Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate actually smiles at Thelassa at the defense. "I would be nobody's backup. I learned basic self-defense in order to get away from fights. So instead of being able to setup a potential area where I can help heal people of a number of different wounds, you'd rather me be in an area where I would have to be protected. I'm no fighter. I never have been. Now if we can find a different way beyond a head-on conflict in which role I wouldn't be complete dead weight, I'd be happy to reconsider. However, if we are doing nothing but head-on fights, maybe it is time for me to just consider going home. But I will not walk into a head-on battle." She sends a soothing thought towards Ananda.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda looks over at Kate, knowing what she did, but appreciative. "Every asset has its' place," she said, seeming to quote from somewhere. "Now, where that might be, I don't know."
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Frost just sighs and turns her head. "You choose to be dead weight. You would rather go run and hide then face the fact that the enemy doesn't care if you want to fight or not. They are souless, they don't care..at all. You can't talk them out of it, you can't reason with them. They will kill you without a thought. I've said my peace, do whatever. Just know, that if they come for you..and they will..I will not lift a blade to protect you from here on. You chose to lay down and die, I will not stop you. You want to go home and wait for them to come tearing down your door, no skin off my teeth."

Blaze looks at Frost. "Ok that is about enough, we are not all fighters. She wants to be the one healing, we let her."

Frost shrugs. "I've said what had to be said. Maybe she should go home, crawl into a corner, and just wait to become one of them."

Johnny says. "ENOUGH. I am not sure why Alex and Alexis has let this go on this long, but that is about enough from you Frost. We have more then enough manpower."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Kate hears a strong 'For now' from Ananda's thoughts-- and feels the dread, like a pit, underneath that.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Nицемер," Thelassa scoffed, then repeated it in English. "Hypocrite." She was angry at Frost, but also at herself. Because she would have agreed with her until recently. But... sometimes circumstances change. People change. "You are saying if Miss Kate, who is not having zhe training or instinct of a fighter, does not fight anyvay, she is being better off becoming vone of Mr Alexander's dead. She should be fighting because she is being obligated to, not because she vants to." She shook her head. "Ve can be choosing our battles. Ve can decide vhen to fight. Vhat to fight for. Or be helping others who are fighting. If ve forget zhis, if ve are following orders vithout question, ve might as vell be puppets. If Miss Kate vere to be fighting, against her vill, zhen she is better off being vone of dead."
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Kate sighs and shakes her head. "I choose not to put myself in a position that would make me do something I'd regret. So, I'm going to head to the medical ward and make sure we're up to date on band-aids and stuff." She heads to the door.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Something she'd regret.
                And that was what it came down to.
                Did she regret killing someone?

No. And that in no way excluded her from doing anything and everything to prevent it from happening. In no way should it exclude her from feeling horrible about it.
                She stares at the table, listening.

Comment

• "If we are all quite done? We still have a few people who have not said anything one way or another." Notes Alex.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Rob shrugs. "I've just been wondering why we'd really want the person who relies on thought, reasoning, and talking things out to go try and face the unthinking enemies who can't be reasoned with or spoken to. Anyway. I'm not sure where I'd be more help. But I should probably go."
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Frost grumbles, half under her breath "Maybe because people out there are in a panic, and are doing stupid things out of fear, and we need to know who is alive and who is not....." but goes quiet when Blaze glares at her.

Quake shrugs. "Quake protect people. Dead no be able to hurt Quake."

Alex nods. "Suit up. We leave in three hours."

Comment

• Dele/Lagrange frowns as the argument about fighting-or-not took place. Kate would sense the usual faint amusement he had at other people arguing, but she'd also pick up that he respects her opinion.

Lagrange, after all, wasn't that great in hand-to-hand combat, given that he relied so much on his powers or weaponry when in battle. He made up for it by being a pretty good on-the-fly strategist and vicious combat pragmatist. Granted, that latter part-- his willingness to use whatever tactics and impromptu weapons that came to hand to defeat his opponent-- often clashed with Alex's more idealistic beliefs.

But Frost, Ananda, and Kate were voicing their opinions all the better, and he knew that his own opinion wasn't going to change Alex's mind.

He waits until the others leave, then asks Alex, "I know you probably have your reasons for keeping him around, but are you sure we can trust Q?"
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "If Rob asks me to, I will have Quake go to one of the other bases. Rob and Alexis were the ones Quake betrayed..and so far nobody has asked him why. Alexis seems to trust him despite what happend. So..for now, unless those two say otherwise..I trust my sisters judgement."

Comment

• Sam felt bad. "Hey Kate, wait up!" She called.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kate stopped and looked back. "Yeah?"
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "I'll help you, if you'd like." She said with a smile.
                                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                                X