This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calverton

Joey stared in shock at the Suits as Romanza rattled off the case as they knew it. He was about to demand how they could withhold such information from the public-- then almost immediately realized the wisdom of it. There was a different wrinkle, though. But that could wait until he could digest everything that was just said.

Particularly the part where they said they knew about his "insights." His jaw clenched a bit. "I'd really like to know how you got your facts," he says. "But I suspect you two have something similar. Maybe not the same... insights that I get, but you see things as they are."

He sighed. "It's true, I get these... well, I call them insights, but it's more that I see things that happened. The actual events. And yes, I have to censor what I reveal. Giving up everything would make for... complications. Both personal," in the 'experiments' sense, "and professional and legal. After all, there would be no guarantee that the information I get from my visions could be admissible in court. No way to corroborate it if there's no evidence to support it." He eyed them again. "Somehow I get the feeling you understand that."

He lifted the cross and looked it over again. "As for this pendant, I'm not sure. It's not steel. Iron, maybe." He paused, recalling their talk of another race. "Another race, you said. Possibly the origins of the stories and legends about the fae and elves? Iron was said to be their weakness."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

She shrugs. "Dunno. Guess that depends on what you mean by that."
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Sarlon
        They're walking through a research area towards what seem to be offices.

"Now we take you to a sort of orientation meeting. Things will really get going once a few others arrive.

Jay 2K
        "There is some intelligence on you, Mr. Monfries. Not as much as you may suspect, but there were notes on what seemed to be occasional blackouts and surprisingly revealing insights. Both are common signs of a Perceptive with some sort of viewing ability. And you're actually right on the money with the iron. The ENs we associate with the 'fey' are nearly impervious to most weaponry - only a particular form of iron isotope inflicts lasting injury to them, and mere contact with it causes severe welts and burns on their skin. This is the origin of the association of iron and fey. This particular variety is known as a Hobgoblin, and it's done far better than the usual case in covering it's tracks."

Kheldarson
        "Notice anything unusual about your mark earlier today?"
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

"He had really sharp teeth."
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Calverton

Joey grimaced at the mention of blackouts. It was true, when he got his stronger flashes of insight, it could look like he was blacking out. But, he had to argue, spinning, like he always did. "I don't really like the sight of blood, and sometimes I feel faint about it. As for the insights, I'm a profiler. I'm supposed to be good at picking up on things. And I am. I wouldn't have been selected for the BAU if I weren't."

He knew they wouldn't buy it. He could tell just like he could tell they were... Wrong. Perceptives, they called themselves? Maybe that's how he could spot it about them.

As for the rest, he wanted to disbelieve. It felt Wrong like everything else. But at the same time, it... was correct. This was true, even if the rational part of his mind rejected it. But we left rationality behind when we left the office, Joey thought to himself.

"I don't know about Hobgoblins," he said, "but the iron thing would explain why it threw it aside so violently." He gave them another look. "You knew this was something of yours." He said it because he knew the weird cases like this were their bailiwick, and outside the scope of what he did for the FBI. "You knew it was one of these Hobgoblins. So why bring me in at all?"
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

*ca-chink* The sharp metallic snap echoed so loudly around the dark alley that James Doyle had to glance around a hope no one heard. For a brief moment he stared at the broken pick in the lock. Suddenly a wave of dread washed over him. "Shit, I knew that sweet deal on the new TV was too good to be true."

Without even bothering to try and retrieve the pick he started a swift walk-run out of the alley. The whole while he chanted in his head please wait till I get home....please wait till I get home.... His pleading went unanswered though. As he reached the mouth of the alley he turned the corner and fell to the ground as he met what felt like a really fleshy brick wall. The force of the unexpected impact knocked him to the ground. The telltale sound of breaking glass made him cringe for the second time that night. Moments later he felt a cold wetness begin to suffuse his socks, jeans and hands.

"Sonofa..." he whispered under his breath. He looked up with a glare... "Hey ya bloody heifer why don' ya look where ya be goin'." His glare wilted though as he met the gaze of the worst possible person he could have said that to. An angry black woman....

"Aw hell no..." Started the tirade. Before she could begin laying into him he got up and started to run the other way. He only made it thirty feet before he slammed into another wall of the fleshy variety. The shouts of the woman he had run into before were barely registering as he stared up at his new obstacle. This one was sporting a nice black suit, crisp clean white shirt and a black tie. He was also wearing a very flashy looking pair of shades and he had a similarly dressed friend just a few paces behind him.

"James Doyle..." He knew the man was looking at him even though he couldn't see his eyes. "...come with us."

