Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems the floating effect is over the hole itself. As Alexis arm crosses the hole, it starts being lifted up, but as your hand leaves the section of the hole it no longer feels like it is being pushed upwards. Rob notices that the sand over the tile has started to drift upward as well.
    Last edited by Mytical; 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Okay then. He's going to try and see if he can pull whatever it is out of the hole.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• It won't budge. It is solid whatever it is. Again, the image appears on the tile, and again it floats up to the ceiling. By now, all areas besides this tile are up to your knees in sand. This one single tile is clear however, as all the sand that try to rest on it flows upward. ((I am assuming you lean down with both arms to grab whatever it is))

You start floating UP, it is gradual at first, but more force seems to apply the longer something is over the section.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Then he's going to pull Alexis on with him and see what this thing does. He's hoping for mysteriously passing through the ceiling, but will take just getting above the sand if that's what it gives him.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Sam looks over at Kate. "Yeah that's an arctic animal. Really not suited for the heat and humidity here." She stepped closer to examine the statue.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
              Island with no name
              Apparently there is some miscalculation with the portal and you end up inside a military style warehouse. Several empty 'pod' holders (bolted to the floor) are inside. One, however, still holds a pod, and there is a person inside the pod. Signs that people (as well as machines) have been here recently are evident. No sign of anybody currently besides the person inside the pod. She is eerily beautiful, light greenish skin with dark greenish hair. The only 'covering' she has is oddly placed vines and leaves.
              Daniel Dele - currently: On the Island With No Name
              Dele had taken the time before "deployment" to change up his attire slightly, wearing a kind of hard-point armor that offered some better protection to his joints. He shakes his head as he looks around the warehouse. "I'll kick my own ass if this turns out to be anything like Lost. If some weird-ass smoke monster shows up, I'm outta here."

He frowns as he sees something. "Wait. That pod there..." He cautiously approaches it, keeping his (baseline normal) senses tuned, his powers poised to drop at least three-gs on anything that tried to spook him. Anyone close enough to him would feel a vague sort of downward pressure, but nothing that would hinder them. It was just a sign that Section 3's resident gravitonic force was on edge.

Dele tilts his head at the green woman in the pod. "...just gonna hazard a guess here, but I'm supposing that her powers are plant oriented, but then, I'm pointing out the obvious." He glances back at his fellows. "What's the plan?"
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Thelassa watched Blaze without interest at first. Something inside the ice? That was impossible. She didn't know much about hockey, but she was sure the ice could only be an inch deep or so, before the floor underneath would be exposed. So it wasn't like-

She quickly changed her mind as Blaze turned up the heat. This was obviously not a normal hockey rink. There was definitely something down there.
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Ananda, still searching the dark(er) corners of the obviously inhabited (but not occupied by anyone conscious, hopefully) warehouse, replies, "Well... Kate let that one dude out without so much as a how-do-you-do, really... so... let her out, I guess? I'd rather take her and the pod back, with her in it, you know?"
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• In response to Ananda's comment, Dele shoots her a look. "Yeah, she let out some uber-powerful mutant with a split personality and nasty telepathic powers. He seemed harmless enough, but how do we know that Poison Ivy here is gonna be friendly?"

He squints at the pod and then closes his eyes a bit, stretching out his fingers subtly. "Pod's pretty damn heavy," he notes. "Not so heavy I couldn't negate its weight, but I'm just saying, I could move it with some effort."
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Ananda turns back to Daniel, and nods. "Whisper and I can help, move it while you levitate, while Johnny sets up the return portal." She looks over to Johnny and Whisper for their thoughts.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
                        Sam looks over at Kate. "Yeah that's an arctic animal. Really not suited for the heat and humidity here." She stepped closer to examine the statue.
                        "Then why would it be here?"
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Daniel & Ananda
                          Johnny shrugs. "I think it might be a good idea to not just go waking these people up. They might not be hostile, they might be. I'd rather take a moment and set up a spell to help us move this thing then open it up."

Whisper nods and agrees.

Sam/Kate/Et al
                          As the statue is approached..a small grinding sound can be heard. Little small holes open all over it.

Canada
                          It indeed is seeming to take a bit for the fire to bore a hole, much longer then it should. Suddenly the goal 'siren' (the little light some have that signal a goal) light up and several doors open. Several dozen people all wearing hockey outfits start pouring out of the doors. You notice some are carrying weird backpacks that look like it they are filled with a green liquid.

Giza...
                          Indeed you and Alexis float safely up and out of the roof, the part above the tile is also either an illusion or something. Your powers start returning, and you pick up that there are much fewer people and machines around...
                          Last edited by Mytical; 04-06-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Dele nods to Johnny and Whisper. "Glad to hear it. Let's see about unbolting this pod, then I'll be able to zero-g it."

There's a pause, and then he says, "Anybody got any power tools or something to help unbolt it?"

Comment

• Johnny laughs. "Come on not even a challenge." he opens the computer, types a few things and a large tool box teleports in. "I am the handy man of Section 3...got to keep tools handy. A simple spell to fetch items is easy."

Comment

• "Sam...might want to move..." Kate's backing up.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X