Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. I have always been a night person, often staying up well past midnight on a school night reading, yet, I never fell asleep in class.

2. I must always be doing something with my hands. I usually play with a lick of hair right at the forehead.

3. I have a hard time enjoying movies based on books, due to the necessary abridgement required to put it on film. I find it annoying when unnecessary changes are made (like the name of The General's Daughter). I readJurassic Park before seeing the movie and spent the whole movie picking it apart. I refuse to watch The Count of Monte Cristo due to the fact it bears little resemblence to the novel. I long for and accurate reproduction of the unabridged novel.

4. I ENJOY reading classic books. I mention this because I have gotten weird looks for it. I once brought a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo to a night shift. I was asked by someone if it was for a class, I told her no, I was reading it on my own, she gave me a look, then I mentioned it was my 5th time reading it through, and she gave me another one. I also enjoy REreading books, I always find something I missed the 1st time through.

5. I am an "Old Soul." I like black and white movies, and Old Time Radio shows. When I have a movie to show my mom, she asks me if it's "one of those old fogey black and white movies." She's 54 and I am 30.

Not sure how weird I actually am, but this is what I can think of.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

• Ok y'all are officially weird But it's ok.

I'm also a klutz and have the scars to prove it myself....I just burned my hand on a bread machine the other day...and have a burn mark on my inner arm from a pan in the oven that was recently acquired. I've burned my legs on motorcycle tail pipes twice..and have burned myself with an iron countless times. I'm always hitting my toes on shit, broke a toe once hitting a shoe with my foot. And I believe I mentioned breaking my arm in the stupidest way possible already. Probably mentioned being a klutz already too but I thought I'd list out other injuries
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• According to my baby books I was crawling at 4 1/2 months and sitting at 7 months O.o
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• BroScFischer, you're as weird as I am; I can relate to your list. telecom_goddess, unless you broke your arm because the chair you were dancing on tipped over, you're not as weird as me!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
            BroScFischer, you're as weird as I am; I can relate to your list. telecom_goddess, unless you broke your arm because the chair you were dancing on tipped over, you're not as weird as me!
            Oh no I tripped over nothing and pushed my hand on a cube wall....broke the upper bone and paralyzed my arm from the elbow down to my fingers, due to radial nerve damage. THAT is weird.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• More?
              6) Whenever I buy a toy, I flip the package, first thing, to see if they are wearing underwear.
              7) As long as I know the words, I will sing along to anything, like it or not. "You like Backstreet Boys?" "Only BackStreet's back, and only for the make up for the video (that might explain why I've been interested in the Monster High dolls recently...), otherwise, no."
              8) I intentionally misspell things when I'm being playful online.
              9) Otherwise, I'm very particular about spelling things properly, and notice spelling errors/grammar errors/math errors on signs, and will point them out daily to people until they're corrected to shut me up.
              10)I LOVE PINK, and, for some reason, coworkers never expect that.
              11) The only scene that has ever broken me down on my first viewing was "Come what May" in Moulin Rouge, even if Ewan MacGregor's pitiful wail afterwards is more glurgy than heart wrenching.
              12) My favorite movie is probably "Duck Soup", or, really, any Marx Brothers movie... which surprised my dad when I unwrapped "A Night at the Opera" that Christmas... "You like the Marx Brothers?" ... "How did you miss that month where I rented a Marx Brothers movie basically every single day from the library?"
              13) I prefer to re-experience things I know I like than to try out new things that I might enjoy...
              14) I don't form emotional attachments to things very often. "Huh, my best friend's family is moving away? Oh well, at least I got the chance to know her." whereas: "I don't think Boy scouts is right for me," was near impossible to say from how choked up I got.
              15) I learned to say my ZYX's, just so I can mess with people. Also, in case I ever get pulled over and tested... "Say your ABC's backward!" "Sure." *ten seconds later* "There."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                Oh no I tripped over nothing and pushed my hand on a cube wall....broke the upper bone and paralyzed my arm from the elbow down to my fingers, due to radial nerve damage. THAT is weird.
                o_O You win.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• 1. One time I chopped up a frozen dead woodchuck with an ax.

2. I have a crush on Sylvester Stallone (I'm 32).

3. I have (and have used) a coloring book called "Great Scenes from Shakespeare".

4. When the nurses showed me my newborn son, the first thing I said was, "His scrotum is huge!" (in my defense I was higher than a hippie at Woodstock, and it was).

5. I have pointy elf ears in the bottom drawer of the bathroom sink.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Fireheart, I was walking at nine months-- I had crawled out of my crib in the middle of the night! gave my poor parents yet another heart attack.
                    AnaKhouri, your 1st is awesome.
                    Your 4th isn't that uncommon from what I understand. Parents are usually "lolwut?" with their first son's parts. They're all out of proportion, from what I understand. but the first thing you say? that's funny!/stops poking at the then-drugg'd person
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• 1. I don't know my blood type.

2. I love learning, but I always hated school.

3. I'm obsessed with the Helter Skelter case.

4. I have a collection of magazines from the early to mid 80s. I have clothes from 20 years ago. And I have no intention of giving this stuff up.

5. If I'm ever crazy enough to get married someday, I'm so having a hippie wedding!
                      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

• 1. i have seizure disorder
                        2. i twang when i'm excited, and talk really quickly to boot.
                        3. i correct the spelling of words at work...right now its "wednsday" and i'm fixing it to "wednesday"
                        4. despite being born in texas and being married to a mexican man (and divorced from same) i dont know enough spanish to have a conversation.
                        5. i am extremely nearsighted, and have an astigmatism too.

Comment

• 6-10

6. I can remember the prices on random things. Before and after tax.

7. I have a mathematical brain (inherited from my engineer dad). I can do simple math up to multiplying double digits times double digits in my head.

8. I'm a complete tomboy but I love nail polish and earrings.

9. I'm *loud* in day to day life. Adding alcohol just magnifies it.

10. I'm such a geek. I can say lines for certain shows or movies before the character says them.
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• 6. I have consumed a total of 1 glass of wine in my entire life, all before the age of 21.

7. I do math for fun. Seriously, if I have nothing else to do, I will make up Algebra problems, and work them out.

8. I have never been on a date in my life, and don't really have a desire to start.

9. I am a loner, and rather enjoy solitude, yet I also enjoy speaking with others and a debate on any number of topics.

10. The scariest thing to me was the Episode of the Twilight Zone "Time Enought at Last" as I very closely identified with the character portrayed by Burgess Meredith.

SC
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

• Quoth BroSCFischer
                              7. I do math for fun. Seriously, if I have nothing else to do, I will make up Algebra problems, and work them out.
                              Amen. Totally there with you.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Guess I'll go again.

6. When I was 19 a friend and I won a Halloween costume contest dressed as the Dominatrix Cat woman and the Pussy Whipped Batman.

7. I have a dachshund that is a certified service animal.. I take her with me when I have to be around alot of people.. Crowds cause great anxiety to me.

8. I used to suffer from Munchhausens

9. I don't believe Osama Bin Laden was killed in that raid.. I think he's been long dead, he had liver diesease.

10. I once fell asleep on the potty and slept for 12 hours.

11. I've had a crush on Alan Rickman since I saw him in Die Hard.

12. I bought some of those bunny ears and googly eyes, put them on my breast and drew a nose and mouth and took pics.

13. I don't take hints.. If you want something from me you have to flat out say so.

14. I did a book report in the 4th grade on Silence of the Lambs.

15. I can vomit on command
                                Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 07-24-2011, 09:12 PM.
                                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                                X