This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Mytical View Post
    Hmm not sure if I know the universal greeting. I know "Nanu nanu", "Live long and prosper"...do they count?
    "Ba weep granah weep nini bong."

Transformers: the Movie.

I'll admit I can't actually place "nanu nanu".
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• dear ancients I was born in 1982 and I KNOW what nanu nanu is!

EARLY robin williams! *mork and mindy*
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• I can honestly say, I never watched that show. Then again, I'm not a big fan of modern sitcoms, let alone older ones.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• *slaps forehead* Doh Quintisans (spelling) and that junk yard place where they use commercial phrases (etc). Blame my lack of memory.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
            dear ancients I was born in 1982 and I KNOW what nanu nanu is!

EARLY robin williams! *mork and mindy*
            You only have three years on me. I have actually managed to never see more than single scenes from that show my entire life, and those only after I got the internet, which means after 1999. Never been a big sitcom fan, aside from The Simpsons (if you count cartoon sitcoms) and the Nickelodeon ones from the 90s.

Comment

• Was never really a fan either, but one of the few greetings from the time I could remember. *laughs*. Ok little bit of trivia here, don't actually expect anybody to get, and expect to have to hide my head in shame after...

Ok everybody knows in WoW there are the Horde. There was a TV show that had the Horde...and I will give a hint. Prince Adam's twin sister was the main character in the show.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
                Prince Adam's twin sister was the main character in the show.
                That right there is enough to identify She-Ra.

Comment

• Wow, color me impressed. Didn't figure many people actually knew He-Man alter ego. Yep, though the horde has been around even longer then the Mongols, to my knowledge this was one of the first times the name was used in media.

Comment

• never was a fan of he-man but HUGE fan of she ra back in the day
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Wrong thread. Oops
                      Last edited by Kheldarson; 06-10-2012, 04:53 AM.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Heh, Fred is pretty much just sitting back and relaxing..recovering from his experience.

Comment

• I never watched either show, but I have other sources. Now I just need to respond to your challenge. Only problem is taking my ridiculous collections of trivia and nostalgia, and somehow getting a good trivia challenge out of them.

If I could remember any of the characters' names, I'd throw something out from Space Cases.

Also, no, I have no idea just what Kheldarson is doing with this random researcher. I just figure I'll work something in eventually.

Comment

• Well, I have a horrible memory so you would probably be wasting your time. I remember the odd trivia, but nothing much.

Comment

• Dang. I'm just a wee bit younger then some of y'all (1987 here). Lol.
                              Most of those went right over my head. Except for 'nanu nanu'. Never watched the show but got the reference.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
                                dear ancients I was born in 1982 and I KNOW what nanu nanu is!
                                mork and mindy*
                                Hey me too

Sorry been a bit out of touch this week. I just sat for the Praxis* exam yesterday morning so I've been spending most of this week getting ready for it

*The test many states use for teacher licensure.

Comment

Working...
                                X