Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate blinks at the change into another animal. "Sam, you could shift back and actually introduce yourself."
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Thelassa hesitated. She could easily get out of the ice.... but using her powers again could be catastrophic. Ananda seemed to have some kind of idea, and hers were usually good ones. She looked at Dele, then looked back to Ananda and nodded as well.

"Da," she said. "Do it."
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• "Hrmm" The wolf grumbled for a moment, seeming to think before Sam once more became human-Sam.

"Sorry" She said to Kate, then looked at Susan. "Hi, I'm Sam."
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Ananda had so many good ideas. Change the ice around him to glass; kill him; turn a switch maybe...
          but she didn't know how Crisis worked.
          What could he do with hers, so limited by scale? Would it be the same effect, like Thelassa's, or would it, because she was so very different, so something else, like...
          no.
          It was time to take a leap of faith.
          She had been practicing, after all.
          She thought about the mutant's spine... acutely aware that this was human... she was purposefully putting too little in, just thinking about the structure of the nerves themselves, focusing on that key juncture that allowed someone to breathe, but not move, whispering a finger of her mental hand, moving it so it just met the bellowing creature's innermost meninges... praying that it wouldn't transfer to the rest of them... and ignoring the mental images... one of which included everyones' spines exploding... thoughts were clamor, just like the room, just like her friends...
          She took in a deep breath, and let it out as she slowly reached.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• AHQ
            Several things go wrong right off the bat. First the increased pressure of the gravity, even counting the suits, is very disorienting..when trying to concentrate..disorientation is a bad thing. Second..Crisis' power kicks in, amplifying Ananda's power to a degree she is not quite prepared for...

The whole...universe seems to shift for Ananda..becoming at once both microscopic and macroscopic. She sees the entire universe (or so it seems to her) from the largest cluster of galaxies..down to things smaller then mankind can even imagine existing. Every creature..from the most powerful that could snuff out mankind with a thought, to the smallest most harmless creatures..she is suddenly aware of. She is not sure there is a number big enough to express how many that is...

AND...

She can affect it all if she wishes..change the very nature of the universe if the notion moved her. What she couldn't do, however, is control HOW it changed. Altering Crisis she can do, she has the power, but in this current state..how he would change would be beyond her control. With Crisis' boosting her power she has tapped into the very fabric of reality, but she is like a seamstress that is just beginning to learn her craft trying to change something in 'The last supper'..she can do it, but would be unsure of the end product.

((See OoC))

S3HQ

The girl nods and smiles. She mimics drinking something.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• In training, Ananda had been shoved off a very tall wall at some point.
              This was rather much like that.
              Sudden. Wrenching. Like stepping off a stair and not hitting the floor when you expected.
              But instead of stability, she wanted time.
              It seemed like it took forever to remember why she was here. She needed Crisis. What was he about? She didn't want to hurt him. She wanted to talk. Who was he?
              And how could she get him to be less angry?
              It took a few moments, in her mind, to marshal her thoughts and get her wheels turning... she knew that at certain levels, thoughts were firing synapses in the brain. She and Kate had discussed some things, and there was paltry theory on what happens in psychic and kinetic brains...
              this was a chance to learn more.
              Please let this not be her last chance, she thinks, as she seeks the center of this. A gleaming white sun...
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Up and down did not matter, nor did right or left. She didn't need them. She was in motion; and she could control it. Heaviness weighed oddly, like when she had broken her leg in middle school, but could still play her Wii games-- still have speed and daring, but in a different way than the way she had broken her leg falling off her bike down an embankment. The pain was distant too-- but it was still there.
                ------------
                "Da. Do it." Ananda had turned to the angry, fire-red man, reached out her hand palm towards him like she was going to use her repulsors (the gun was on the floor near her other hand). As she had visibly focused, her face growing intense, her hand had slowly folded in on itself, like she was holding something...
                a whisper bare of most emotion escapes:
                "Who are you?"

Comment

• "You're thirsty? Any preference for drink, Susan?"
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda hears a response "Burn everything, burn it to the ground. Destroy..." but the anger and rage seems to be subsiding. "No...must hold the fire..it is all that is left..all he has left me.." there is a struggle as her power seeks to change the synapses to calmness. "I AM CRISIS! I MUST BURN IT ALL!" but then..the rage is gone. She can't read emotions, but it takes no empath to know that sorrow has taken its place.

S3HQ
                    Ice water is best. Or something with caffeine.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Well, I can get you tap water here, or we can go to the kitchen and find you something there."
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• She stands up Kitchen, because lukewarm tapwater is ugh

Comment

• Ananda tries to talk-- it echoes funny in here... like that time she had swimmer's ear and allergies at the same time. Feeling it as well as hearing.
                          "I don't want to hurt you... who has left you fire?"
                          She looks around for the voice, trying to go to it. "My name is Ananda. You can call me Infinity. Can we be friends?"
                          She thinks that it might sound disingenuous, she has just met him, but she means it. She wants to know this man, and not just because of his power-- mutation or otherwise.
                          If she had been flowing down a rushing river (by her own will) before, now, she was walking at a slow pace.
                          -------
                          If anyone is looking, they can see her jaw moving slightly, like she was reading along silently and absently to some text-- her eyes are out of focus and off to the side, like when you were on the phone and thinking hard.
                          "... Infinity..."

Comment

• Kate giggles. "Picky are we?" Definite teasing from her.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• She tensed as Ananda spoke. The gun was still in her hand, ready to fire. Her enemies, both of them who remained, were focused on the girl at the moment. The Witch wondered if Crisis's powers would do anything for him against a bullet in his eye.

No. She had vowed to be more than a programmed killing machine. She would trust Ananda to handle this.

But she kept her finger close to the trigger, just in case.
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• AHQ
                                Crisis looks at Alexander. "HIM. He took everything from me, all I have now is the fire." again it takes no empath to feel the hate radiating from him when he looks at Alexander. "He took them both, made them his puppets..and he must burn."

S3HQ
                                She laughs. I think I am going to enjoy it here

Comment

Working...
                                X