This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giza
    Rob and Alexis search through the pyramid, after securing the one person left. Nothing remains of interest besides the EMP like anti-mutant devices. Since there is no other danger, turning them off is easy. They contact for a 'ride', get teleported to HQ..where they are caught up with the latest.

Alex adds "Well I really would like some others to stay with Kate and Samantha. Frost? Blaze? Would you be so kind?" they nod. "Good I do not like the thought of them being here alone. Though I don't think anything will bother the headquarters..better safe then sorry. Me and Alexis have to also go on this one. We don't know what type of mutants our brother might be in league with."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• After everybody is situated, Johnny opens a portal, and those not staying step through the portal.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Thelassa walked towards the portal. As she did, a feeling of light-headedness hit, and she wavered for a moment, catching herself before she would have fallen down.

"Derʹmo!" she cursed. She thought she could manage the pain of her healing wounds. But in her haste to see what her powers did against the undead, she hadn't thought about the pain-killing drugs still in her system. She considered going anyway, but after last time...

She decided she didn't want to be a liability. Being carried back to HQ once was one time too many. Muttering several phrases in Russian that would make a sailor blush, she stepped away from the portal, being sure not to look at anyone.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Dele/Lagrange looks from the portal to Thelassa. "Don't feel bad. If you don't feel up to it, you're not up to it. We'll manage," he assures her, even if he knows it probably won't assuage her frustration.

With that, the gravity-manipulator pops his neck and steps through the portal, his powers primed and ready to grav any threats to the ground the moment they materialized.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Ananda snaps out of her paranoid introspection and moves quickly after her newer team member.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• ((Gonna assume Rob is still at headquarters..until told otherwise))

As the group stepped through the portal, they stepped into chaos. People were running, the dead were everywhere, and in the midst of everything were a group of people looking at the group.

Immediately the group starts to feel as if gravity is pushing down on them, slowing them down. Dele finds that his power has been activated, but he is no longer in control of his own power. As the gravity gets too much, forcing everybody flat on the ground, the group of people close in..one looking very familiar.

Quake, in 'normal' form is with the other group. He has what looks like to be a odd looking set of 'patches' on him..running to a watch. However, it is not he that addresses the group.

One of the other 'mutants' is a man who has an odd yellowish tone, and is wearing an outfit that has multiple lighting motifs about it. "Ah it is about time you all arrived, we did everything but put up neon billboards. Allow me to introduce myself, and my erstwhile companions. My name is HiJack. My ability is to use somebody elses power as my own. Which prevents them from accessing it during that time."

He motions to an older man in a tricked out wheelchair, with weird machines covering his body and the wheel chair. "This is the HiTech. Our gadgeteer and gizmo maker."

He points to Quake. "This is HiImpact, well..you know what he is capable of, but with HiTech's gizmos..he can control how much of his mutation he wants to affect him..and keep that brain of his..and still have the muscle."

He points to a somewhat unassuming fellow, dressed in a tux of all things. "This is HiEmotion. Our .. seducer of the group. He can manipulate peoples emotions, but most of the time with the ladies he chooses lust."

Last but not least..((Nobody would recognize this one..but they have been seen before)) "HiFi..our newest member. He has ..a bone to pick with one of your group." ((It's the large bear like person that Thelassa fought in Canada)).

"Now I can feel your leader siphoning off my power..so I had best make this quick." Suddenly the extra gravity vanishes, but a portal opens up..much like one Johnny can create. HiEmotion and HiFi step through quickly, with about 5 of the undead with them.

Dele's power is back, but it is reduced in power (having been drained some by Alex). The undead and the rest of the other mutants close in. HiImpact turns the watch, and starts the transformation to what would have been 'Quake'.

Comment

• At the base. The remaining group at the base is surprised when a portal opens up and dumps 7 people in the middle of the room. Frost, Blaze, and Thelassa immediately recognize one, and 5 are obvious undead..but the final one they have never seen before. Looks..out of place with the others.

Comment

• Thelassa had been about to head to her quarters when another portal opened up. She shook her head, wondering who had forgotten something or who had decided not to go through with the mission, but her eyes went wide at the sight of the group that stepped through.

