Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dele/Lagrange steps through the portal back to the Section 3 base, carrying the unconscious HiJack over one shoulder. As he emerges, the familiar vague pressure of his power settles over everyone present, nothing overwhelming or inhibiting, but there nonetheless.

He takes in the scene, then shrugs. "Boss can handle this," he decides, his thoughts weary. Underneath it, there's a sense of frustration at Alex-- frustration with Alex's idealistic viewpoint-- but not a major one.

He carries HiJack off toward the holding cells, where the anti-mutant technology should keep the power-thief's ability negated.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Rob readies a barrier between the Russians, but not actually putting it between them yet because Thelassa's too close to the other, but definitely ready to stop her attack if he needs to.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Several things happened at once. The Witch thrust her blade, there were people coming in and voices. Someone (Kate, she thought later) yelled, there was movement out of the corner of her eye, a flash of energy from Rob, but she hardly noticed in that instant.

She looked into the eyes of the man she held against the wall and saw something. She couldn't explain it, didn't understand it, but there was something in those eyes that struck her somehow.

The arc of her swing went wide, the tip of the ice dagger embedded itself in the wall mere millimeters from his face, a hairline trickle of blood forming on his cheek as he held his breath in anticipation of his fate.

With a grunt of frustration, Thelassa pushed herself away from him. She looked at her hand, which had failed to carry out her target's execution. She saw it was shaking. No, not just her hand, her entire body was trembling.

What the hell did it mean? What was going on?

((fear, confusion))

She didn't look at anyone as she walked across the room, sat down against the far wall, and put her head in her hands. She didn't want to look into those eyes again. Somehow, it had been like looking at a ghost. Memories flooded her mind, memories she hadn't dared to think of unless she was completely alone. The caravan she grew up in, her friends, her mother. Their laughter, the music they played. The gunfire, the screams. The smell of burning flesh. Their eyes. Their dead eyes looking back at her.

His eyes were the same.

She fought the sobs, forcing them down. But she couldn't stop the tears.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• The big Russian sat there for a moment, the prospect of death meaning nothing..nor how close he had come. In a very quiet voice he talks. ((assume the accent is still here, this is going to be long .. and would be a pain to put in the accent))

"I am sorry little sister, I should have been there. It was many years ago, and I was with another family. I was something to be ashamed of, as I was had out of wedlock. You think it is a coincidence I call you little sister?" he shakes his head sadly. "Our father loved your mother very much, but there was a time before you were born that they were having trouble..and he had a moment of weakness. A beautiful gypsy woman." he trails off for a moment, the pain evident in his eyes.

"When I heard..I came looking, and all I found was death..and imprisonment. They thought they had succeeded with me, and sent me after you. I never sought your death, but mine. What they have done to me eats at my soul. It brings madness, and the shame of not only not being there..but being born out of wedlock is too much. It must be you, you must set things right. I failed our family, I betrayed you to stop the pain..it is only right. You must strike, and strike true."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Kate goes and sits down next to Thelassa and wraps her arms around the Russian. And if she tries to fight that one, she's going to be making bunnies. As for the other Russian, she glares over at him and says, "Right now is not the time for the complete family story. Share it later."
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• He actually laughs 'You are assumink there vill beink a later. Comrade Alexander is now havink everything he is needink. Though he is beink disappointed that you and yours did not kill more of his pawns..the AML. As soon as he is wakink the hunter..he will be comink for all the mutants."
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Thelassa didn't answer her brother, nor did she try to fight Kate. She was lost in the sorrow of the past, the pain she tried to forget, and leaned into Kate's embrace.

Comment

• Kate starts stroking Thelassa's hair to help keep her calm, not bothering to answer the other Russian either. She figures the guys in charge can take care of that bit of info.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam slumped to the floor with a grunt. All the bear wanted to do now was sleep.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Days pass, all of Alexanders hench people are locked up tight, including the Russian. Over the intercom, Alexander calls a meeting. For those who go to the meeting, here is what is discussed.

"We finally know where Alexander is, as well as the remaining Project Double X members. We've figured out that our brother might be mistaken however. See..we believe WE have the hunter. He just doesn't have the power to come at this base. So .. if he thinks he has the hunter to awaken..the question is..who or what is he actually going to wake up?"

