This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chanlin View Post
    One last guess and I'll admit to googling for this one again. Oliver Tobias? If not then I am well and truly stumped.
    We have a winner!!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      We have a winner!!
      Hats off to a good stumper.

What do The Golden Girls, Babylon 5, and The Dukes of Hazard all have in common?

Comment

What well-known comedian is the son of a published paranormal researcher? Hint -- He followed in Dad's footsteps in more ways than one.

(edit: Oopsie. Chanlin posted a Q while I was reading/typing. D'oh)
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          What well-known comedian is the son of a published paranormal researcher? Hint -- He followed in Dad's footsteps in more ways than one.

Perfectly fine, more fun to have more than one question going in case we get a major stumper like Mooncat's

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
            they were all #1 radio hits, but close enough for government work
            Really? I was looking on Wikipedia and didn't think they all made it to #1 but maybe it depends on the country...anyway I'm glad I was close
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

Dan Aykroyd.
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                Hats off to a good stumper.

What do The Golden Girls, Babylon 5, and The Dukes of Hazard all have in common?
                they all had spin offs... Golden Palace, Crusade, and Enos.. All were also lasted only 1 season I think.
                Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                  more fun to have more than one question going in case we get a major stumper like Mooncat's
                  My concern was more of getting a whole slew of questions going at one time.
                  1 or 2 going at the same time shouldn't be a problem as long as some don't get lost in the thread.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Correct on both counts to DaDairyDruid all of the spin offs lasted one season or less

Comment

Since there isn't a current question pending, I'll go...

What one line appears in every John Landis film? (either spoken or printed)

Bonus: Where does it come from?
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                        Since there isn't a current question pending, I'll go...

What one line appears in every John Landis film? (either spoken or printed)

Bonus: Where does it come from?
                        "See you next Wednesday" is the quote.
                        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

In Invader Zim what planet was Zim banished to?
                          Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
                            In Invader Zim what planet was Zim banished to?
                            Foodcourtia

Unfortunately I can't think of a follow-up question right at the moment

Comment

Druid -- at which time? ^_^ Pre-show and again later during the show: Chanlin is right, Foodcourtia. Start of show: Earth. Later on: That military training planet.

In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (both books and film), Marvin's brain is "the size of a ______" ?
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                Druid -- at which time? ^_^ Pre-show and again later during the show: Chanlin is right, Foodcourtia. Start of show: Earth. Later on: That military training planet.

In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (both books and film), Marvin's brain is "the size of a ______" ?
                                I was referencing Foodcourtia. While Earth is a De Facto Banishment, I don't feel it actually counts as he is not AWARE it is a punishment, its just to get him out of the way of Operation: Impending Doom 2. and I forgot about the military training planet episode, I should double check my DVD's on that one, but that is probably more of an assignment then a punishment.

Marvin's brain is the size of a PLANET!

In the Alien Nation TV show Eric Pierpont was the alien and Gary Graham was the human. IN what different Sci Fi shows did Eric Pierpont play a human and Gary Graham play an Alien?

Comment

Working...
                                X