Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarah inclines her head just slightly before shifting her eyes else where watching the others with the nervous energy or a cornered animal.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Chanlin
      The being seems to start approaching them, at which point Eli shouts for the driver to floor it. He does, and they speed through the mists. As they pass through, dark shapes flit across the windows and a horrible screeching can be heard from all sides. Eli keeps firing a pistol seemingly at random through the windows, while trying to stay exactly in the center of the car, away from the windows and sides.

Dreamstalker
      "It's a sort of teleportation device. We've worked most of the kinks out, but it seems moving at right angles to reality makes the laws of physics rather angry with you. Whenever it's used, matter has to be sent both ways at the same time - apparently something to do with conservation of energy - and in as close to identical masses as possible. If it's not, then whatever excess comes through is destroyed. So we always have to give it a bit to ensure that both transports are the same mass."

About then, a green light appears above what seems to be the entrance to a cylindrical lift, and the agent walks up and taps a button to open the doors.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Fred was getting a little confused. All these people had not been in his vision. He was definitely alone in the vision when they made the official offer. While his visions could be difficult to understand sometimes, they were never wrong. He could misunderstand them, but he wasn't sure how he could misunderstand this many people and 'alone'. Maybe they would take him aside or something, no official offer money wise had yet been given, and he had certainly been here long enough.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Not being ready for the sudden commotion and motion of the vehicle, Doyle is pressed back against his seat for a moment. When the gunfire starts he plugs his ears and sinks down as low in the seat as he can go "Oy, is dat really helpin' any?" he shouts at Eli.

Comment

• "Ah. That makes sense, more or less. Any other warnings I need about this?"
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-08-2011, 03:42 PM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Mytical (And the rest of the Division 7 meeting room)
              Winchester turns to Fred. "You okay there, man? Looking a bit upset."

And about then Browning and a couple other people come back with refreshments. Including drinks that may or may not go against policy, but no one's going to go and tell anyone about that.

(And if I forgot to have Browning leave earlier, then pretend I did remember to do that.)

Chanlin
              Eli ducks down to reload. "No, not really. We've never figured out how to kill these things. Mainly hoping I can just encourage them to leave."

Dreamstalker
              "Stay inside the pod and never, ever send anything through unprotected. Oh, and never be standing near the exit when an unprotected or imbalanced load comes through. Excess matter is destroyed on the way out because, for some reason, fundamental forces fail momentarily. So whatever comes through tends to go up in a burst of heat and radiation."

The doors open.

"And finally, think about all of that as little as possible when using it."

She gets in.

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                Kheldarson
                "And that's a choice. See? It's right there. Agree or be arrested. Well, even that's not necessarily the case, but moving on to more important matters. How about this? I bring you on as a sort of free agent. The only thing you have to do is come with me for a sort of orientation meeting. After that, I bring you back here, and you get to do your own thing with two exceptions. One, you report back to us on the activities of any risky supernatural elements you encounter. Two, if I think your personal abilities would specifically be of significant benefit to a mission, I call you in for it. Beyond those two things, you get to keep on going as you have been."
                She leaned back and eyed him. Then eyed the exits one last time. Then sighed and shrugged. "I guess that works."
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Not really" answered Fred. "My visions are never wrong, but sometimes I mistake what I see. My vision showed me getting an offer from you guys, but never showed the others here."
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Doyle quirks an eyebrow... "What exactly are dese tings?"

Comment

• Kheldarson
                      "Good! Then we should get started."

And so to speed things along he gets her to Division 7 some way or another, and we'll come back to that.

Chanlin
                      "Good question. We've dubbed them the Silent Ones, or somebody who was feeling poetic did, anyway." The car finally gets out of the fog and the attacks cease. Eli sits up and relaxes after looking around to make sure no more are coming. "They just show up, pass through an area, and vanish. Anybody gets close, they cut them to ribbons."

And when they get to the local division and get out, he'll get to see that in person - the sides of the car are carved apart all along the length of the body. But anyway. Again speeding things along, they take him through the offices to our now-familiar extradimensional elevator, and then to the meeting.

Division 7
                      An agent leads another man into the meeting room. Everyone probably catches their names as Eli and Doyle. And not long after them, a surly young woman who looks about as happy to be there as Sarah. The young lady takes a seat, and the agent who lead her in walks to the front of the room.

