Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next morning at when Ted gets up, he sees a manilla envelope has been pushed under his door. INside he finds a blank check made out to some auction house, signed by someone hes never heard of, and in the memo part says, "Auction for item number 34467993125768."

Also in the envelope is his passport (or a new passport), and an file folder. Inside the folder he finds several pictures of a rather ornate golden chalice encrusted in gems. Information names it as Mary, Queen of Scot's personal drinking cup from back in the day.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• He whistles. He has never seen a blank check before (not like this that is). Since it is not time for him to leave yet, he starts doing some research on Mary, Queen of Scots.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• The next morning Ted finds Samara down in the dining room with her normal 6 empty plates around her reading the newspaper while nursing a cup of coffee. The paper once he looks a little closer at it appears to be one of those supermarket tabloids.

"Morning, excited about your trip today?"
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah staggers in, his clothes for yesterday wrinkled, his hair as wild as a jungle, red-eyed, with a massive 5-o'clock shadow. He slaps five sheets of paper on the table, then staggers off to find the coffe maker empty.
          His whimpers could be heard in the next room. "Why... why is the coffee always gone?"

Comment

• Samara chuckles, "Cause leena won't buy 3 coffee makers. Coffee beans are up and to the right, or you can get cleaned up and we can grab coffee on the road, we've got a long drive ahead of us."

Comment

• Josiah whimpers as he drags himself upstairs.
              Meanwhile the five pages turn out to be double-sided and written in tiny, 8pt font, covering details on the victims.

Comment

• She turns to ted as she folds up her newspaper, "Hey your flight leaves at like 3 this afternoon, Leena is gonna drive you to the airport....and if Artie asks where the cookie jar is say you swore you saw it back in the warehouse....I have a feeling Josiah will sleep most of this road trip and i need my energy to drive."

She pours herself another cup of coffee from the carafe that she had tucked behind her newspaper and giggles, then begins skimming over the papers that Josiah dumped on her, flipping over the pages and seeming to spend no more then a few seconds on each page.

"well this should be an interesting case....you have fun in england, fairly tame assignment actually...you're bidding on a cup that Mary 1 used from almost birth. alot of death and murder followed that weird woman, and that cup turns any liquid you pour into it into the most deadly poison. You have a pretty much unlimited budget for buying that cup just make sure you win it."

Comment

• Twenty minutes later, Josiah was back downstairs, a black backpack on his shoulders. He was dressed much as he would have for work back home, but had a light gray casual dress shirt over the outfit.
                  "Three days' clothing, laptop, shoulder harness, and Nightmare. Take me to a coffe-joint that won't charge me $50 for a large black coffee, just black, with darkness." He still looked like he had, just cleaner, and unshaven.

Comment

• Samara folds her paper under her arm, "You have a safe trip Ted, bring me back some Rolos."

She leads Josiah out the door picked up a small backpack herself and her purse, today she dressed modestly in a pair of loose fitting jeans, and a peasent style blouse, her long hair pulled back into a pony tail. 5 minutes later finds them on the outskirts of town where she pulls into the parking lot of a tiny mom and pop type store, where she parks and walks in, picking up snacks, cold drinks, a big bag of ice, and 2 cups of coffee. If josiah went in with her the coffee shes pouring into 2 travel mugs is deeply black and smells like heaven.

After paying for everything and filling up the gas tank, the loads all the purchases into the car, then reaches into the glove box and pulls out a small manilla envelope and hands it to Josiah. "Almost forgot....we got a rush on this and it came in this morning with the papers."

Comment

• After finishing off the coffee, Josiah opened the envelope "So what's the deal?"
                      When Samara reached for her cup, she found both empty, and Josiah reading innocently.

Comment

• ((Sorry seemed to have missed several updates in a row))

Before he goes, he asks Artie if anything is known about the cup. If anybody will know, Artie will. He likes to be as prepared as he can get.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Inside he finds what looks like a leather wallet, VERY slim. Inside the wallet is a picture of himself (from his most recent DMV photo), with a bunch of gibberish (though written in plain english), but the thing that stands out is the stamp ontop of the gibberish that states "United States of America Secret Service Agent". On the other side of the wallet is a badge.

With one hand on the steering wheel still she pulls out one similar though A LOT more worn, the gibberish is mostly the same, hers giving a few more perks, but if hes reading the date right, shes been an agent with the secret service since 1989 (it being 2012).

"One crack about my age young man and I'll leave you here in the middle of the road."

Shes smirking as she reaches behind josiah into the cooler for a drink.

Comment

• Josiah looked at the date, blinked. "Okay, we need to find a starbucks... I swear I just saw that badge read 1989... There's just one problem with that, Sam: It's not possible for you to be that old! I mean, seriously! You can't possibly be older than 22!"

Comment

• **TED**

He finds artie coming down the stairs from his room shortly after Josiah and Samara leave. "Was that Them leaving? Did Samara tell you where you're going? Good. We're lucky this cup was found its been lost for a few centuries, warehouse 12 never had any luck tracking it either. Apperently the royal house wanted to keep it under wraps. You have a ticket for the auction since its by invetation only. We do know we don't want that cup falling into anyone's hands since it tends to kill those who drink form it."

------------------------------------

**Josiah and Samara**

Samara just takes the wallet back tucking it back into her jacket, "Diet and excercise and REALLY good genes lets just leave it at that...and I die my hair to hide the grey."

Josiah isn't sure how much shes joking, and then she speaks again "ALMOST makes me want to find the speed trap around here and show you what I can do with that badge....but alas we must be going. So I read your report, very interesting...if I hadn't seen stranger in my life, I'd lock you up in the asylum...seriously? a murderous doll brought to life by vodoo? Hollywood is lacking these days."

Comment

• Ted thanks Artie for the info, and gets everything ready. Afterward he heads to the Airport, not wanting to miss his flight. It is a long flight, he will nap on the way, so that when he lands he will be fresh for the auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X