(OOC: Plan for the shades to be special somehow so they let them get around Doyle's not my problem field. I figure they deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis so they must have something. Anyhoo.... TAG: to the gm's/st's)
              Last edited by Chanlin; 11-12-2011, 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

When the lift stops Siobhan is a bit queasy but she takes a moment too look around.
                'Please tell me that that gets easier. Or better yet that I'd never have to ride it again.' she says with a grimace.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Sarah can't help but stare wide eyed at the tech and research department, but stops her self short of drooling.

At the office she has her indifferent mannerism back on her face, heryoung face hard and impassive.
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Kheldarson
                    "And what else?"

Jay 2K
                    "As I said, this particular example was doing an usually good job of covering his tracks. He's also deviating somewhat from what we normally see - generally, hobgoblins prefer children as their victims. But beyond that, I wanted to see how you would perform. Our primary reason for contacting you wasn't this case, it was recruitment. In short, we're offering you a job with us."

Chanlin
                    One of the two goes to calm down the woman James had upset, and get her away from the scene. The other leads him towards a waiting car. Any idea that these two were normal law enforcement, or that they might fall victim to his ability to slip away, was dispelled when the one leading him away politely but forcefully suggested he not try anything the second James started to step away.

Dragon Wings
                    The woman sighs. "A bit easier. I'm still not fond of it, myself. Primarily because I remember the earliest trials, and the difficulty they had with equalizing mass."

Sarlon
                    As they turn a corner into the office area, she sees a flash of light and feels rush of warm air smelling of ozone as another pod arrives and two agents step out, leading another young woman between them. But the two she's with are hurrying her on ahead, and lead her towards an office where two agents are chatting with a man who seems to be another new arrival, like her.

Comment

She shrugs. "Don't remember. I don't try to pay too much attention to them." She scoots in closer to the wall as another waiter goes by, glaring at her. Course, the fact that this guy seems to have pointed ears doesn't help either.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Terry had just finished another test unit of the improved (if a microscopically smaller likelihood of collateral damage could be considered 'improved') particle throwers from the Boston Ghostbusters group when a knock came on the workshop door. Nah, it can't be Mike, he knows these won't be ready to go for another week.
                        "Hang on a sec!" She threw the parts into locked cabinets, cleaned up her tools and unlocked the door to see two official-looking men standing on the path.

"Oh hell. Were the neighbors [a half-mile away] complaining about the noise?" There was a reason she lived in the middle of nowhere.
                        One of them flashed a badge. "We're not the police, miss. But we would like to talk with you..."
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Calverton, MD (or possibly VA)

Joey regarded the Suits as Romanza stated all this. "Recruitment? A job?" he echoed. He raised his FBI credentials. "I have a job," he pointed out.

Yeah, a voice in his head commented. And you have to tread lightly and censor what insights you get, and sometimes you can't reveal it all and so the bad guy gets away or the wrong guy gets fingered.

Joey frowned as his thoughts argued with themselves. To give himself some time to work through that conundrum, he said, "Do these 'hobgoblins' tend to use ritualistic implements? I ask because in one of my... insights, the hobgoblin in question was using a ritualistic knife." He raised an eyebrow at the Suits. "Maybe that explains the deviation from their preferred choice of targets."

Comment

Kheldarson
                            "Because they look different?" He gestures to the waiter. "Don't worry, I see that one too."

Dreamstalker
                            "Would you mind if we came inside?"

He doesn't say it, but it's implied in his tone that refusing would not be a good idea.

Jay 2K
                            "A job where you have to watch what you say and can't use the full extent of your ability." She pauses. "But as to the other question, yes, some do. Which means there must be some other reason for the victim choices. The hobgoblin is finding something it wants in them."

Comment

Calverton

Joey glared at Romanza as she pointed out the obvious, as if she could read his thoughts. And there's a trick, he noted to himself. Who's to say she can't? He eyed her warily. Are you reading my thoughts?

"Eyebrows will be raised and questions will be asked if one of the BAU's best profilers up and walks away from his job," he pointed out. "And if I were to leave, I just know that Lindy will have someone keeping tabs on me, to see what I'm up to. And if it's not Lindy, it'll be Coates."

Fred Coates, one of the other members of his unit, found Joey somewhat creepy, flat-out stating to Joey-- not in public, and not officially-- that he thought he was hiding something, comparing him to Dexter. Never mind that Joey tended to get faint around the sight of blood.

Comment

The woman realizing the men in suits may or may not be cops wisely decides to leave well enough alone but not before shouting "That's right... serves ya right ya..."

Whatever colorful insult she may have been ready to use was drowned out as the car door closed after James. Fidgeting a little he looked around the car and then tried to not look nervous, "So lads, I don' suppose I could be convincin ya to come get me in a day or two? Dis rally ain' da bes' day to be gettin me. It's one o' me off days..." He makes no effort to explain hoping that whoever these men are, that's enough to convince them that his being in a car is an exceedingly bad idea at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X