Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Kit is going to be taking Johnny and Kat to recover for a bit (then returning) she volunteers to teleport you back to the base. Only a few are actually needed here, and once Kat and Johnny have recovered they can start transporting various things back to HQ also.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Kate helps take Johnny and Kat to the nursing area and makes sure they're comfortable and such before retreating to a quiet corner. She's bracing herself for whoever decides to yell at her first. So lots of trepidation in the area immediately around her.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam, still in a grizzly suit, lumbers over at sits next to Kate, hoping to make her feel better.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kate buries her head in the fuzziness, just letting the scared, upset, hurt feelings flow out. There may or may not be tears involved.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Hrmmmmm" Kate tried to rumble soothingly.

Comment

• ((I will edit if anybody has something specific left to do at the enemy base))

A couple of days have passed, Alex has been locked in his lab examining everything. All those that were hit with the anti-mutant bolts of energy are back to full strength. Things have been very quiet on the news front also. Finally Alex emerges and divulges the following.

Apparently the anti-mutant weapons come in four varieties. Energy from the guns, a liquid from the mine like devices, a gas..and finally something akin to an EMP device. The armored vehicle had one of those attached to it. If it had entered the fight, it would have been a bad thing. Alex and Alexis seem to be immune for some reason. Though in Alex's case it is a moot point, because without somebody's power to absorb he is basically normal anyhow.

The anti-mutant weapon does not negate mutant abilities, rather it makes mutants temporarily immune to their own powers, preventing their use..since the mutants ability usually is what causes any physical changes..it also reverses such changes.

However, that is not all that is discovered.

The attacks from the Anti-Mutant League are in fact a decoy. They have already successfully taken over several governments. They are looking for more of a project called Project Double X. In 1938 20 volunteers DNA was manipulated trying to create 'super soldiers'. It succeeded, but the political climate changed and the subjects were put into suspended animation, buried deep within the earth in several places, and promptly forgotten about.

Apparently this group of 20 people were the first 'mutants', with there DNA and some testing..the Anti-Mutant League believe that can permanently reverse the mutant transformation, turning all mutants back into humans. So far they have 13, and have been unsuccessful, but they are still searching for the remaining 7.

The place in Africa is a staging area for several of the operations looking for the remaining seven, which they believe 5 of the 7 are near that area.

Alex thinks it is a bad idea to let them get a hold of all 20. What he is confused about, however, is why Alexander has yet to make a move. Since he and Alexis are immune to the weapons, it stands to reason Alexander would be also, and probably already be aware of this. With all the deaths and mayhem, he could already have a large army of undead..IF he has found a way to overcome the limitation of how many he can raise.

The only thing Alex can figure is, is that Alexander is bluffing..and has not yet overcome this limitation. So...

"It seems we may be on our own, that we might be facing innocents..and armies. They have weapons that can hurt even the most powerful of us, and vastly out number us. If we don't stop this, however, nobody will. If you want to leave..if you don't want to fight..I will understand. We must try not to hurt them when possible, so we will also be fighting with a handicap. Together, I think we can overcome anything. In time we might even be able to find a way to use my immunity, or Alexis', to provide temporary .. or even permanent immunity to their weapons. So..those who wish to stay..stay. Those who wish to go..go."

He turns to Kate "We think that person you rescued may be able to help you find the missing ones...by freeing him you might have saved all of our lives. IF we can get a hold of them and figure out WHERE the others are. He seems to somehow be connected to you. It is a lot to ask..but will you try to contact him?"
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I...I can try. But he didn't seem to want to be contacted..." She's taking a few shaky breaths as preparation to sending a probing emotion towards the small area of quiet she still feels in the back of her head.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• ((Ok literally time will stand still for the rest of the group..ie only a fraction of a second will pass for everybody else, regardless of Kate's perception of how much time passes))

Almost immediately there is a response, and almost immediately Kate knows it is NOT the being that talked to her last time. A sneering mental voice answers. "Ah the little scared girl that awoke us from our slumber. What do you want little girl?" The last said with both anger and contempt. "Don't bother answering that, I can read you like an open book. Do you really want to know little girl? Then I will show you!"

Images flood into Kate's mind. It is painful, sudden, and without remorse. All of the other 19. There is more however. She is not shown who, but she knows one of the group in the headquarters will betray the group. She is shown another (again not who) dying a horrible death. It is revealed to her that each person ((the player's characters)) will play a very important part in SOMETHING, but not what. Finally she is shown three people she has never seen before (but just their faces).

"Now I have some messages for you, do not fail to deliver them. Tell the one called Samantha not all animals can be trusted. Tell Thelassa that she was not the only one, and the other is coming for her. Tell Rob that not all is as it seems in the sandbox. Tell Ananda all that glitters is not gold. The others will wait for their message."

Comment

• By the time all of that ends, she shrieks, sinking to the floor in a daze from the raw anger and sheer amount of info.

((She'll remember it. Just overload.))
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• As soon as they realize what is going on, several of the other section 3 members are by Kate's side. "I don't understand, what just happened?!" asks a panicked Kit.

"Don't know, she was fine one second and passed out the next..give her room" answers Blaze. Several worried people give her room, though Johnny does go get a couple of pillows. They don't want to move her too much for now.

Comment

• In due course, Johnny V returns carrying pillows for the fallen Kate, but he doesn't come alone. A Section 3 member that the more recent recruits might not have met before follows the "technomage," carrying a blanket.

A sure sign that he was a mutant as well would have been the way he was walking on the ceiling.

Daniel Dele adjusted his glasses, peering "up" at the group on the floor, and then gives Alex a level stare. "What exactly did you have her try to do, boss man?" he asks, clearly irritated that Section 3's leader had pushed someone to the point of unconsciousness.

He drops the blanket, which responds to normal gravity and falls into Kit's arms. Dele himself moves off to the side, then starts to fall toward the floor. Those standing near the place where he was dropping might have felt a moment of vague unbalance as their inner ears tried to adapt to sudden changes in gravity. Dele turned over in midair and landed on his feet as though he were as light as a feather.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• With a bark, a wolf pushes past the others to sit next to Kate. She lies down and whines softly.

Comment

• What feels like forever passes in her head, although it's only a few minutes before she's blinking and groaning at the bright light above her. Kate cringes back as several voices ask, "Are you alright?"

"I...I think so." She paused as she took in the position she was in. "How'd I get on the floor?"
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Dele, in full-on deadpan snarker mode, looked from Kate to Alex. "I wonder." He didn't know the girl-- having been elsewhere in the complex when the new recruits were brought in and trained-- but he had seen other mutants like her driven to the point of unconsciousness while training or testing their powers.

If Kate could see it, she might even note that Dele himself was one such mutant on at least one occasion.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Sam sat down on her haunches next to Kate, glancing around at the group, wondering just who put her up to straining herself to exhaustion.

Comment

Working...
                                X