Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doyle has to suppress a twisted grin as he walks up to the man in question, "Did you just touch my niece?" Without waiting for an answer he squares up and shoves the man.

Comment

• Black's Team
      He may stop short as the man's attention finally falls on him. Something about this person is so deeply unnerving that it's almost frightening. Shivers are probably crawling up the spines of the entire team as he speaks, and just being near him gives the impression you might be having more nightmares than usual in the next few nights. "I assure you I did not. But of course, you knew that. I suppose Black is already taking action, then. That's good, and I'll assume you have this situation under control. But I imagine you were hoping for a distraction. Perhaps I could provide one." He makes a small gesture, and the group hears a crash and screams from another part of the building. "Such an interesting fear..." He walks away, seemingly lost in thought.

(You were actually going to meet this character during the job anyway. This was just a good opening to introduce him.)

Romanza's Team
      (During the ride back.)
      "They're all wild cards, and we know of at least two who are openly hostile. There are no controls or checks on them aside from the Foundation itself, and they refuse to cooperate with us. We don't think it's a good idea to leave humanity's defense against the extra-normal to a half-dozen near-immortals prone to heroics."

And after they get back, anyone who cares to dig for it will find some reports and summaries on the Eternals.

(Too tired to write more. Cassandra & Josiah replies in morning if I have time.)
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• (i did NOT hack your computer and read your notes.................HONEST!!!)

Sarah turns to Doyle with the biggest WTF look on her face, quickly schooling it as guards rush by in the direction of the crash, just the right about of fear/concern on her face for anyone paying attention (IE guards), then quickly looks at loren.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Agent Newton - Romanza's Team

When they get back to the Foundation, Joey does whatever paperwork or filing might be necessary for an after-incident report, and makes sure to let the FEND-equivalent of a forensics department to pull the Cowboy's bullets out of the hobgoblin's corpse, clean the blood off of them, and get them to him as soon as possible.

While he waits, Joey reads up on the Eternals.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Doyle's jaw drops open, still poised for the shove that never came. He drops all pretense staring after the man. "Ell, do it and le's get outta 'ere."

Comment

• After catching up on rest (if needed), Fred will read up on the Eternals as well. Something just doesn't sit right with him.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Loren nods quickly, and makes the switch quickly. It's not the neatest thing--she fumbles it a bit--but she gets it done. "Get out of here?"
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Doyle starts toward the nearest exit, "O'im not sure why ya made tha' a question lass."

Comment

• (D&D game night tonight won't reply again till later)

Sarah follows closely on thier heels running through her mind the man they encountered running on autopilot behind Doyle, wondering who he was.
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Just to clarify. The fuck was that?"
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sarah scrunches up her face in thought then whispers in an almost scared voice....

"shit..."

Sarah hurries out of the building at an almost run, and stops in front of Mr. Black.

"um sir...I think theres a small problem inside....I think your records called it an Eternal?"

Comment

• Doyle comes up shortly after Sarah, "A wha' now?"

Comment

• "Nasty creatures, look like us....give people like us the heeby jeebies, gives normals that shiver down your spine feeling...all around nasty fellows."

Comment

• Fred paled as he read the files on the Eternals. So..that is what they were dealing with. Yeah..probably not a good idea to leave the fate of humanity in their hands. He did find it kind of odd that this one Eternal chose the same creature they were after, had found it shortly before they did (and not sooner), and then was around when they arrived..if it could move as fast as it had shown. Made no sense whatsoever.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Black's Team
                                Black half looks up from the newspaper he's reading. "That was rather fast and loud. Not at all what I expected from you. But you think you met one of the Eternals? Describe him to me."

A window is suddenly smashed out in the building. Black looks over his shoulder at it.

"Ah. So, let's get in the car and then describe."

He waves to where Frost is parked out in the main lot, then hurries over to the car when it pulls up, dialing his phone as he goes.

Romanza's Team
                                Both find their way to the same collection of files, summarized here. In addition to the basic information, there are a number of reports on the Eternals' activities. Notably, only a handful of very-recently-posted reports are outright negative - the older reports are more often neutral-to-positive, especially in regards to the "Wolf" and "Cowboy" Eternals. Scattered among the files are a few rather inappropriate discussions about both of those two - and some definitely inappropriate, shall we say, "speculation on activities". Most of the material of that nature seems to have originated with Researcher Kher and Agent Cassandra, along with some contributions from other (predominately female) staff.

As for Agent Newton, a bit past lunch he finds himself called down to the research department. R&D is, on the whole, an energetic and chaotic place, more reminiscent of a university science department than a government facility. However, forensics is a bit more serious, more what one would expect from such an organization. He's directed to a small lab, and presented with a baggie with the recovered rounds inside.

"There were more - a lot more - but these are the only ones that remain mostly intact." The researcher holds out the bullets with a gloved hand to ensure there's no contamination.

Upon touching them, Joey gets a series of flashes, mostly of what seems to be an old farm house where the cowboy spends most of his time, but the handful of scenes he sees of the outdoors are so vague it does little to help narrow down a location. A few flashes seem to be of other things the cowboy has taken out - all along the lines of hobgoblins and zombies, from the looks of things. Finally, there are a few scenes of what seem to be target shooting, with someone else holding the gun. In those scenes and throughout, he gets occasional glimpses of a black-haired woman. It's not strong enough to get very many details, but does give the impression of average height and an athletic build.

The researcher is waiting anxiously for the results.

Cassandra's Team
                                As Cassandra returns to the table, having said her farewells to the other woman, Savant suddenly shows up again. "Call came in, they need combat-capable agents in Atlanta for something."

Cassandra looks a bit concerned by that. "That's sudden. Should I-"

Savant shakes his head. "Stick with the current case. I'm still not convinced you actually need me on support. You know we'll both be fine."

She crosses her arms. "Alright. But come back to us in one piece. I don't want to be the one telling Claude and Cath any bad news."

Someone would have to be very perceptive to notice Savant going a bit red at that, but then he nods and runs off, calling for a pick-up as he goes.

Agents J & K
                                "Of course they matter. While there's not much of an official ranking system, pretty much everyone knows who's good at what, and they're treating accordingly." The agent stops as he gets a message on his phone. "Hold on." He spends a minute reading the message. "Alright, change of plans. I was going to give you an orientation before we got into the first job you'd be taking on, but it looks like that one's gone back burner. There's an emergency notice going out - an unidentified EN attack. They're playing it safe and treating it like an EN-4, calling in all the agents they can with combat experience."
                                » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Working...
                                X