Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred pretty much already knew the answers to his questions, though it would have been nice to actually have had them answered. He access the database, and sort of chuckles out loud, and says. "That's the problem with seeing the future, ones own actions can change the outcome. Sometimes not for the better."
    Last edited by Mytical; 12-16-2011, 04:22 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I suppose that could be the case, though that might depend on what you saw. As to a prior question or two, yes, anyone who works in the field will be armed. There are too many risks to do it any other way. And you will be working with one or two other agents, chosen from the ones who recruited you all, and each other. And yes, we will try to set up partners to cover each other's weak areas. Ah, here's something important. Names. Beyond the usual reasons of anonymity, there are certain entities out there that somehow gain power over a person by knowing their name, particularly how they use it personally. That's why we never use real names in the field. You never know who might be listening. So I suggest you devise an alternative to go by when working out there. Then we get to work out partners and who needs what kind of training. And a few of you I might be speaking to privately."
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• "Sure. Maya obviously likes you; she has this talent for picking out the people she wants to associate with." Terry also finds the database very interesting, especially the section on "Awakened Animals" Hmmm...

"This is probably redundant, but I'm in. Way too interesting not to be."
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Fred nods. "Well it's not that I am not trained in various small arms, and hand to hand, but when my visions hit they can render me about as useful as an ice cube in the artic. As for a code name guess Agent Psych would be a bit odd, so I guess I will go with Silver. I like the color names."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Doyle looks around and clears his throat loudly hoping to get everyone's attention.

(this next bit assumes you look at him )

"Oi suppose Ghost would be an appropriate handle fer me. If we plan ta be werkin' tagedder den ya will want to spend time wit me. The more ya hang around me da less my ability effects ya."

Comment

• Sarah glances at the adult that cleared his throat so loudly listening intently to each of them speak, then after some thought says,

"well, I've been running and hiding most of my life learning to live under the radar, an able to smell a suit within 5 miles, so I guess I like the code name shadow."
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "I can see the invisible light spectrum sometimes; hasn't done me a lot of usefulness until now, but it might. I guess I'll take the name Ultraviolet." Terry indicates Maya. "Does she need a codename too?"

Comment

• Joey glanced up from his perusal of the Foundation's entry on "hobgoblins." He considered the topic of names, and spoke up.

"Code-names like 'Ghost'--" and for a moment he wondered who had recommended that name for themselves (Joey wasn't looking directly at Doyle, so he had forgotten the man's presence), but then continued with no pause in his speech, "--or 'Ultraviolet' is all well and good for some sort of Spec Ops team. But if we're going to be dealing with the public in some cases..." He shrugged.

"The trick to a good pseudo is that, while a person might automatically assume we're not giving them a real name, there's enough doubt there that they can't dismiss that it might be a real name."

Beat.

"I'll go with 'Newton' for mine."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• 'Agent Irish' states Siobhan sharpening her natural Irish accent. 'I wouldn't answer to anything else'
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• "Good point; I hadn't exactly thought of that. I tended to not deal with the public a hell of a lot in what I did before. Mine could be shortened to Violet for that purpose, then. Another one would just further confuse things."

Comment

• The newly minted 'Agent Newton' nodded to 'Agent Violet.' Violet was a bit strange to use as a last name, but he had seen stranger. "Just trying to be helpful," he said, as he looked back at the hobgoblin records he had pulled up on the smart table.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Doyle mulls over the point about dealing with the public and then realizes its mostly a moot point for him... "Won' much matter none. No one remembers me anyway.... is why Oi chose Ghost. "

Comment

• "No worries; you have a good point, I think so anyway. Introducing myself as 'Ultraviolet' would definitely cause me to be remembered, and I gather that might not be a good thing at times." Terry is perusing the Celestial entry with some interest.

Comment

• Sarah stares curiously at the dog that was in the room and lowers her hand, palm up, over the side of her chair, and with the tiniest of motions gestures the dog to come if allow.

she glances curiously at the adults, as they seem so absorbed in the reading, then a small smirk crosses her lips as she recalls with near perfect clarity all she had read, and quietly mulls it over.

"agent black....would firearm training be given for those like myself without any formal training?"
                              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Maya glances over at Terry as if to ask "can I, Mom?"; she nods, and the dog bounces over and starts demanding scritches from Sarah.

"I was gonna ask about training too; I've only fired a regular rifle twice and that was at a fixed target."

Comment

Working...
                                X