Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted gets this icy feeling in his spine. His Tesla is out but covered in an instant, and he wished he had found out if there was a back way out before coming in. He had a feeling either he was about to lose the guy out the back, or was about to get attacked.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah kept pace with the game, keeping an eye out for an opportunity to snatch the dice. During the break, he sat facing the new DM, watching carefully.
      Okay, pal. What's you next move? You may have thrown level 20 monsters at a level 10 party, but we're still here. Now, how can I get those dice, and how do I ascertain they're the right ones?

Comment

• **Ted**

The young man comes out of the back room with a frown and a file, just as the bell over the door tinkles indicating that someone else is entering the shop.

"I'm sorry sir, seems someone else just bought it last night on auction."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Too bad," Ted glances to see who is coming in, half expecting to get hit from behind. "I was ready to pay very good for them."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• **Ted**
            Three thoughts rush through Ted's head as he glances behind himself...
            1. holy crap its a woman in a comic store
            2. is that Samara?
            3. WTF IS SHE WEARING?! (black baggy parachute pants complete with chains covering all the way down to her feet, skin tight black tanktop revealing a gold dragon in a circle around her upper arm, her hair messy as if she just crawled out of bed, no make up though)

As his brain finishes rebooting, he notices that shes ignoring him completely other then a brief glance a stranger might give another stranger upon meeting eyes in a small shop.

The man speaks first, "Ah Ms. Raven, I'll have your comics ready here shortly, new customer came in looking for something," he turns back to Ted, "The Buyer should be in later today to pick it up and pay for it, I can't promise he'll sell it, but it never hurts to ask. Is there anything else I can help you find?"
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah left quickly, looked about and spotted Ted and Samara. On his way to the restroom, he bumped into her.
              "The DM has the dice we seek," he whispered, then vanished into the bathroom.

Comment

• gives him the faintest of nods before screeching, "GOD!!! MEN!!! ugh!"

she turns a withering stare on Ted, before turning back to the man behind the counter, "Hey, John said he was holding something else I bought online and didn't realize you had here locally...I was coming by anyway, mind if i just pick it up?"

Comment

• Ted looks back at the guy. "Well..I've been looking for a Marvel Spotlight No. 5, or an all American comics number sixteen." Wouldn't know where I can find one would you?

Comment

• he pokes a few keys on a computer, while talking "good taste sir, number five origins of Ghost Rider, hrm...you're in luck we have one left....$800. If you'd like to think on that you would mind me pulling Ms Raven's order?"

Comment

• Josiah rejoins the game in time for everyone to sit back down, and keeps watching the dice.

Comment

• "Sure, go ahead. I'd need to know the condition of it before agreeing to the eight hundred price. A nine point 5 or 6 maybe.." he smiles. He knows his comic books.

Comment

• "You know hes charging you to much for it right? They like to jack up the prices to out of towners." Samara smirks at him, as the young man ducks back into the back room, where he emerges with a good sized box under one arm, and VERY carefully handling a hard plastic case which he is handling with REAL kid gloves.

"I'm sorry sir but unless you wish to buy it I cannot remove it from its case, but you are welcome to examine it as closely as you'd like. Ms Raven, your purchase along with the auction comes to $5,689.98, but I believe this gentleman wanted to try and counter your offer for the shirt and phaser."

When ted moves to examine the comic perfectly preserved under thick hard plastic, the grading scale from The CGC, with a grade scale of 10.

Comment

• Ted looks at the comic. "That may be the case, but for such a perfect condition, it is still a low price. With it's purchase, however, I am afraid I'd never be able to counter your offer on the other items. So I will take the comic." Thinking to himself 'We have got to communicate better.'

Comment

• A faint ghost of a smile crosses her lips as she pulls her wallet out of a pocket in her pants, and pulls out a black american express centurian card. After signing the slip she winks at the man then calmly walks out of the shop, with her box under one arm.

"Not one to gossip....but that lady comes here twice a year and buys the oddest things...not local though....so....are you interested?" He gestures to the comic.

Comment

• Ted nods. "Keep an eye out for the other also. Let me know if one becomes available." He buys the comic and gives the guy his card. The chance of a shop having both in mint condition would be rare, but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X