This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure (or not so much) music reference

This is a forum game where you take a song and come up with another way of saying it..and people try to guess it. However, you must include some info about it..like for instance the first year it was sung in english..

Example: Numerous Crimson Helium Filled Objects -1984 first year sung in english
    Answer - 99 red Balloons.

Try not to make them TOO far of a reach for the answer..you can also have a bonus question for who sang the song, but remember that a lot of songs have multiple artists. Also..one request per song to rephrase can be asked..so keep that in mind.

I will start - Area where hazards abound. - Reached no 2 in US Billboard hit 100
    Last edited by Mytical; 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    I will start - Area where hazards abound. - Reached no 2 in US Billboard hit 100
    Danger Zone

I'm late, I'm late - 1967 #8
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Since the last poster did not give one ...

Akin to talking to god - By the material girl herself.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Shouldn't bite this", from the album ranked Billboard 200 number-one May, 2005.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Mytical's: Like a Prayer.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Since the last poster did not give one ...

Akin to talking to god - By the material girl herself.
              Like A Prayer -- Madonna

present on a conversation with god 1986 -- by a band named after one man, sorta
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                "Shouldn't bite this", from the album ranked Billboard 200 number-one May, 2005.
                Hmm that and

both have me stumped I will admit.

Comment

Tee hee and it's a really popular song that everyone knows too
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Like A Prayer -- Madonna

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Hmm that and

both have me stumped I will admit.

The name of the album for mine is what you are (among other things) if you do the song title hint. The band is a very long metal spike.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                        "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails (it took some searching but I think I found it).

Here's my attempt:

Like Barbara Eden and Robin Williams - Billboard #1 song during the summer of 1999
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                          "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails (it took some searching but I think I found it).

Here's my attempt:

Like Barbara Eden and Robin Williams - Billboard #1 song during the summer of 1999
                          Genie In a Bottle, Christina Aguilera

And yes, you got mine right. Too sleepy to come up with another one right now though.

Comment

The Evening They Subjected the Established States Below the Mason-Dixon Line To A Severe Ass Kicking

There isn't one to solve, so...

Comment

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

hmm, who did that one??? Not sure I got the title exact, either

Ok, here's another one

Small Coin Pathway (1967)

Madness takes it's toll....
                              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X