Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing the words "firing range" got Josiah's attention a bit more quickly than it would have most. Soon, he was at Samara's heel, eager to get things going.

Comment

• "No I am not much one for carrying guns either. Go ahead without me."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• ((sadly tyger had his schedule flipped and won't be home till late tonight...!!!Warning!!! Season 4 premires tonight while tyger is at work....I may be coming back with new ideas))

"Alright then, Josiah put your tounge back in your mouth, and lets go. Ted we'll be done about dinner time if you wanna join us in town?"
        Last edited by Sarlon; 07-23-2012, 10:23 PM.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• ((~wanders back in with the biggest most shit eating evil grin known to man kind~ oooo this season starts out good....LOTS of ideas....and this is only the first episode))

((side note...Tyger sent me a text earlier with permission to NPC his firing range test without him.))

Samara leads them out to an indoor firing range with an out door option as well.

After him filling in his life history from practically conception to current, giving him a very extensive firearm safety course, and inspecting his weapon. She begins to explain about the type of test she will be subjecting him to, explaining about the necessary background check, recert for a license, and a general over view of what they would be doing.

After answering any questions he might of had she finally leads him into the indoor firing range, completely empty of people besides the two of them. Putting on both her own eye and ear protection (both varying shades of deep purple), she gestures for him to do the same.

As he steps into the range with his gun in hand, pop ups suddenly start appearing in front and around him, literally split seconds for him to make choices. His first he misses by a country mile, even after having had explained what was going to happen. His next few are almost near perfect shots, him missing the "civvies" that were popping up among the intended targets.

As he slides into a comfortable rythem, he sees Samara pooping up exchanging "friendly" fire, her often behind or REALLY close to targets he had intention to hit, after 2 near misses the session finally stops, Samara walking over to him with a grin on her face sliding the safety over her own gun and indicates that he should do the same, removing both eye and ear protection.

"Nice shooting slick, your reflexes are almost as good as mine. Felt the breeze a few times, don't worry though the hair will grow back. I'll look over the footage tonight and send in my recommendation, but from what I could tell you did really well. The indoor range for normal shooting is through there, and the outdoor range if you want for the bigger targets are out back. We've got...another hour of time booked, so enjoy yourself. Ask Al at the front desk for more ammo if you need it."

She wiped the sweat from her brow and walked out towards the outdoor firing range, leaving him to do as he wished.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah shrugged, talked to Al.
            The next hour saw Josiah burn through four boxes of ammo as he went through the course twice more, trying to get better by using the pointers she'd given him. Finally, his time was up, and he noted his grouping was tighter, his aim steadier.
            "I'll be a monkey's niece's shagger," he muttered, stuffing Nightmare in the back of his belt after clearing the weapon almost obsessively.

Comment

• Al signs him out and offers him a paper with rates for the firing range and hours of operation (the site being no more then 15 minutes from town). He mentions that Samara is still on the outdoor range but to watch his step and stay within the marked boundraies for his own safety.

He doesn't see her at all but random targets of varying sizes at a good 300 yards distance were suddenly exploding with no more notice that a sight of it shattering as something struck it. He sees the signs and walk ways to steer clear of the firing range that lead to where shooters could set up. Only when hes practically on top of her does he find her laying flat in a nest with a rather impressive sniper rifle laying out. about 6 empty boxes of ammo lay near her, next to a duffle bag containing her sig, and a few other guns he can't readily identify at first glance.

"Time up already? dang...Got 2 more shots in here if you'd like to give it a try...I'm trying for the topmost target on the far left."

She stands up stretching her back and removing her ear protection.

Comment

• "Holy crap, WHERE did you get a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle?!" Reverently, Josiah snuggled into the weapon.
                Looking through the scope, he asked, "Please range me, Sam?"
                Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-24-2012, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• "Let the weapon speak to you, treat that trigger like its the most precious thing in the world, it will range itself."

He might look at her oddly but as he shifts the weapon just slightly to a position thats a little more comfortable, he notices as he takes a deep breath in, his finger slides over the trigger and fires off a single shot with almost no kick back and hardly more then a puff of air from the rifle itself to let him even realize that the weapon fired, as he exhaled.

He notices at that same second, that one of the targets down the course explodes at almost the exact second that he pulls the trigger, but sadly not the one she had mentioned.

Now ready for it, he lines up the cross hairs, takes another gentle deep breath, then fires on the exhale, this time nailing the target she had mentioned with such accuracy it could not be contended.

Comment

• Josiah's exclamation was not one that should have been thought, much less said. "That was... 950 yards!! Oh my god, I LOVE this rifle! What's the story on it?"
                    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-24-2012, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• "I'll tell you the story only if you SWEAR you won't tell Artie that I took this again...."

She looks at him in all seriousness, "You seem to know your guns, you know of white feather Hathcock? Well according to legend, he out sniped a sniper by firing milia-seconds before the other guy did....as they were staring down the scope at each other. Put it right through his eye and killed him instantly, fair warning....You'll have a black eye in the morning."

She picks up her bag after taking the rifle back from him carefully, placing it in the bag and zipping it shut.

"We actually have Hathcock's rifle in the warehouse that sits near this beauty."

She signs herself out of the range and continues onto the car.

Comment

• "I'm seriously hoping you don't mean across the aisle, Sam. That would be ba--" Josiah winced.
                        "Aow. Uhk... Nhn. You weren't kidding about the shiner, were you?" Josiah rubbed his eye. Walking inside, he stopped. Confused, he looked back outside, then shook his head. "Naaahhh."
                        At Sam's look, he replied, "It's nothing."
                        Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-24-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• "I've got some good foundation that will cover that up and still let you feel like a man, artie or Ted asks? We were sparing and you didn't duck fast enough."

She grins and then noting his look back and discomfort she says, "hey...if you have gut feelings, no matter how stupid they may sound in your head, never be afraid to speak up."

Comment

• "Then I want to go back to the warehouse, check the shelves, then check the 'Net. Something's not quite right."

Comment

• Upon returning to the warehouse, Josiah sat down at the computer and began a thorough search for GySgt. Hatchcock, his rifle, and his nickname. Seeing the results, he cross-checked the warehous'e inventory. What he found chilled his bones and turned his blood to ice.
                              "Oh my God."
                              Bolting out the door, he sprinted down the aisles, finally finding Sam as she was putting "Cobra"s rifle back on the shelf.
                              "Sam! We've got a problem!"

Comment

• She looks at him curiously for a half second, her hand being raised from placing the rifle back in its spot next to hathcock's rifle.

Comment

Working...
                                X