This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **TED**

"Warehouse agents still reside over there, even if they are not active, though they'd be a little older now...harmless though. They won't get in your way you have the lead on this one."
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Ok thanks Artie, still going to wait until I can get this object to somebody else before enjoying their gift. I was always a cautious one."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• He arrives at the auction which starts with a small cocktail party, a few people introduce themselves to him (no one he knows personally), and make small talk.

A few moments before the auction is to start a smartly dressed waitor sidles up to him and speaking softly near his ear (to be heard in a loud and crowded room), "If you will follow me sir you seat is ready, the auction will begin shortly."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• He nods and follows the person, ready for the auction. He can't get sidetracked and let somebody sneak in a last minute bid to make off with the item.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah walked up to the FBI Agent in order to begin his best Secret Agent spiel then stopped dead. "Markus?! Anthony Darryl Markus, is that YOU?!"
            "Josiah?! Hey, man!" Agent Markus shook Josiah's hand warmly. "Dude, what brings you up here?! And Secret Service? Damn, pal. Last I heard, you HATED everything Fed."
            Josiah smiled, "Well, I have to admit I still am a conspiracy theorist, but then along came this woman." He delved into his best Godfather impersonation, "She ma'e me an offah I coul'n' refuse."
            Markus joined in, his voice dark as Dirty Harry, "Quit digging up our dirt and work for us or die, huh?"
            "Yeah, 'cept I wasn't gonna make their day, y'know? So anyway… Look, Markus, Agent Benson and I gotta get into the building."
            "No. No can do, man. We shared some awesome times at ETSU, but I can't. Not even for "Old Times' Sake"."
            "Look, Agent Markus, the suspect you think you've got cornered is a very dangerous, highly intelligent terrorist the NSA, CIA, and Homeland have been tracking since he framed Eric Robert Rudolph and Richard Jewell back in 1996."
            "But…"
            "Yeah, I know, Rudolph IS guilty of planting the bomb, and others, but look, The Secret Service found out your perp is intending to kill the President, and we need him not only alive, but talking. Benson is highly trained in this type of thing. Trust me, none of your agents need to die at this guy's hands. Let us handle this, okay?"
            Markus looked at his former gaming pal. "How dangerous is this guy?"
            Josiah looked at the building and sighed, "Trust me, Bingley Deiter Clouseau makes MacGuyver look like a wasteful, flamboyant chump. With everything in that building, he could make a five kiloton bomb. And detonate it at any time. If…"
            "If what, Agent Webley? (God that sounds weird!)"
            "IF he hasn't already fled somehow."

Comment

• ((Sorry went to bed early))

**TED**
              He seats himself with his paddle and a few moments later the auction begins. There are a few items before his and all look really interesting, but nothing thats setting off any internal alarms. He watches a bidding war happen between 2 very rich people with some ammusement, as they bid on a necklace (that to his eye looks like costume jewelary), that ends with the bid just under $2.9 million.

Then finally his auction is announced, after the opening spiel from the auctioneer, the bidding begins in earnest, 2 other people fighting for that cup. Finally its a bid between him and one other. the bidding gets close to 3 million before the other guy backs off, making Ted the winner at $3.89 million.
              ----------------------------------------------

**J AND A**

Josiah can see the agent hesitate once more, before he finally says, "alright follow me."

He leads Samara and Josiah to the front of the building, speaking to a few agents looking rather nervous. Finally he lets them into the building, "The suspect is on the 3rd floor apartment 12.....if hes still in there."

He hands Josiah a unit and says, "We'll remain silent unless we see something from out here, channel 4 to let us know its you coming out or if you need backup. He do know this guy is armed and dangerous, so...be careful up there."

Samara leads the way inside speaking softly to Josiah, "now that was a streak of luck, good job talking to him like that, I was almost ready to punch him."

She smirks as she pulls out her tesla, and indicates he should do the same as they approach the apartment. Edging along the wall she peaks in the slightly open door, waving him to the other side of the door.

She holds up a hand with 3 fingers, then slowly lowers them one at a time, on the third finger she pushes in the door and looks around carefully.

The apartment is not that big, a living room and kitchen, and a long hallway to a couple of closed doors. The large broken window lets in the chill outside.

Samara leads the way down the hall after clearing out the main room, gesturing for him to check the left door. She eases her way into the other room, and a moment later she hears her say, "all clear....dammit nothing!"

Josiah had found himself in a modestly tiny bathroom and quickly finds nothing as well, hes about to turn around when he hears running footsteps, Samara's scream, her tesla being fired, then more running footsteps.

