left alive and functioning to try again to kill them.
                          And, push coming to shove... she could either try to fight physically or just try to turn the air in their lungs to something less breathable.
                          ((note: her poking or jabbing at things with her power without her knowing anything about it is somewhat comparable to taking a pipe wrench to the middle of a fire door, instead of the lock. Its' effectiveness is lessened, because the purpose isn't as defined, nor is its' action. With this, she's just throwing a lot at it. I'd have to say roughly a fifth of what she can do in a given energy allotment/'day.' But this is important. I now leave it up to Mytical to decide what happens. ))
                          Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-22-2011, 03:18 AM. Reason: suit comment, duh

Comment

• Rob immediately starts levitating, trying to keep just behind those two but ahead of the rest, so he can best direct his shields.
                            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• As the place empties out, and the stealth team takes the opportunity to go in..they do not encounter much resistance, in fact it seems that every last person has went outside to check on whatever is happening.

Which gives the vibe of 'this is a little TOO easy'. The first thing they see on the inside, is a vat with a person floating in it, apparently in some sort of suspended animation. Big red and yellow signs almost shout "Danger/Caustion/Do not Open" including the big red door with a yellow stripe running completely around the frame. There are several other objects in the room. Something that resembles land mines, gas canisters, some of the odd looking weapons..and a rather large armored vehicle. Which sounds like it is powering up. There is something that resembles a satellite dish on top of the armored vehicle.

The vat has a plaque on it that says Project 2.
                              Last edited by Mytical; 04-17-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Kate wanders up to the vat, touching the glass lightly.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X