"Hello everyone. Sorry to interrupt your days, lives, and current notions of how reality works, but we thought your time would be better spent with us. Officially, my title is Field Agent and Research Supervisor, and my name is classified information, but you can call me Mr. Black. Welcome to FEND."
                      Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 12-13-2011, 01:01 AM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

• (speeding thru things as well insert obligatory well that was weird comment about the transport system and the claw marks, I have not read any of the other posts about who is/is not here mostly so I don't have any above board knowledge to misuse)

Doyle glances around the room but remains quiet deciding that this is probably one of those times where it's wise to shut up and listen.

For those in the room: You see an agent wearing a pair of odd looking shades followed by a somewhat unremarkable man. The man is about 5' 8'' tall. (about 172 cm) He has a wiry athletic build and has a few days beard growth that is as fiery red as the hair on his head. He has a somewhat intelligent bluish-eyed gaze. He is dressed in a plain white t-shirt, a dark leather jacket, faded jeans and old somewhat worn sneakers. He is introduced as Doyle and gives a slight nod to the rest of the room at large.

For dragon-wings: He is feeling mildly scared, and you get the sense that he is on guard, he is otherwise calm.

For Everyone: If you happen to look away all you remember is that an agent wearing odd shades just walked in even though two people were just introduced you only remember the one. You still remember both of the names though. (for those with the prefect memory I'll let you decide, since I'm not certain if it is supernatural for you or not, as to whether or not you remember him. I was thinking you would forget him, but realize right away that you've forgotten something which would bug the hell out of you since that never happens. If the memory thing is not supernatural then you would just plum forget same as everyone else. However, it's your character so you decide )
                        Last edited by Chanlin; 12-13-2011, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Sarah glances at the new arrivals growing uncomforable, the strange one with the glasses that walked in drew her eye, and she stares unblinking at him for a long moment rather unsettling for it seems shes not looking at you but something in you.

Sarah shakes her head briefly before lowering her eye, hunching her shoulders, and folding her hands back around the coke she had been nursing since it was brought in forgoing "adult" drinks.

her ears perk up at the man introduced as Agent Black, already dismissing the name as a fake before he mentions anything, but listening.

"And What exactly is fend Mr. Black? I mean wierd shit happens all the time, its part of every day life....normals just make themselves see something else since their minds can't handle the truth...I mean...." she glances around the room smirking, "The Truth is out there isn't it?"

she quietly snickers to herself, but is still not looking at anyone in particular.
                          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Maya seems to sense something's about to happen and flattens herself down on the floor between Terry's feet. Soon after the pod starts moving, Terry shuts her eyes, deciding that the easiest way to do this is with as little frame of reference as possible, at least the first time.

As she feels the pod come to a stop (how long did that actually take?), she blinks hard and has to take a few seconds to reorient herself. "...Holy hell that was weird." As she gets up she stumbles slightly; for some reason her brain isn't quite sure which direction is which. "Ow. I'll be okay." Maya somehow is less affected by all this, and Terry grabs onto the dog's collar until she's a bit more steady on her feet. "Sorry about that. Lead the way."
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Joey Monfries spent the time before the meeting's start regarding everyone present, mentally profiling them based on their appearance, mannerisms, and behavior. He couldn't help this. It was his job as an FBI profiler, after all. He glanced toward the last two arrivals and the agents accompanying them. For the briefest of moments, his thoughts... knotted themselves. Two arrivals? There were three, weren't there?

He did another glance around and ticked off each person on his fingers, then looked down at them. Why was there an extra one counted off on his finger? He shrugged this off. It had been a long day, and he was still coming to terms with the realization that there were hobgoblins and other nasties around, not to mention people with abilities like him.

When Mr. Black finished his introduction, Joey glanced at the girl asking what it was FEND did. "She has a point," Joey said. "If there's one thing humans are good at, it's ignoring the things that don't fit into their nice, rational world-views." But, remembering the scene at Calverton, he added, "But the things that are out there that go bump in the night are dangerous. I mean, I just came from a crime scene that belongs in an abattoir, not someone's home, and she was slaughtered alive by something that wasn't human."

He eyed Black. "That's what FEND is for, isn't it? To protect the 'normals' from things like that."
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• ((An OOC point of clarification just since I realized I wrote my previous post with a point of confusion in it. The agent with the odd pair of shades is Eli which is one of the NPC recruiters/already existing agents. Doyle is not wearing shades

Comment

Working...
                                X