Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the time that passes after his briefing into the 'Rift Cycles', Simon continues his research into the Rifts, still trying to find a way to potentially end the cycles completely and thus free the world from experiencing the chaos that the anomalies produce. He keeps the Fire Shard close to him, but doesn't claim it right away. His dreams, in those periods when he finally does sleep, often incorporate fire in some way.

The night before they ship out to Times Square, Simon finally does claim the Fire Shard, if only to be certain that it does not go into someone else's hands. When the siren blares and awakens him, and the reports come in, Simon has a terrible feeling. A Rift in New York? That brings back some very unpleasant memories. Specifically, it brings back the memory of the Long Island incident he had been a part of.

Even so, he heads to New York with the others, Simon gapes at the sight of the hulking green monster and the hammer-swinging warrior. He just nods in agreement with Chris' question. "As I recall, things didn't go so well for bystanders," he points out to Chris, and pulls his eye-patch up so he can look around with his Rift Sight, trying to find the Rift and/or the Dreamer that may be associated with it.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• No Rift remaining, it must have already closed. However, your Sight does show that a Shard is present, and powered. It is not much of a surprise that it leads you to a young boy (actually young, not an older person trapped in a young body). He probably watched a Hulk Vs Thor show last night..and here it is. Now not having a Rift is not as big a deal this time however, as Thor can transport he and the Hulk back..IF the Hulk can be contained.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Luigi goes over to the boy.

"Are you all right?"
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• The boy, probably thinking he is still dreaming, is having the time of his life. "Go Thor go!" he is cheering. When he hears Luigi he laughs. "Of course I am alright..Thor won't let anything happen to me!"
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Simon glances at the boy, and shakes his head a bit. Great, the kid had seen Hulk vs Thor or something and so the Rift had brought them to life. At least Thor would be benign enough. The Hulk, on the other hand...

He turns and focuses his telekinesis on the Hulk, trying to lift the gamma-powered strongman off the ground to keep him from continuing his rampage. Hopefully things would calm down and maybe they'd get a Dr. Banner when Hulk stopped being angry...
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• He is impossibly heavy for his size. Even at 10' tall he should not weigh that much. It might be easier to lift the buildings around him then him. You get him off the ground, but your power shard is draining fast to keep him there.

Thor flies down, the Hulk thrashing "PUT HULK DOWN!"

"Easy Dr. Banner. Can you hear me in there? You need to calm down."

"PUNY BANNER NOT HERE, THERE IS ONLY HULK!"

"By Odin's Eye, he has never been this bad before. Banner can normally keep him in check if he is talked to!"

"I don't know where you went half-brother, but you will not avoid my victory! The Hulk is mine now, and he will crush you..and I will rule Asgard!" comes an odd voice from the Hulk.

"LOKI!"

Comment

• Chris grins and walks over to the kid, "That is so cool isn't it." He sounds genuinely excited since he's a comic book fan himself. "You know what would be fun. We should go meet Thor and the Hulk. I've always wanted to talk to them myself." He gently takes the kid's hand and will start to walk in the direction of the two heroes as long as the kid doesn't resist.

Comment

• He arrives just in time to see/hear the above. The kid claps. "Now Thor has to find Banner and get him back with the Hulk!"

Comment

• Chris hopes in his mind Loki is just like in the comics and raises his voice, "Loki you miscalculated here. Tricking your brother into fighting the Hulk is brilliant. But choosing Earth as a battleground was a mistake. Thor isn't the only champion here and if you both know anything about us Puny Humans its that we get stronger when you knock us down. What do you think is going to happen if Earth's other champions show up to help out and realize you're behind this? I'd be willing to bet the formation of one of the Earth's most formidable team of champions! What do you think? Are you willing to gamble on it?" Behind his back Chris has his fingers crossed.

Comment

• For Luigi, it's hard to believe what he is hearing out of Chris. He walks toward the big green Hulk, not at all sure what he should be thinking at this point.

He stops, and looks at the Hulk, then looks around for Loki, preparing to use his reflection power the moment it's needed.

Comment

• Lucky for him, it is not needed. The amount of power that the Hulk can generate would blow through his power. (It would deflect a portion of it, but even when the shard is full strength it would not block it all). Thor looks at the group. "Fear not, I will take the beast to where we can make him whole." He holds up his hammer, calls out "FOR ASGARD!" and a huge bolt of lightning (from a clear blue sky) envelops him and the Hulk. When the group can see again, they are both gone.

The boy is clapping, having a grand old time. It's hard telling what powers he might have..if any.

Comment

• ((Since nobody is doing anything at the current time, skipping ahead a few days))

The boy and the girl seem to get along, despite their actual age difference. The boy has a shard, fully powered, but shows no signs of actual powers. Just seems a normal, everyday boy. Nobody has come to claim him, and for some reason he does not remember anything before the Hulk/Thor throw down.

However, his power finally begins to show itself...

His eyes go pure white, and his voice takes on an echo "The dead shall walk tomorrow in Miami." Then he goes about his business as if nothing happened. He seems to remember nothing about the last few minutes.

Comment

• Luigi spends most of his time trying to tend to the boy, as best as his knowledge allows him.

"Definately got to give him access to a much different type of media. He's bringing the violence he sees in media to life."

He offers the young man peaceful entertainments. He will, however, warn Kathleen to stay out of Miami.

Comment

• Simon takes the revelation about the origins of Thor and the Hulk-- and the young boy being the Shard-bearer-- in relative stride. If anything, he just looks weary about it. Luigi's supposition about the boy's powers makes him groan in dismay. "Please no," he sighs. "The last thing I want is a real reality-warper like that."

He continues his research, compiling the data gathered from Griffin and still working on finding a way to break the cycle, to find a way to stop the Rifts from forming altogether.

With his claiming of the Fire Shard, he has an amulet fashioned for it, a pewter frame to hold the Shard in the middle on a simple leather cord. He keeps a separate journal to note any changes in himself that he might notice, as well as whatever powers he may manifest as a result.

The boy's sudden bout of prophecy gives him pause, and he makes sure to alert the Company to be ready to respond to any events in Miami.

Comment

• Chris, like Luigi, takes to the new kid, but for very different reasons. To the rest of the team it seems as though Chris has taken on the "big brother" role as he will spend time with a play with the kid at least once a day if not more.

When the revelation about Miami is made Chris manages to keep his reaction neutral though for a moment it seemed like he might have to pick up his jaw lest he become a new airport of the insect variety.

He muses out loud later when they are away from the kid, "I wonder if he meant Miami, Florida or one of the other cities named Miami."

Comment

Working...
                                X