Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dele gives one last nod (and even a bow) to Gaia before he heads through the portal Johnny provided to get back to HQ.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• ((Ok unless somebody specifies different, going to assume everybody but the ones in Giza are back at Headquarters..including Kit and Kat, though we don't yet know what happened during their journey ))

Alex seems a bit relieved. "If the information we have is correct, this is all we need. They can not finish the formula without all twenty. I'd like us all to explain what happened when we got to our destinations. Choose a spokes person, and fill us in."

((Going to assume this is quickly accomplished, so everybody is pretty much aware of what happened with each others assignments))

Kit nods "Ours was dull. Somebody must have made it there before we did..found an empty chamber. The pod was missing. Good thing it was us that went though..was completely surrounded by sealed titanium metal with no way in. We had to teleport in blind..which is never fun."

Kat quickly adds "Which bothers me. How did the AML get in? Aren't they anti-mutant?"

"There is not only the AML to deal with, there is Alexander. Although he doesn't have any teleporting powers, we don't know if he has allied himself with others..or what powers those others might have either." Alex notes.

Johnny sighs "Which brings us to the current problem. Alexander has finally started to make his move..and it is a big one. While everybody was away..this appeared on the news." she clicks 'play' on a remote and a holographic news report starts.

"Shanghai China is in the grip of panic and fear as the dead have started to walk the street. There are also reports of mutants working side by side with these undead to take over the city."

Pausing the news Johnny notes. "Shanghai is one of the most populated cities in the world. If it is true our brother has overcome his limitation, in no time at all..he will have a near unstoppable army. One that doesn't know fatigue or fear. One that does not need to eat, drink, or rest. Add to that whatever mutants have decided to help him..we have little time to rest."
      Last edited by Mytical; 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• She opened her eyes and blinked at the blinding white light flooding her view. What happened? Where was she? She remembered the fight at the hockey rink. Blaze and Frost had lost their powers, that.... that stranger. The one who called her "little sister."

Wait. That sound. Monitors humming and beeping. There were wires attached to her. The lab. No, that was impossible.

Thelassa bolted upright in the bed, and gasped as pain exploded in her chest. She glanced around the room. The equipment was familiar, she was in the Infirmary at HQ. She sighed and swung her legs over the side of the bed, pulling cords off herself as she did. She held her breath and pulled the IV needle out of her hand. It wasn't the first time she'd done that, but it was still unpleasant. She walked, unsteadily at first, to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, tossing her hospital-style gown off as she did. She looked at herself, the innumerable scars that covered most of her body. There were fine, precise lines (cuts from sharp objects), jagged, rough cuts (dull and blunt objects), discolored splotches (burns from every source - fire, chemical, electricity, though some of the electrical burns she had accidentally caused herself), and a few small circles (bullet wounds). She touched the area just below her collerbone and winced in pain. It was covered with gauze and surgical tape (likewise an area on the back of her shoulder), but eventually it would be just another scar.

She searched the cabinets in the room and found a plain white tank top and a pair of white shorts. Hardly her preferred style; she frowned at her reflection as she noticed several of the scars on her upper body and legs were very visible in the simple outfit, but it would do until she got back to her quarters.

The Witch left the hospital wing in search of any of the others. One nurse had protested her leaving, but she shot her a glare that shut her up and headed towards the Commons area. If anyone was back yet (she honestly didn't know how much time had passed since she blacked out), they would probably be there. She wanted to know what happened with the others (she reminded herself that she wasn't concerned for them, she just wanted information). She also wanted to make sure Blaze and Frost had managed to get the damn pod, for all the trouble it caused them getting to it.

She heard voices and quickened her pace (as much as her body would allow) toward them. Finally she entered the room in time to see Alexis play the hologram news report. Sounded like she had missed the debriefing, and now there was a new mission. Beautiful.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Sam perked her ears as she noticed someone enter the room. She whined softly, happy to see that the so called "witch" was alright.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Dele gave a brief summary of his team's trip to "the island from Lost" ("There was a warehouse there, but all of the pods except one were missing. The woman in there identified herself as 'One' or 'Gaia' and she can control pretty much anything living, but is forced to remain neutral. Oh, and she also told us what the rest of the Twenty from Project Double-X could do, and some of them seem pretty fucking dangerous, especially Mister Twenty, who can steal the powers from dying mutants.") (He also summarized what the rest of the Twenty could do, but in the interest of saving time and effort, dear reader, we'll skip over this.)

After finishing that, Dele listens to the reports coming out of Shanghai. He frowns a bit. "It's true that an undead army doesn't get tired or have to stop to eat or anything, but even with the whole lack of fatigue thing, I can't imagine zombies can move if I slam 'em to the ground under 10g's of gravity. Hell, at 10g's, it just might reduce them to paste."

He pauses for a moment, then amends, "Granted, that'll only work against the zombies that get within twenty feet of me, and we know that Alexander has other mutants working with him. They might have powers that can work at a longer range, which... yeah, kinda makes things difficult."

He doesn't add the lingering concern he had after learning about 'Mister Twenty.' What if Twenty could steal Alexander's power?

Yeah, Dele reasons to himself, I'm gonna have nightmares about this.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Alex nodded and noted. "There might also be people who have died of natural causes in this .. army. They would be near impossible to tell from the living if Alexander has direct control of them..so unless you plan on making paste of anybody just to be on the safe side..that might be an issue as well."

Johnny gets agitated. "Every moment we stand here discussing he adds to his ever growing army." She opens up a small room with a couple of modified suits. "For those who do not have very many direct combat powers. It will help protect them. Suit up, we move as soon as we can."

