Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester turns to her. "Only if you like camping. Snipe hunts are when you get stuck in the middle of nowhere to locate unknown ENs with shaky evidence out in the wilderness. Crap like finding Bigfoot or getting evidence of Nessie. That sort of thing."
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Doyle quirks an eyebrow at the law enforcement comment, it was nice to have your suspicions confirmed. He glances after everyone as they leave and then back to those remaining and then at Mr Black, "So what do we get to do?" he asks.

(ooc: operating on the assumption that everyone will eventually leave the room leaving him, Sarah, Loren and Mr Black as the last ones left)

Comment

• Sarah remains quiet through all this till doyle speaks up, then she glances up with interest.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Terry narrowly stops Maya from knocking both her and Cassandra over. "Fey? That could be either the good or bad sort of interesting. What types are we talking about?"
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Black turns his attention to Doyle. "I'm going to have you doing a recovery job. You remember the bit about anomalous items? Good, that's going to be important. Now, to get things started, how about we take over the neighboring conference rooms and spread out into teams. Romanza, you get to organize going after the hobgoblin. San, I'm sure you have things under control."

She nods, and gestures for her team to follow her up the hall, which includes Savant, the one she came with in the first place, with Romanza leading Fred and Joey to a similar room in the other direction, and Browning and Winchester heading out towards the transports.

Cassandra's Team
            She answers Terry's question as the move down the hall. "The hobgoblin Romanza's team is concerned with is one example. Cannibals, basically, and very strong. Fey share a few traits, which is why we group them together, and believe them to be somehow related. First, they're very resistant to damage from anything but certain forms of iron. Second, they have a particular look about them, to our sight. And third, they're sociopaths to a one. Not to mean they're all killers, but they don't seem capable of seeing anyone but themselves as anything but objects."

Romanza's Team
            Romanza leads the two into a room similar to, but slightly smaller than, the one they'd just been in, and starts working on the table's display surface, bringing up a map of the mid-Atlantic coast, covering from eastern Pennsylvania down to the very northernmost parts of North Carolina, with a series of locations lighting up. "So, Fred, how exactly do your visions work? What triggers them?"

Black's Team
            "Well, now that we have the room to ourselves, we'll continue." He pauses. "Although I have to say, I like the part where I get left the biggest room. Makes you feel special, you know? Anyway. Anomalous objects are those random little items that pop up and either cause problems, or do things we'd really rather no one know about. Once had a key that would link two doors together. You'd lock the goal with the key, then you could unlock any other locked door with it, and you'd come out of the one you'd locked before, instead of passing through the one you had just unlocked. We're still not sure how that works. But this time we're going to be trying to get an item from someone's personal collection."

Comment

• Fred shrugs. "I have no idea..or if they actually have triggers. Can be something as mundane as a cat is going to knock over a vase to when an earthquake is going to hit. Though it seems the higher the stress I am under the more powerful the visions are, and the more relevant they are. The clearer, and more informative, the vision..the worse they hurt. As for how they work..it's like watching a movie in my head...only i am on the set of the movie. Nobody can see me, and I can move around .. sometimes..and sometimes it is too quick to do so, but I can't actually interact with anything, just see different viewpoints."
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Doyle gives a slightly bemused Grin, "So who be da someone we're gonona relieve dis item from?"

Comment

• sarah listens carefully to black a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Mr Black, this may seem a silly question, but my foster mother used to think we had a house goblin....you know....make things disappear even though you've looked the same place 50 times? then suddenly its there again....do they really exsist?"
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Joey nods to Fred. "My own visions-- I think the technical term for them would be 'postcognition'-- can be triggered by touching something." He shrugs a little. "Most of the time, what I pick up is so low-key as to be unnoticeable. But if something particularly 'strong' happened to it or around it, what I pick up is a lot stronger." He massages his temples. "It doesn't work when I touch a person or something living, except for bodily fluids, especially blood."

He nods to the map Romanza's called up, pointing to the dot in Virginia. "Calverton, Virginia. Most recent hob attack," he says, barely noticing that he abbreviated 'hobgoblin' like that. "The hob used a knife to butcher its victim, apparently made of obsidian."
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• 'So we'll be hunting fey' mused Siobhan interested.
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Romanza's Team
                        She nods, and taps the various locations to bring up short profiles of each incident. "The fey tend to carry items of ritual importance, and use them repeatedly. When we find this one, I really suggest you avoid touching that knife." The last part directed towards Joey.

"I like where Black was going with this grouping. I just really wonder if there isn't a way for you to see where it is now." And that one towards Fred.

Black's Team
                        "Hm... not that we've ever encountered. Now, there could be plenty of other reasons. A particularly mischievous awakened animal, certain forms of poltergeist, or the odd case of interdimensional slippage. Last one is always fun to figure out. Turns out most solid shapes are actually rather flimsy, 4th-dimensionally speaking. Things get a bit jumbled. Then again, maybe that's exactly what it is and you get to uncover a new type of EN. Anyway, to answer the previous question, there's a wealthy collector of oddities near Savannah, Georgia. Most of his collection is the typical 'Believe it or Not' garbage, but he's recently acquired something that caught our eye. A pair of glasses that somehow distort perceptions and lead to feelings of euphoria. We're not certain exactly what they are or how they work, because the agent sent in to investigate didn't have a chance to try them, only see them used by someone else."

Cassandra's Team
                        "Probably. But then again, I'm probably our most experienced agent, so a good number of unknowns get sent my way, too. I hope you're the adventurous sort, because we'll probably be getting all the weird ones."

She waits until everyone finds places around the table and brings up the touch screen again, this time displaying what seem to be new cases in need of investigation, and begins flipping through files.

"Mysterious disappearances, anyone? I've got three of those. Including one involving human trafficking. Hm, and a mysterious crime spree with indications of some sort of sex cult. And one... Hm. Well, this one is best left alone for now." She pulls the four files up on the display, while closing and removing a fifth.

Comment

• "You want us to steal glasses?" Loren sits back in mild disbelief.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "glasses are the second most commonly lost thing among humans you know....besides keys."

Sarah speaks a little more confidently now...

"when do we leave and how exactly are we getting there?"

Comment

• "Sounds like it could be interestin'" Doyle says noting the reactions of his soon to be partners. "Da details of how ta do it up ta us or ya already got it planned fer us too?"

Comment

• Black's Team
                                "You can handle the details, and I'll make suggestions if I think you're missing something. Aside from that, I'll just be letting you know how things are set up. The object is in what amounts to a private museum, where he likes to show off his collection. Doors are locked and alarmed, as are his display cases - reports indicate that the case the glasses are in is especially secure. We also know private security has been hired to watch the building when it's closed to the public."

Comment

Working...
                                X