This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **TED**

He finds several things that catch his geeky eye, the more valuable stuff being in cases of course. An Older gentleman, either the owner or at least an employee, watches him closely as Ted browses slightly unnerving him.

----------------------------

**Josiah**

though he came in late to the game, he finds the pace rather easy to catch onto. There are the obvious inside jokes being thrown around the table, old stories being retold (a few that even though he wasn't there for still finds humerous), and even finds himself regaling them with stories from his own group back home.

Remy speaks up after a few hours, "hey we need to call it soon, Mark is gonna close up the shop soon and doesn't like us playing here after hours."
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah nods, "So, uh, when's the next session... if I'm still invited?"

Comment

• "Tomorrow actually...we have another guy that normally plays to, but he had some....issues tonight and couldn't make it. If you'd like to come, come around noon...we'll game till the sun comes up....or we all pass out!"
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah nods as he walks out the door, "Noon, here? I'll be early. Hey, is there any place in town that deals with the uh, natural foods? You know, like Virgil's root beer."
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-07-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Ted goes up to the person minding the store. "I don't see a Marvel Spotlight No. 5. Wouldn't know where I might get one, or an all American comics number sixteen?"
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• **Ted**

"we're closing...come back tomorrow."

The man is rather gruff and all but pushes him towards the door as Josiah and his group come out of the back room.

Comment

• Ted departs, now having an excuse to come back the next day.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah gave everyone a smile and -if they accepted- a handshake as he left. On his way out, he looked around quickly, spotting the tiny selection of Chessex dice.
                  In his heavy accent, Josiah greeted the owner on his way out, "Nice store, Sir."
                  Outside, he tried to keep his distance from Ted, as if he didn't know him and was only just happening to be going the same direction. A block from the hotel, Josiah called Ted's cell.
                  "Sorry to snub you, Ted. It's just part of this job; we're gonna need to keep it up until I make the snatch. I'll explain in the room."

Comment

• "Understood..going to grab a different room just to be on the safe side..they may check you out..and seeing you anywhere near the stuffy old man might be a bad thing. What is odd, though, is I mentioned two of the mechas of comics..and not even a twinge from the person running it. I must be older then I thought if people in a comic shop have no clue which comics Ghost Rider and Green Lantern first appeared in."

Comment

• "Ted, *I* don't have a clue what you're talking about, and I owned a box of comics until my father sold 'em in 1988 because he didn't understand Attention Deficit Disorder at the time. Anyhow, let Artie and Samara know about what you noticed. And about the extra room, don't bother; I just found a fish'n'chips place."
                      Josiah hung up and ordered his food, keeping an eye out, even though his gut told him he was over-reacting.

Comment

• A little over an hour later, Josiah snuck out of the service elevator and down the hall to his room. Inside, he grabbed his laptop from his suitcase and booted it up. THe next two hours saw him focused so entirely on what he was doing, he seems deaf and blind.
                        He got onto several web-forums dealing in conspiracies, and began researching claims.
                        Crop circles are done by Red agents. "Busted."
                        Another Agent Orange spraying in White Sands. "No. Disproven twenty years ago."
                        Kennedy was shot by Mr. Spock. "Who the f*** was smoking what?!"
                        Gary Gygax was an agent for Neo-Nazi elements in Japan. "Okay, THIS I gotta answer."
                        Taptaptappity-tap, tappity tappity tap-tap.
                        "Dear Z0Rlon9302. WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU SMOKING?! Gary Gygax was nothing more than a brilliant man with an idea. READ and RESEARCH your claims. Doofus." Josiah added fifteen legitimate websites and sources to the five-paragraph reply, then crawled into bed.

Comment

• **Ted**

Waking ted from a deep sleep he hears knocking on his door. Not pounding like an emergency, but more then subtle enough to wake him up. glancing at any clock in the room his mind registers its nearly 4am.

Comment

• Ted makes his way to the door, opening it just enough to see who is outside. "Yes?"

Comment

• his mind registers enough to see that its Samara as she gently pushes into the room, carrying a duffle bag, and a few file folders under her arm. "So sorry to wake you I just got into town, dead tired, and the hotel has no open rooms tonight...I'll take a patch of floor if its clear"

Comment

• Ted shakes his head. "No, you won't." He grabs a pillow, and before she can protest lays it on the floor, and is laying on it. "Goodnight." He says still half asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X