Alex pauses. "If any feel that this is too dangerous for them, please don't feel you have to go. We will understand if you choose to remain behind."
              Last edited by Mytical; 04-20-2011, 09:57 PM.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Thelassa made a fist with her right hand. Her wound hurt, but she'd had worse. Apparently, even if resting hadn't been her choice, it had done well for her. She felt her body attuned to the air around her, felt the flow of the moisture and static in that air. It felt normal, her energies were refreshed.

She stepped forward, saying, "I am not having problem to be making.... zombie paste." She eyed the suits, actually feeling grateful for the chance to have better protection after the last mission.
                Last edited by Kara; 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Dele grimaces as Alex points out another wrinkle he hadn't considered with 'Xander's Zombies (a nickname he was already using in his head for this undead army because of A-- alliteration, and B-- with Alex and Alexis already, another 'Alex' name was confusing). Yeah, some of Xander's Zombies might be indistinguishable from the living if it was done right.

"Great," he notes. "So I'll just have to up the g's until they can't move, rather than goo-ify them."

He then goes to change into a proper Section 3 suit like Gemini's, nodding as it provides hard-point protection like the one he'd been wearing to the 'Lost island.' As he dons it, he adjusts it to fit, and then the suit changes its appearance. The hard-point protection is enhanced just slightly, while its coloration adjusts to a sort of urban-camouflage gray with traces of blue.

"I really need to come up with some sort of cool nickname for myself," he opines as he adjusts the gloves of the suit. "Though it is kind of fun to introduce myself to AML-types with 'Hi, I'm Daniel Dele, and I make gravity my bitch.'"

Comment

• Kate shakes her head. "I'm just going to sit this one out."
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• The Witch walked out of the suit room. Her outfit looked more like a robe, similar to the old-style Gypsy clothes she always wore, only looking more like it was made of black leather with crimson trim. She looked like... well, a witch.

"Oh, yes," she snapped at Kate, "is good idea. You vould be completely of no use in coming mission. Is not like you are being the only vone here who can be telling difference betveen living and dead. Is best you are staying here vhile ve are having to take our chances."

((Feelings: She isn't saying this out of anger, it's..... disappointment?))
                      Last edited by Kara; 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• ((Kate is getting so much guilt trip here. *snerk* Oh well.))

Kate jerks back as if she were just slapped. "How hard could it be? Zombies shamble around and stuff, right? I'm useless in a fight."
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam walked over and sat next to Kate. "If you want to stay, then I will too."
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kate gives her a small smile. "Thanks."
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Dele glances at Kate. "Yeah, don't feel bad 'cos your power doesn't seem very combat-oriented. Took me a lot of practice before I could use my powers to augment hand-to-hand fighting, and even then, it takes a lot of concentration on my part. S'why I tend to just grav 'em in place and let the heavy-hitters do the smashing."

He pauses. "I'm thinkin' about Lagrange as a handle. It sounds like an actual name, which fits for a pseudo, and it doubles as an obscure gravitonic reference."

Off any puzzled looks, he clarifies: "As in Lagrangian points? The five points at which a small object affected only by gravity can be theoretically stationary relative to two larger objects?"

Pause.

"...yeah, I read up on gravitonic research and whatnot, and Lagrange's name came up a lot." He coughs.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                                "Shanghai China is in the grip of panic and fear as the dead have started to walk the street. There are also reports of mutants working side by side with these undead to take over the city."

Pausing the news Johnny notes. "Shanghai is one of the most populated cities in the world. If it is true our brother has overcome his limitation, in no time at all..he will have a near unstoppable army. One that doesn't know fatigue or fear. One that does not need to eat, drink, or rest. Add to that whatever mutants have decided to help him..we have little time to rest."
                                Crap. CRAP. This is bad. And those aren't even the real problem, just a symptom. What the hell were they going to do when they got there? Unless they could take out the Boss, then the zombies'd keep coming...
                                She couldn't get those thoughts out of her mind, as she poked and explored their new uniforms, the suits-- she decided that dressing like a local, complete with facemask and everything, would be cool-- and disguise for later missions, looking like a near-hobo-- no... she'd go for it. What she had planned with the blue and the white...
                                And wait. Wasn't Thelassa supposed to be down? Bitch. She settled for a glare, and said, "There's always shotguns, but it's pretty gross. I think Alex said that these guys are well and truly dead, so it's not like you'd get hurt hurting them."

(Ananda would totally get the Lagrange point thing-- she'd laugh when you suggest it, and say it was awesome, and Daniel would be explaining shortly thereafter, )
                                "Yeah, there isn't much that doesn't sound wrong, stupid, or isn't already someone else's name, is there, Dele?" She grins.
                                EDIT:
                                Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                                I think I have a good name and style :3
                                Codename: Infinity (or some variation thereof...)
                                Look: when not in 'shit's officially being thrown' gear (that'd be body armor and camo of an appropriate type), but rather in "we are being a team, in an official capacity, this is like a police officer or military secretary uniform," she'd wear blue, from really pale (near her feet) to really deep (near her face)-- she's still working on what material she wants it out of, mostly 'cuz she doesn't know the full extent of the goodies available, what she can do with them, or if her own powers would work with or against choices.
                                But Infinity. Much cooler than Wild Card. Also, more mysterious.
                                EDIT: also less like a card shark. XD
                                This instead of the hobo. I think it's the "BE AWESOME." attitude rubbing off from the other game.
                                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 04-21-2011, 08:22 PM.
                                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                                X