Comment

• On the way back to the airport, Ted still doesn't relax. He buys a small carry on case, he is not letting this thing out of his sight until he is back in the warehouse. He goes through all the proper channels (checking it in, etc) so that no fuss can be raised. He is taking zero chances.

Comment

• Josiah swore and turned back into the other room, Nightmare sweeping, the time-tested 1911 locked, cocked, and ready to rock.
                  SQUAWK... "ALL UNITS!! SEAL THE BUILDING!! NOW!! ALL UNITS FULL COMBAT ALERT!! MOVE IT!!" Josiah kept looking high and low.
                  "Sam! Sam?! I swear you dirty little sonuva--, I WILL blow your @** away!"

Comment

• **TED**

His flight back is just as uneventful as his trip over, this time the flight is direct into chicago, thento the little airport where Leena meets him, driving back to the warehouse directly, making small talk on the way.

---------------------------------------

**J AND S**

Josiah finds a very pale faced Samara laying on the ground her hand clamped tightly on her thigh, shes conscience at least. "Bastard was under the bed...I think I got him....check the living room."

Comment

• SQUAWK... "AGENT DOWN! Repeat: AGENT DOWN! Stab wound to the left thigh! Victim is in shock, perp is still on premises!"
                      Thinking fast, Josiah whipped off Sam's belt and his own shirt.
                      Winding the belt around her thigh and pressing the shirt to her wound, he warned, "Sam? Look at me. This is gonna HURT."
                      So saying, he pulled the belt through its buckle like the ripcord on a mower. While Sam screamed, then swore him out (Ooh! New word! Wait... Uh, could you SPELL that one for me?!), Josiah grabbed the goo canister and its spray-can cousin.
                      "I'll be back. Keep...uh, yeah. Just keep screaming at me."

He ducked into the living room, then spotted the blood trail. He was halfway to the dining room when Chucky leapt out of the hall closet. Josiah was lucky to bash the knife away from his own throat with the goo canister, but still received a nasty slice down his wrist for his trouble. To insult to injury, Chucky chomped down on the injury.
                      "GAAAH!! You tu'HomIraH taHqeq," Josiah screamed as he emptied the spray can into the evil little toy's face.
                      The goo blasted Chucky to the floor, where Josiah throttled him and shoved the demonic little doll into the canister amidst a veritable explosion of sparks.
                      "GOT HIS DEMONIC LITTLE ***!! NOW what?!"
                      Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 08-07-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• **J AND S**
                        He hears a garbled response over the radio, which he can barely hear over Sam cursing in some sort of language (and he learns a few new words even if he doesn't understand them).

2 minutes later an ambulance roars up to the scene, where they quickly assess Samara and whisk her off quickly, she looking a few shades to pale under her tanned skin.

Another paramedic helps bandage his wrist, after determining it wasn't to severe. while hes being looked at in the back of the ambulance, his friend walks over. "hey...your partner ok? Tell me exactly what happened in there?"

Comment

• "We cleared, but he was hiding in the pantry. Perp jumped us. Stabbed Sa- I mean, Benson, then went for me. I fought him off, but he smashed me against the fridge. I think I fired... not sure -- clocked me real good. He may ha--"
                          At that moment, the gas leak Josiah had started in the basement hit the candle he had lit in the foyer. Cops and agents scrambled.
                          "S***. He just blew himself up," Josiah lied.

Comment

• **J AND S**

"Would you mind to much copying me on your report? Least I can add it to our observation...we'll clean up here, and I think your pager is ringing....?"

HE waks away then and the paramedic clears Josiah but to get it looked at in a day or so.

He opens his farnsworth (mostly alone), to see arties face. "Hey been trying to contact samara, and shes not answering, did you get the artifact?"

Comment

• "Gee... No, Artie. I just got sliced up, Sam got stabbed and is in the OR, while I have a tu'HomIraH taHqeq of a DOLL drowning in purple goo! YES, I got the little ((Insert Test of the Emergency Broadcasting System here))!!!!! On the bright side, I DID manage to cover our tracks by putting my bedtime reading of "The Anarchists Cookbook" and "The Poor Man's James Bond" to good use."
                              Josiah turned the screen to the basement fire. "See?"

Comment

• **J AND S**

Josiah hears a chuckle just as he turns the farnsworth back to himself, "Ted just checked in a little while ago, he was successful in his grab and bag. His flight is do back in tomorrow. Check in on Samara, find out when she can come back, and you can either stay there or drive yourself back to the warehouse tonight, if you feel up to it."

Comment

Working...
                                X