Then her eyes narrowed when she saw the burly man from Canada. "Damn it," she muttered as she sprang in font of Kate and Sam, throwing her arms out protectively, which made her wince due to her injury. Sam could probably take the undead, but she didn't know anything about the well-dressed man. "Big one is mine," she said to the other girls. "Miss Samantha, if you think you can be helping vith others it vill be of much appreciation. Miss Kaitlin.... vill become difficult to protect you if I am winding up dead. Vhen fighting starts, run." She thought of telling Kate to try to get a message to Alex, but it occurred to her that this was no coincidence that this group had come here when they did.

It was a set-up.

((Feelings, which are harder to read since she's got her defenses up: Frustration, anger, concern))
                  Last edited by Kara; 04-30-2011, 04:07 PM.
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• To say the least, Dele/Lagrange was surprised when he felt his own power being turned against him, and his eyes at first flicked toward Alex. He had experienced his power being turned against him before, when he was first recruited into Section 3 and started training. Alex had shown him what his power was capable of.

He listened to HiJack's description of their little group, and he just glared at the entire array of enemy mutants. Quake-- Lagrange would be damned if he'd refer to him by his new 'Hi' name-- got a much more profound glare. He was, after all, the traitor.

When two of the 'HiFalutin Gang' departed, and his power was restored, Lagrange sprang back to his feet, and though he could feel his power was lesser-- thank you, Alex-- he immediately exerted it. There were a lot of variables to keep in mind. He had to try to grav HiJack and HiTech and especially HiImpact into not moving, plus there were the undead to worry about, plus his own team.

He decided to focus on HiJack and HiImpact, both of whom would suddenly feel the force of gravity increase dramatically, pulling them toward the ground just as the Section 3 team had been moments before.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Samantha nodded and moved to block Kate from the intruders. She concentrated and began transforming into the biggest meanest animal she knew. Within seconds she was 800 pounds of muscle, teeth, claws and attitude.

((grizzly bear for those who are wondering))
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Ananda felt the push. "Dele! What..." She trailed off as the group made their appearance.
                        Her body felt flushed, tingling all over in that beyond-embarrased, amped-up do-or-die jump feeling.
                        She didn't have much in the way of articulate thought in her mind.
                        If she were to describe it later, it would be--
                        Rage.
                        Not this shit again.
                        How dare they.
                        Why am I so mad?
                        Rage
                        Do something.

She saw the watch on Quake-- whom she had not blamed in the slightest for wanting his power to leave, for himself to be what he once was--
                        crrck
                        it felt like her brain was being poured into the watch, like lightning thundering through the pseudo-veins;
                        she was only minimally aware of her own hand reaching for the gun on her thigh.
                        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• For a moment the other group slows down, almost stopping, except 'Quake' of course. His incredible strength would mean that a whole lot of gravity would need be applied to even slow him..and right now Dele's strenght is not up to the task thanks to HiJack making Alex do some draining. What is confusing is..why didnt' he just amp the gravity up while he had control and squish the group..but that is for another time.

'HiTech' manipulates some controls on his wheelchair, and although Dele knows he is still in control of his own powers, and still has the gravity on them..the other group seems to suddenly have a lot less trouble. Whatever he did can't seem to totally counter the sudden increase of gravity, but chances are it is some sort of Anti-Gravity field. That dang gadgeteer has to be taken down!

Just as suddenly Quake's watch pretty much explodes, and the oddest thing happens. For a moment he looks VERY dissapointed, but then resignation comes over him as he starts to fully transform. Just before he looses his intelligence to the mutation he shrugs. "So much for the element of surprise, double agent manuever I was going to pull."

Everybody looks confused as he just calmly joins your groups side again.

Alex seems a bit frustrated. "HiJack has no ability I can drain..his own ability seems immune to mine, I can only drain any powers he hijacks. Still..I'll handle him. My power should be immune to his also."

Johnny looks at the gadget guy. "Think me and he will make a good match. You others concentrate on keeping the undead off of us. Kit, Kat..go to HQ..NOW."

"We CAN'T! Some sort of field is blocking us when we try. We can teleport anywhere in the world but there." Growls Kit.

Johnny curses. "No doubt some sort of forcefield or anti-mutant tech.." suddenly he stops, as if something dawns on him.

