Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam 'told' one of the small birds to grab the doll as it flew into the air. She also tried to will some strong vines to grab Sermintor.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

The bird grabs the object, and seems to struggle a little with it, as if a force is holding the object. However, it is able to get the Doll into Sam's hand. Things seem to slow down..the vines try to grab Sermator, but seem to wither as they touch him. He turns, but it seems almost in slow motion. Sam has the doll in her hand, maybe 10 foot from Sermator.

Wolfe has him somewhat distracted.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Let's see about getting Sermator more distracted, shall we? Ananda asks herself, as she focuses her sight through a whitish crystal that's thin and about the size of a coffee saucer, lightning crackling, then shooting out towards the figure-- willing with all her concentration for it to strike Sermator.
        (the fire that she had cast had seemed to spread a bit, but lightning would be different...)
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Sam clenched her fist around the doll. She tried to remember Amy's words. By abomination did she mean Sermator himself, or one of his creations? Taking a deep breath, she decided to go big or go home and turned towards Sermator and growled under her breath, preparing to charge.

Comment

Sam charges, Sermator is distracted just enough (by Ananda)...and Wolfe adds the last bit of distraction. "Yes..it is not me who is dangerous." He grins.."SHE IS." just as Sam reaches Sermator.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sam roars (as best she can as a non-bear) and shoves the doll into Sermator's chest.

Comment

It goes in way too easily for being a dull object. He growls, clutches his chest, and staggers back. "NO...I WILL NOT FAIL!"

Amy, getting to her feet. "Quick..druids..call on the spirits of the forest. Mages, anything that will help speed it up, haste..anything!!"

Comment

Wha? Speed what up? arg...
                  Ananda scowls as she inches over to another branch, and scans the ground around her and the avenues of approach, looking for more trouble to snipe.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

((Don't worry she will know very shortly *laughs*..it will be obvious))

Comment

Sam concentrates on vines again, and big brambly bushes. (say that 3 times fast)

Comment

Small shoots of leaves start sprouting from Sermator's body, he is pulling at them. "Cast haste on the plants..now..before he finds a way to counter it"

Comment

Ananda blinks. That she knows how to do-- straining, due to the distance (she's a tad confused as to why, however, but it works), and the tiny greeny-blue crystal she had plucked from her pockets puffs into dust as the plants writhe and grow faster.
                          She wonders, in the back of her mind... why plants??

Comment

((To make a long story short ))

The plants eventually tear him apart from the inside out..forming an..acorn tree. Amy sighs in relief. "All doppleganger dolls require a living seed to represent new life." Lets go a little farther and rest up. We will need it.

Comment

The group moves on the next morning, coming to a very odd area. Only about 12 trees, semi tightly packed. Two figures, one male and one female are standing outside the trees watching the group.

Amy curses. "Two of them. Anybody got any brilliant ideas? Broven is a druid, so we can expect the trees to attack. Watch for small animals, he'll make them much bigger and much more dangerous. Lass..she is another matter entirely. Normally she is a paladin, but as the doppelganger is evil..we might be dealing with a Death Knight..not sure what she might be capable of."

Comment

Sarlon grins,a light flame appearing around her hand.

"trees burn in any world...."
                                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X