This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kheldarson
    "Control factor? And of course I'm not threatening you. I'm just helping you make an informed decision."

Chanlin
    "Of course you have choices. We just think your particular traits might endager you or those around you. And would best be kept in a more controlled environment.

Jay 2K
    She looks it over. "Blackened glass? Obsidian, maybe. It supposedly makes an excellent cutting edge. But yes, we should be going."
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
      Jay 2K
      She looks it over. "Blackened glass? Obsidian, maybe. It supposedly makes an excellent cutting edge. But yes, we should be going."

Joey nodded. "Obsidian? Probably was. And it does have an excellent cutting edge. The Aztecs used obsidian for some of their ritual knives." He rubbed the back of his head. "Just... don't ask me how I know that."

He shrugged. "All right. Lay on, Miss Laska."

That he used her real name was a deliberate act on his part. He'd picked it up from the file she'd handed him back at the Bureau. These people have so many secrets, and he wanted to show them that he knew more than he let on. Though he suspected she knew that.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "I just need to grab a few more things and secure the stuff in the workshop." Terry disappeared into the shop where she dismantled and locked up the thrower she had been working on. She decided to grab a few of the plans she had just in case anything could be used.

She picked up the copy of Magicians, Martyrs, and Madmen on the desk and examined it for a few seconds. This thing's okay here. It's not like there's any energy sources here it could draw on...I think. Eh, if anything does happen, Eric said he'd be monitoring it. Satisfied that the workshop was secure, she went into her bedroom and tossed some stuff into a backpack.

One of the agents was scratching Maya's head and the dog seemed quite happy with the arrangement.

"OK, I think I've got everything. At some point I'd need to tell the team what I'm doing, but I'm not sure how specific I can be. That doesn't have to be right away though."

"So how did you guys get here; fly in from Santa Fe or what?"
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Jay 2K
          She pauses momentarily at the use of her name while getting in the car. "Please just refer to me as Romanza in the field. It's not exactly classified information, but there are reasons to be careful about our real names."

But they start back towards the Arlington/DC area.

"We'll go through Division 1 in DC. From there, we can get out to Division 7, which is where they've decided to do a sort of orientation session."

Dreamstalker
          "Colorado, actually. We'll be taking a private flight back up to Division 2 in Colorado Springs, then go out to Division 7 from there. As for your team, we can look at what they've been doing and maybe come to a mutually beneficial arrangement."

Division 7 (Mytical, Dragon Wings, Sarlon)
          Winchester turns to Sarah and Siobhan. "So Fred here gets glimpses of the future, and Browning and me don't really do anything special, but what about you two?"

Comment

• 'I am an empath. While most people can sense strong emotions I sense them all. It can be quite draining actually.' says Siobhan while wincing at the elevated emotions of those around her.
            'I also have a knowledge and passion for languages. But that's come with years of studying.'
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• "I never forget anything I've seen, read, learned, or done. I could tell you what I did at 3:46pm April 3, 1985...which I was having a snack with my foster mother and coloring while the news was playing a story about a railroad accident in pittsburg....I was 3."

Sarah goes quiet after that again, not quite brooding but her eyes are constant flicking about the room watching the people, anyone she can glimpse outside, and anything of interest in the room.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Joey let the comment on her name pass. As a federal employee (until his "transfer" could be completed), he understood about truename vs pseudo. There was more than one agent in the Bureau who operated under a pseudo. Though he also understood-- without knowing specifics-- that the Suits had other reasons for keeping their names secret.

When he was in the car, and she mentioned Division 1 and Division 7, he mentally filed this away. He had no way of knowing where Div. 7 was in relation to the others, but he would soon find out.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Fred perks up as Sarah talks about her photographic memory. He knew what that was like, he too had a perfect memory. "Its a pain alright." he sighs. "At least on the brightside, never have to worry about forgetting peoples names."
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I don't want to answer to people. And sure you're not threatening me." She's trying to gauge just how much a threat the situation is at this point.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Doyle quirks an eyebrow, "Oi have a choice? Din't seem dat way what wid all dis cloak an' dagger stuff. Oi suppose hearin' da sales pitch won't hurt me at least."

Comment

• Sarah looks at both of the agents.

"is there anything to eat in this place? forgive me but its been a few...er...days since I last had a decent meal."

Sarah actually looks sheepish at this omission, and ducks her head.
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• 'You know, I won't mind a bite to eat myself.' says Siobhan.
                          'Though I could use a drink after the ride on that lift.'
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• "That sounds good. I have some of our files and equipment diagrams on my laptop so you're welcome to look at them; nothing's really classified." She glanced at her car. "Should I take my car or ride with you? I'm guessing the latter."
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Division 7 (Mytical, Dragon Wings, Sarlon)
                              Browning nods at her question. "Yeah, there's a cafeteria up on the ground floor. I'll go up and have them put something together for everyone down here. Any preferences? Though alcohol isn't technically allowed..."

Winchester picks up. "Not that it stops anyone. Besides, I heard Black is running this little meeting. He'd encourage it."

Jay 2K
                              After stopping by his office to get anything he may want to bring along, they cross over to DC as she drives them to a smallish, nondescript government office building. She parks the car in a small basement garage and leads him down a hall into what seems to be more of a research and library area, though still the basement. And coming up to what looks like a smallish elevator.

"You're not prone to vertigo, are you?"

Kheldarson
                              "They may be rather less... accountability than you seem to be afraid of. In fact, the Foundation as a whole tends to encourage a bit of independence and self-direction. Keeps morale up, among other things. Besides, what harm could there be in just hearing me out?"

And even with her experiences, it's hard to tell if he's legitimately unconcerned, playing some sort of game with her, or suspiciously comfortable with a con. Though perhaps the feeling leans towards a blend of the first two - he's an arrogant jerk and riling her up a bit for fun.

Chanlin
                              "Of course it won't. But in the briefest of words, there are things in the world which aren't human - or possibly mortal. Some of these beings can present a major threat to the average person, so someone has to keep things in check. That's where we come in. We're the ones who protect the average person from things he'll never even know about." He pauses. "My superiors really hate me using this example, but it's like that Will Smith 'Men in Black' movie. Except with vampires and goblins instead of aliens."

However, at this point, the car comes to a stop. This seems to confuse the agent, and it appears as though this is an unscheduled stop. The one driving leans back.

"Sorry Eli, we're hitting some fog and I've got a funny feeling about it. I'm going to wait and see if it clears, in case we've hit a Path."

The agent who's been speaking to you nods. "Right, no need to risk a crossing encounter. Keep an eye out for civilians, too. We'll wait 15 and move on if there's nothing."

Dreamstalker
                              "That would be preferable, since it will likely be faster, and easier to get access to our building with one less security check."

They help her carry anything she needs them to.

Comment

• Location: Traveling; Calverton to the Bureau to FEND transit station

Joey didn't need to grab much from his desk at the Bureau. He simply grabbed his go-bag and left a message for SSA Lindy that he had some "personal business" that had come up and he would be back in a couple of days. If things got more complicated after that, he'd trust the Suits to come up with a cover story that would fit.

The nondescript building made him raise an eyebrow. The understated-ness of the building somehow fit with what few flashes he could get about the Suits' organization from his talent, but somehow he was expecting... more.

"Vertigo?" he echoed. "No. Usually only when it comes to big drops or heights. Love roller-coasters," he added.

Comment

Working...
                                X