You hear slow clapping, from behind the group. For those who turn around .. they see Alexander..and a host of newly turned undead. "VERY GOOD!" He looks at Johnny. "I do believe Mr. V has just figured it out." you notice a lot of the undead with him have tattered hockey uniforms on, and all of them have arm bands with AML on them. "Has anybody else?"
                          Last edited by Mytical; 05-02-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• The white left her vision as she felt her brain pour back out of the system.
                            She heard talking. She saw movement-- Quake getting big... and stupid again--
                            she felt her hand moving, so she slowed her movement to more natural ranges when she heard more familiar words-- she couldn't really hear, her ears had only rushing in them.
                            --
                            She felt the air jolt again, left it for the others to deal with. Team.
                            She looked 'down' and saw the underside of the wheelchair, could see the eerie tubes and wires and glow of the older man.... Meat.
                            KSHHHH*PwitK POP!
                            She didn't know what she blew, or what was in the systems on the chair-- she just aimed her hate and desire to explode something at him-- fuck him-- fuck them for-- for THIS!
                            She hadn't moved from the ground; her arm looked like it had twitched, broadly, but she was still on the dirty asphalt, crumpled. She looked limp.
                            If Kaitlin had been there, however...
                            Kate would know quite differently.
                            She closed her eyes.
                            Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Almost immediately Dele could feel the antigravity countering his gravity fade. The other group went down like a sack of potatoes. The effect wasn't done from Ananda however, the man screams..and .. his skin starts to boil. Inside his body tiny nanomachines feel the energy from Ananda..and short out..causing massive damage to the mans body. As they disintegrated..the guy let out one last scream, blood pours from every opening..and then he goes still...

"Well..now that they are pretty much useless to me.." Alexander activates one of the 'EMP' anti-mutant devices, rendering all but him, Alex, and Alexis powerless. "The dead need no mutant powers."

Alex shrugs. "Without them, you can not win this fight. Alexis can destroy your undead single handedly. She's done it before."

Alexander laughs. "I don't have to BEAT you dear brother, I just have to bide my time. The longer I keep you HERE, the more my army spreads. Once I have the pods from Headquarters..." he shrugs. "I will be able to give my undead mutant abilities of their own..and still control them!"

HQ-

A sense of PEACE floods the people in the headquarters..sapping the will of Samantha and Thelassa to fight. Kate can feel the calmness..but for some reason is immune to the one gentleman's abilities. He focuses on her, trying to over power her, but that lets up on the other two.."WHY ARE YOU IMMUNE?!" he seems very .. distraught about that.

The man that Thelassa fought in Canada just falls back, content to let the undead do some damage before fighting...

Vines shoot up from the floor, grabbing the undead, and ripping them to little pieces..then putting a stranglehold on the little pieces. "I will not interfear in your natural fight, even with mutant powers..but those ..THINGS are not in the natural order. I can not permit their existence!"

((Moral of the story..Alexander miscalculated...didn't expect his gadgeteer to go down so fast, nor Kate's immunity..and had no clue about Gaia..which normally wouldn't matter cause she is neutral..BUT undead are not natural..and she is obligated to try to restore the NATURAL balance))
                              Last edited by Mytical; 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Lagrange (Dele reminded himself that if he wanted his new moniker to stick, he had to start thinking of himself as Lagrange as well) raised an eyebrow behind his glasses as HiImpact suddenly defected back to their side. Truth be told, he was relieved. Given Quake's prodigious strength, keeping him immobile would have required almost all of Lagrange's power.

He glances to Ananda as he sees her using her ability on one of the HiFalutin Gang, and grins as he feels the anti-gravity field go away. "Right!" the gravity-manipulator declares. He smirks at HiJack. "Payback's a bitch!" With that, he promptly exerts his power again and pulls the rest of the other mutants to the ground.

Only for 'Xander to show up and set off an AML power-nullifier. Lagrange stumbles a little as he feels his power effectively switch off. He glowers at the undead mutant mastermind. "I figured it was gonna be like that. Why are they always megalomaniacs?"

He looks around at the approaching undead. "And me without my sidearm..."

Comment

Working...
                                X