"Also, why the DNA, he wouldn't need that to wake any of the Project Double X people up, just turn off the stasis pods? According to our mysterious Russian friend that is why he needed it, to wake the hunter up. Makes no sense."

"We have two courses of action. Take the battle to him, or wait to see what monumental mistake he makes. The longer it goes, the more of an army will be between him and us. We know he will be using nullifiers..so only me and Alexis will have any powers. We can't do this alone, however. He will have weapons ready that can hurt or even kill us. We take a vote."

Comment

• Thelassa stepped forward. "I am wondering, if you are right, zhen is only matter of time before Mr Alexander is finding out he is wrong. So I am not vanting to be giving him chance to be thinking of zhis." She held up the pistol she carried in her boot. "I can still fight if I am not having my powers."

Comment

• "I'm not interested in walking into a fight. Especially after this last go around."
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Frost looks at Kate. "Really? I've kept my mouth shut for long enough at the request of Alex and Alexis. You do realize that if we don't fight now, that when Alexander has a big enough army..he will bring the fight to us. Should we go and fail, who will fight for you then?"

Blaze puts her hand on Frost's shoulders. "Frost..that is enough."

"No, it's not. I understand she doesn't have active powers, and doesn't want to fight. I get it, but this isn't going away. We NEED everybody.." she looks at Kate. "EVERYBODY to fight. She wants to stay and cower in a corner, fine, but I want her to look around to everybody here. Go ahead LOOK. We are willing to fight, powers or not, and there is a good chance some of us will not be coming back. One more person watching our back might make the difference between somebody living and somebody dying. So.." she comes right up to Kate and looks her in the eyes. "When somebody dies, because they didn't have back up, guess who's head it is going to be on?"

Comment

• The Witch returned her sidearm to its holster and moved herself in front of Kate to face Frost.

"Mr Alex has been making clear from first day he is bringing us together zhat ve have no obligation to be fighting vars," she said, her tone sharp. "Some people fight. Some do not. Is being vone's nature.. If Mr Alex vants us all to be fighting, he vould not be vasting precious time to be taking votes. If you are having problem vith zhat, perhaps you should be arguing vith Mr Alex. If Miss Kate does not vish to fight, I vill fight tvice as hard, so there is being no difference. If somevone is dying, it is being my fault for not fighting hard enough. If you are having problem vith zhat, perhaps you should be arguing vith me. Are ve having understanding?"
                              Last edited by Kara; 05-22-2011, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Only Kate had gotten anything from Ananda over the last few days; but even then, the other woman had avoided contact and conversation.
                                Kate had felt revulsion, futility, and fury. Mostly fury the last few times.
                                However, looking at her now, she appeared to be normal... but Kate had an unshakable feeling there was something very much like a splinter in Ananda's mind, now.
                                Thelassa had resolved to fight twice as hard, and Ananda had looked at the table, waiting that brief few moments... then... she looked up, around at people she cared about ((Kate can sense that, and I'm telling this in a 3rd personish sort of way, not getting in Ananda's head more than Kate or someone who knows Ananda can))
                                "Frost?" The woman looks at her, still angry. Ananda nods as if agreeing or resolving something. "Thank you for having at least that much respect, and you're right-- about him bringing the fight." She looks to Thelassa. "You're right too. Nature, nurture-- there are other contributions to be made to help this fight." As Ananda trails off a bit, Kate can sense a bit of that 'splinter' becoming more sharp, or a shadow or darkness for a split second... as she continues with a bit more steam. "People choose to be in this fight, and in confrontations. One on one, there is no bystander, and if they want to kill us, then I want to stop them-- maybe even kill them." Kate hears, almost audibly I hope not from Ananda's unspoken thoughts. "Things don't make sense, and I don't like that." She looks to Alex and Alexis. "Sir, Ma'am, there's more than one way to take the fight to an enemy. Sabotage and espionage, for two. The longer we think, the more ideas we have that can work will come up-- but not too long, or those won't work. Head-on may not be the answer here, but nor can we sit. Defense never wins."
                                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                                X