This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHQ
    Crisis nods "I can feel it, weakening me, but slowly. I can help with the ice, and the machine should have been taken care of with Alexanders body, but the enhanced gravity I can do little about. I managed to push through it from adrenalin when I thought this one.." looks at Ananda "hurt, but now that it has subsided..with whatever he has put in me..it will slowly crush me."

S3HQ
    The three of you get something to drink, when suddenly a very charred group appears out of the portal. Alex gets on the com immediately to the group on the roof. "Whatever you all did, it worked. We have managed to get out..you need to run..run now. Will send Johnny to recover you as quick as I can, but whatever that was is too much for us.." there is a regret, a sadness, and an anger at himself radiating from Alex.

Quake's suit is in tatters, burned and clawed almost as much as his body. What could have caused such vast damage to him when even Alex can't seem to scratch him is a mystery. He is not the worst off, however, as there is a charred remain with the group. A quick head count shows that .. one of the twins is not accounted for.

Kat's eyes are wild. "I'll teleport it into the sun! No .. a blackhole!" she gets ready to teleport out to try to do just that.
    Last edited by Mytical; 06-19-2011, 02:37 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• ((wait...is it Alexander = Alex or Alexander = Xander? Getting confused...))

Kate's eyes widen and she rushes over to Kat, not even considering future side effects. Sending a calming thought, she says, "Easy, Kat, easy. You're in no condition to teleport anything anywhere, let alone yourself." And a thought to Alex, What happened?
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Like Thessela, Dele was impressed that Ananda had managed to turn a mutant powerful enough to scare Xander into one of them. Hey, that was great!

That Crisis could still move with gravity upped by a factor of thirty was also impressive.

Now Dele just had to reduce the g-load back to normality.

First, though, he turned his suit's repulsors on the ice on his legs, shattering it. He staggered slightly, his face a mask of grim pain and determination.

It wasn't easy, not with Crisis' involuntary amplification going on, but with an effort, he bent his will to the increased gravity.

The others present would feel the crushing pressure lessen considerably, and then fade altogether. Normal Earth gravity was restored. People could move again.

...then Dele promptly fell forward onto his face. There was a trickle of blood coming out of his nose, but it wasn't the gush of a break. This was the trickle of a hemorrhage.

A moment later, he groaned. "...and that," he mumbled, "is why I don't increase gravity as high as that."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Ananda glances over to the noise and motion of David smashing through his ice; then looks back up to Crisis, smiles a bit, about to reply, when Lagrange cut the gravity-- which made her feel dizzy and light headed. "Ugh!" She felt her neck pop, and she heard what Alex said over their communicators--"Whatever you all did, it worked. We have managed to get out..you need to run..run now. Will send Johnny to recover you as quick as I can, but whatever that was is too much for us.." and managed to catch something was wrong. Crisis steadied her with a hand-- she looked back over to Lagrange, who was now on the floor. "You okay Lagrange?" She waited for his mumble and watched him pick himself up off the floor, in pain, but moving-- then worked on chipping herself free, more carefully than the-gravity user did, she would have enough problems without having her legs be bruised and numb in places.
          "Can someone snag a sample of the red stuff and anything else that looks interesting? Try not to expose it to air-- or yourself!" A few moments into chipping at the ice, she says to Crisis, "I might be able to help get rid of the poison, but I want to study it a bit more, to make it easier and less dangerous for you. And I'm going to be really dizzy for a bit, because I overexerted myself. I'm not used to holding onto what I'm doing for more than a few seconds."
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• ((Sorry I get brain burp moments, it was Alex))

S3HQ
            Kate manages to calm Kat down, and Alex says. "Some sort of giant lizard like thing, that could breath fire..just appeared out of nowhere. I've never seen anything that strong"

Alexis nods. "It would have killed me if not for Quake, he put himself between me and it when it breathed fire..."

Alex continues. "It is still there, once the teleport blocker was down we got out as quick as possible. The others are in terrible danger."

AHQ
            Crisis says "You can turn it off whenever you want, but sadly I have no ability to control how my power will interact with any active power..however..I can help with the ice." he heats up and the ice starts melting.

The group hears things break, and something is getting closer. The smell of sulfur fills the air, they are unfortunately at the top of the building..and something is coming their way..
            Last edited by Mytical; 06-19-2011, 02:53 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "You were going...to get some backup." Her breath is a little raspy. "Some guy named Stalker." And a sneeze.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• She laughs a bit at the first remark--"Heh, I was really distracted-- I'll have question and answer time later with you, but thanks for--" The ominous thudding cuts her off. It reminded her of the old cult classic movie, Jurassic Park-- as the building swayed a bit.
                "Crap."
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• S3HQ
                  "No offense to Stalker, he is good, but I'm not even sure he could help..I've never seen anything like what we faced." admits Alex.

((Holding for everybody on AHQ..cause this is gonna get funky..))

Comment

• Dele/Lagrange pushed himself to his feet, dabbing at the blood trickling from his nose. He could feel the building swaying and smelled the brimstone in the air.

"I'm okay," he said, clearly not. He coughed a bit, and popped his neck a bit. He turned. "So... let's get the fuck outta here before that dragon fries us extra crispy."
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "Ah." She sneezes several times again in rapid succession. "Hey, Kat? Can you teleport Quake, you, and I to the medical lab? Please?"
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Kat does so. He is in bad shape, it is a miracle he is still alive..she even teleports him to the bed.

Comment

• AHQ
                          With the combination of flying suits, and Larange's ability .. it is no problem for them to get a sample and fly to safety..then they just wait for Johnny..who opens the portal back to headquarters.

Comment

• "Great." More sneezing. She goes to a nearby drawer and pulls out a bottle of benadryl and downs some water and a couple of pills. "Could you get some more of that suit off while I pull out the burn cream?"
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• It is difficult, because the suit is pretty much grafted onto the skin now..but she manages. "Would probably be easier if he was human..but I don't know if that would kill him..may only be his mutant toughness keeping him alive."

Comment

• "Maybe...I know he's not awake, which is probably a good thing...if he starts swinging after I start putting this on him, teleport me away from his reach?" Apprehensive look.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X