Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate hides a smile. "I suppose I could help if there aren't too many. I wouldn't want to get in the way."
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Wolfe looks at Sam and smiles. "Well..can you turn into anything small? Maybe sneak in and check things out..but if they have something that can stop mutant abilities..could be dangerous."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Well I have been a kangaroo rat before." Sam said. "Just have to figure out what's normal for that area, then they won't suspect it."
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• ((sorry must have posted the same time so I missed one post))

Stalker looks at everybody. "Should we get backup and be ready .. just in case..if something goes wrong..I don't want either of you in any danger..at all."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I would love some backup." Sam said. "I'd like Kate to come, or someone else who can read thoughts. No other way to communicate with me otherwise."

Comment

• "I..." Kate looks between Sam and Stalker, her worry fairly evident. "I'll go."
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Stalker walks over to Kate. "I promise..if I have to move heaven and earth, no harm will come to you while I am breathing."

Wolfe nods to Sam. "I'm not as fancy talkin as him..but ditto."

Comment

• "Kate if anyone tried to hurt you, they'd have all of us to worry about, and then some." Sam said, trying to reassure her friend.

Comment

• Kate blushes, but smiles at all of them, but particularly Stalker. "All right."
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Well it has been a long night..lets all get some rest..we will wait till tomorrow night. Darkness is our ally." suggests Stalker.

Comment

• "Sounds like the start of a plan to me."
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Location: S3HQ Training Room - sometime after Dele's last training session

Daniel Dele, aka "Lagrange," has adapted his S3 uniform to a 'training outfit,' loose-fitting pants and a sleeveless t-shirt, with sneakers. The training room itself has been reconfigured with a few loose panels stacked around the room, a few ball-shaped objects scattered about, and a machine facing him from the other end of the room. This machine is a ball launcher, much like those used by baseball players when practicing.

Dele himself faces the launcher, going through a series of warm-up stretches, not unlike he was doing tai chi. He breathes steadily, and anyone standing within the operating radius of his power would feel that familiar vague pressure that indicates he's using it.

With a light chuff sound, the launcher fires a softball-sized sphere toward him. As it enters Dele's area, he moves, moving his right arm up and around into the sphere's path. The ball appeared to "catch" in the air around his palm as Dele turned into its path, his left hand coming up and cupping around the ball as well as he completed a complete 360-degree turn, flinging his right arm outward, and the ball sailed off at full velocity until it hit the wall.

Dele moved back into his ready stance just as the launcher chuffed again. Once more, Dele moved, flowing from one position to another, catching and releasing the new ball in a different direction.

A third chuff, and this time Dele continued to turn, not releasing the ball until the fourth chuff came, and now he launched the ball he'd caught straight into the next, so they both caromed off one another.

And so it went, the launcher firing ball after ball at Dele, who continued to move and flow, using his gravitonic powers to catch-and-release each ball, block it with another, or send it sailing away off course.

Finally, the launcher clicked as it ran out of ammo, and Dele sagged slightly, breathing heavily, leaning over and bracing his hands on his knees. Even if he was only using his power to "flow" with the Earth's gravity, he was unused to using it this way. Hence, practice.

(tag to anyone available in S3)
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Ananda's been watching for a little bit from the sidelines, trying to think of ways to make Dele's life interesting with his training. She then remembers that she doesn't really practice changing density of things... or direction.
                            As yet another sphere shoots towards the man, she decides to go soft first: she tries to put a 'curve' on the sphere, like when a pitcher does that to a pitch, messing with the air next to the ball for a fraction of a second. It sends the ball curving to the left of him, instead of straight at.
                            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• When Ananda changes the path of the ball, Dele responds accordingly. If it curves toward him, he adjusts his catch-and-release to spin with the curve and send it sailing away again. If it curves away from him, he ignores it.

When the launcher 'clicks' off, he turns and spots Ananda. He grins a bit. "Hey, 'Nanda. It's not quite as easy as it looks, this. And I dunno that it'd work against bullets. They move a little too quickly for me to try to catch them and spin them back. The math's a little too ... tricky yet."
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Sam decided to rest in Whisper's room for the night. One reason was she wanted to alleviate the girl's loneliness and also because she wasn't allergic to cats. Whether that also included gryphons in close quarters, Sam wasn't willing to risk it. Finding a soft spot on the floor, she tucked her wings to her sides and fell asleep.

She awoke to find herself in an open area, bathed in bright sunlight. She felt a little groggy at first, then terror took over as she saw a large man wearing hunter orange walk towards her. She frantically beat her wings to escape, but could only flounder around helplessly on the ground. Moving a wingtip nearer to her face, she noticed her primary flight feathers had been clipped.
                                "You'll look good on my wall." The strange man said as he lifted a shotgun. "Keeeee!!!!" She screeched as loud as she could.

Sitting up she realized it had all been a dream. She was back in Whisper's dark room. Her talons had shredded some innocent pillows and she had shed a few feathers from her fear. She tried to focus on her breathing, slowing it down and laid her head back down.

Comment

Working...
                                X