This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    Chanlin: What do John Rhys-Davies, David Bowie, and Ernest Borgnine have in common?
    I was certain folks had lost interest in the game since no one asked for a hint or anything. --- They all have done voice acting for Spongebob Squarepants

As for BroSC's question, they both have Paul Giomatti or is it Giamatti? anyway, if I recall both movies lead actors are named Edward - Norton and Burns.

EDIT: Forgot to put up my question :P

What actor in a way reprises his most famous role in a recent (this season) cartoon series?
    Last edited by Chanlin; 04-07-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• John DeLancie effectively reprises his role of Q, though much more malicious, in the role of Discord in MLP:FiM.

Is that the answer?
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
        As for BroSC's question, they both have Paul Giomatti or is it Giamatti? anyway, if I recall both movies lead actors are named Edward - Norton and Burns.
        Actually, in the plots of the movies nothing is what it seems (at the end you see what actually occurred). Though, yes, both your answers were technically correct.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

• Quoth Andrew B. View Post
          John DeLancie effectively reprises his role of Q, though much more malicious, in the role of Discord in MLP:FiM.

Is that the answer?
          Aye that is correct such a great role for him too

Comment

• Woo!

What do the following actors have in common: Cary Elwes, Zero Mostel, Matthew Broderick and Cleavon Little.
            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Woo!

What do the following actors have in common: Cary Elwes, Zero Mostel, Matthew Broderick and Cleavon Little.
              They have all starred in Mel Brooks movies.

Cary Elwes (Robin Hood: Men in Tights)
              Zero Mostel and Matthew Broderick (The Producers)
              Cleavon Little (Blazing Saddles)

What do Peter Coyote and Dennis Weaver have in common?

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

• Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                What do Peter Coyote and Dennis Weaver have in common?
                They were both in "Easy Rider"?
                (They also did a second movie together called "Road Ends".)

Which of the following actors have played a US president (real or fictional) in a movie:

a. Danny Glover
                b. Robin Williams
                c. Ben Kingsley
                d. Nigel Hawthorne
                e. Gene Hackman
                f. Billy Bob Thornton
                g. Michael Douglas
                h. Burgess Meredith
                i. Peter Sellers
                Last edited by Ree; 04-28-2012, 11:43 AM.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
                  They were both in "Easy Rider"?
                  (They also did a second movie together called "Road Ends".)
                  I was looking for they both played Adam Grant in versions of The Twilight Zone episode "Shadow Play".

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
                    Which of the following actors have played a US president (real or fictional) in a movie:
                    b, e, f, g, and i, I think.

Comment

• I don't know that Burgess Meredith ever played a president real or otherwise though his is the career I'm least familiar with. Not sure on Hawthorne either

So im going to go out on a limb and say all of the actors Ree gave have played a President.

Glover was in 2012
                      Williams played Teddy Roosevelt
                      Kingsley was in Dave (became acting president, great movie too)
                      Hackman in Absolute Power, also a great movie
                      Billy Bob in Love Actually - an ok movie, my mom really liked it though
                      Michael Douglas in American President, one of my favorite movies (among many)
                      Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove also an awesome movie
                      Last edited by Chanlin; 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM. Reason: added the ones I know for sure

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        So im going to go out on a limb and say all of the actors Ree gave have played a President.
                        Yep! It was kind of a trick question.

Burgess Meredith played James Madison in a 1946 movie, "Magnificent Doll".
                        Nigel Hawthorne played Martin Van Buren in "Amistad" in 1997

I don't have a question.

Anyone?
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I'll go with a somewhat easy one.

What film famously cost less to make than its soundtrack?

Comment

• Clerks, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Clerks, if I'm not mistaken.
                              Yes that is right

Comment

• Awesome.

What was Zero Mostel's first Theatrical movie made after his blacklisting ended after the '50's?

Comment

Working...
                                X