Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She still had parts scattered everywhere, but she guessed that the her natural instinct to clean up first might look suspicious (exactly how, she had no idea, but better not to push it). Nothing looked particularly dangerous, unless of course you already knew what it was.

"Come on in; this is actually my workshop. The house is a bit more comfortable for talking. Right through this door." The actual house is a bit small, but a good deal cleaner; a few prototypes are under sheets on tables. A dog wagged her tail happily as the three entered the living room. "Maya, sit. Not on the couch, please." Terry indicated a sofa and some chairs. "Just sit wherever you'd like. Can I get you guys some coffee or something? You came quite a ways out here."
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-28-2011, 02:08 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

"Oh." Slight surprise at him seeing what she saw, but she tries to hide it. Frankly, all of this was starting to weird Loren out. And while getting dinner out of this was nice, this wasn't a healthy conversation in her opinion. "So...what's this all about?"
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

'Equalizing the mass? You know what? I don't wanna know.'
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Jay 2K
          "We can provide a cover story if you want. If only that another agency offered you a much better deal. And you don't necessarily have to begin immediately, nor work with us constantly. For the time being, you could simply be on-call, in a sense."

Chanlin
          "So it would seem. But I don't think you realize just what's happening here."

Dreamstalker
          "No thank you. And while that may be the case, we feel it was warranted. I don't suppose you know who we are?"

Kheldarson
          "The fact that you see what other people don't, can do things other people can't, and I'm part of an organization that could use someone like you."

Dragon Wings
          She's being told anyway.

"Oh, it's nothing too complex. Just that apparently physics gets very upset with you when you try to displace matter this way. So whenever one object is sent, another of identical mass must be received. If not... well, things can get a bit risky."
          Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 11-16-2011, 02:13 AM.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

"Hm...that's nice, but I've got a job already." And wondering how quick she could slip out of here.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

James looks at the man in black's eyes in the rear-view mirror. "Maybe not exactly, but I'm with a man in a suit in an unmarked car. That's never a good thing in my line o' work. Whatever, jus' don't go blamin' me if'n we don't get to where we're supposed ta be goin'"

Comment

Terry got a nagging feeling at the back of her mind that she should know who the men were, but couldn't put her finger on why she should know. So she opted for the less complicated answer. "I don't think I do."

Comment

[u]Location: Calverton[/b]

Joey considered the Suits' words. Despite his reservations about this nebulous organization, the prospect of being able to use his talents without worrying about censoring his reports appealed. And he didn't doubt that their organization could provide him with a suitable cover story.

"On-call to start would be a wise move," he said. "As I said, there are people who would ask probing questions if I were to up and leave. Building a cover story over some time before leaving for a 'private sector' job is the best option."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Kheldarson
                    "Most of which isn't actually legal, but hey, who am I to make a judgment there? I'm just trying to give you an opportunity to do things the easy way."

Chanlin
                    "We've been watching you long enough to have some idea of what you can do, Mr. Doyle. That's part of why I'm wearing these ridiculously cliche sunglasses."

Dreamstalker
                    "Well, rather than just jumping into an explanation, I have a question for you. Do you ever see things that other people don't? Or see some people differently?"

Jay 2K
                    "Strictly speaking, it's not private sector. Think of it as more of an international agency. But, since we have your interest, I'd like you to accompany us to a meeting at one of our more central locations, so you have a better idea of exactly what you're getting into."

Comment

"The easy way?" Loren glances towards the front door again. Maybe now would be a good time to leave. Despite not having food yet.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Terry thought for a second. Outside of the regional Ghostbusters branches that she did some equipment/analysis work for and a few local investigator groups, she'd never told anyone about her abilities after someone tried to have her medicated. That was interesting to try and sweep under the rug. I think I explained that away with 'bad pot'. Weird how that was accepted without any further question...then again, I think the person who was trying to have me put away was on some even weirder shit and didn't want to get caught.

"...Yes. A few times I've been able to see ghosts and things that could only be caught with infrared or ultraviolet film. I can touch some things and get a sense of who owned them. I also seem to able to communicate with animals, dogs mainly. I'm not exactly sure what to make of that though."
                        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-28-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

"Wait... watchin' ya say?" James sounds genuinely confused. "You some sort o' government types then?"

Comment

Kheldarson
                            "Yes. The easy way is my way, where I buy you lunch or dinner, explain that you're not the only one with unusual abilities and you're not seeing things because you're crazy, and then offer you a really nice and surprisingly flexible job doing neat things. The other way tends to involve tranquilizer guns, being labeled a rogue element, hunting people down, and getting disappeared. I really don't like that second way, so I hope you go with my version so I don't have to hand your file off to someone else who might be less friendly about all this."

Dreamstalker
                            "Roughly one in a million people are what we call 'Perceptives' and can see what is really there. A number of these Perceptives have additional supernatural abilities, though there's no telling what will show up or where. We're from an organization made up of Perceptives, who use our abilities to protect people from supernatural - or to use the term we prefer, Extra-Normal, threats."

Chanlin
                            "Something along those lines. We're part of an international organization called FEND. And one of our tasks is to find people like you, Mr. Doyle, who can see the unseen and do things most people can't."

Comment

Sarah glances at the woman who arrived, barely blinking an eye, and continues following the men. her eyes dart about without being to obvious, taking in as much information as possible, and noting any doors, stairs, signs, etc.

"so how many more freaks you got working here?"
                              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Terry mulls this over for a few seconds. "I was...well, am, but not so much in a direct capacity anymore..working with a few teams that did something similar but with conventional weapons and more in a reactive sense, which didn't always work and in a few cases made the problem worse."

"To be honest, I'd always been curious about other ways to get rid of the threats that don't involve extensive property damage; if you want to see the equipment in question there's some in my workshop. I'd love a chance to do something with these powers other than just analysis and randomly scaring people."
                                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-28-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X