"They um...they won't let me in. At all."
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Kheldarson
          "Let me worry about that. I know the owner."
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

"Well, you already know I am in. Something to note, however, is that I am best as an investigator. I .. notice things people don't..and sometimes things that take others microscopes to even see. My visions can also put me out of commission, so not exactly smart to put me in a shootout or combat situation. If you need somebody to look something over and tell you things you don't know .. I am your man. When do we start?"
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Okay...so I guess I'll meet you there."

So she attempts to clean up as best she can on short notice, which is why she ends up standing in front of a fancy restaurant in jeans and a t-shirt, trying to ignore the doorman.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

sarah raisies an eyebrow at the warning then hearing what sounds like the elevator blowing up she graps onto the railing as directed.
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                  Jay 2K
                  "No... everyone must have overlooked that." She actually does seem a bit confused by this - it may be that they honestly did miss it. As to his flash... he gets a rapid sequence of events, all in momentary flashes. A woman wearing the pendant. Someone forcing his way into the home behind her. A strange, oddly-shaped, almost ritualistic knife. An inhuman attacker - his teeth are sharp and pointed like a predator, his eyes are solid black, and his ears extend out to points. The attacker recoiling from the pendant as if in pain before tearing it off of her and throwing it away. Luckily, the vision ceases before he witnesses the actual murder.
                  Calverton

Joey gave a sharp inhalation of air through his nose as the flashes hit him. It was a lot stronger than most of the flashes he had, though far from the worst. He blinked rapidly as the instant of "insight" passed, and he looked... alarmed.

The attacker... what was he? Sharpened teeth weren't unheard of-- one of the earliest cases he'd worked for the FBI involved a killer who had filed his teeth to points, the "Cold Mountain Cannibal," as the press had dubbed him-- but those ears, and those eyes... Even with the small amount of insight he'd gotten as to the attacker from his flash, he knew those eyes and those ears weren't the result of some kind of weird surgery.

What's more, Joey could have sworn he'd seen him before. Him, or something like him. At the time, he'd chalked it up to lack of sleep. But that wasn't strictly true, was it? He was lying to himself, trying to explain away something that was Wrong because it just wasn't normal.

Come to think of it... he'd seen that inhuman attacker-thing (or someone similar) back during the Cold Mountain Cannibal case.

He became aware that Romanza and the other Suit were watching him. Joey glanced up, and narrowed his eyes. The sensation that they, themselves, were Wrong hit him again, stronger now, as if the contact with the cross and the flash he'd received had deepened his perceptions.

"What's really going on here?" he asked, standing, holding the cross in one hand. "Nothing about this case seems right."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Mytical
                    "Soon as everyone else gets here."

Kheldarson
                    The doorman is staring daggers at her regardless. Which stops when a man approaches, at which point the doorman snaps to attention.

"Mr. Black and a guest, Michael." When the doormen gives him a questioning look, he gestures to Loren and says, "Well? Come along, Miss Carson, don't keep the man waiting."

Sarlon
                    There's a sudden dropping sensation, a gradual rise in temperature, and then... a sensation, which proves extremely difficult to describe, but which can be approximated as the feeling of every single atom in your body suddenly moving in opposite directions from one another (albeit briefly), including at least four directions that don't exist in the everyday human experience. But then it stops and with a polite "ding" the transport system announces their arrival at Division 7. The doors open with another faint hiss, and a hint of ozone in the air (along with maybe a dash of "electrical fire").

Jay 2K
                    "That depends on your perspective. It all makes sense if I confirm something you already suspect, whether you're admitting it or not. And I'll be sharing our side of this story as soon as we hear yours. And which point you have my assurance you'll be hearing everything we know about it and what's happening. But first, your thoughts thus far?"

Comment

"Um...coming." She slips in right after Mr. Black, feeling very self-conscious. A coin starts appearing and disappearing between her hands as she walks through the restaurant to their seats.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Siobhan peers at the lift suspiciously.
                        'This is safe right?' she asks but steps in none the less.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Calverton

Joey regarded Romanza and the other Suit suspiciously. He fingered the cross a bit more, then spoke carefully and deliberately, marshaling his words and insights.

"Much about this case is reminiscent of the Cold Mountain Cannibal," he said at last. "But you know this. I worked that case, and I even noticed my reservations about the suspect that was convicted of those murders." He nodded, as if confirming something to himself. "And that's why you asked me to look at the file for these murders. Because there's a connection between the two."

He glanced at the murder site, blanched for a moment, but recovered. "I think this unsub is someone else, though. A copycat, most likely. There are differences between the Cold Mountain murders and these. The Cold Mountain Cannibal didn't stab anyone with a knife like these." Absolutely true, the Cold Mountain killer had used an ax, which was kept out of the press. "This was a blitz attack," he nodded to the door. "B&E, smashed open, and he moved fast. The victim didn't have a chance to defend herself."

He held up the cross. "The unsub tore this off of the victim and threw it aside. Now, that could have been just to get it out of the way for the rest of the assault, or it could have been for personal reasons. The unsub might have a thing against Christianity or its imagery, but I can't determine that from the evidence here."

He took a deep breath, thought a moment, then added, "But apart from the bite marks, there's no sign of any animal. No claw marks, even the most well-trained animal is going to claw at the meat while they're biting in."

He turned back to the Suits. "Now. You tell me what you think is going on here."
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

sarah raises an eyebrow trying not to look impressed but gestures them out and follows closely.
                            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Kheldarson
                              They're lead to an apparently private table off towards a corner of the restaurant. "So, how long have you been seeing things as they really are?"

Dragon Wings
                              Savant hits the button for "7" as they board the lift. The door shuts and the overall sequence is similar to the other one.

The woman answers her question as the system starts up. "Almost perfectly safe since the initial trials, so long as you make sure you keep everything inside the carrier and maintain a constant mass for the duration. Which is another reason for the carrier."

Jay 2K
                              "More similarities than you may realize. We're aware of a race of near-human entities which subsist on human flesh - two, technically, but one is practically defined by it. The other is far less likely. The Cold Mountain case and this stand out primarily due to the frequency of attacks and difficulty of tracing them. Our information indicates you have some kind of visions - and I'm certain you've been taking care to censor your reports to hide that. As to the religious significance of your find, this class of EN is not known to react negatively to religious imagery. What do you suppose the pendant is composed of?"

Sarlon
                              "And welcome to FEND Division 7. How was your first time moving at right angles to reality?"

They've departed into a hallway remarkably similar to the one they'd just left behind. She can look back to see some sort of mechanism pulling the lift they'd been in backward from it's position in the tube and moving a new one into place, seemingly with some sort of weights arranged inside.
                              Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 11-11-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

"interesting...so now what?"

her eyes are darting about the area, carefully taking things in even with a quick glance.

Comment

Working...
                                X