Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted is not sure what to make of that. He is not sure who is crazy, who is not, and if he should be worried. While he debates it, he gets back to his room and considers more tricks to add. Mentos and soda is a good one, makes a mess and relatively harmless. Good to slow down anybody chasing them. He nixes the bleach and ammonia idea..mixing home made mustard gas is a bad idea..he wants distractions..not to actually HURT anybody. He wishes he was a chemist..there were tons of harmless home items that could be combined that separate are harmless (or relatively so) and together were a worthy distraction. He had to find a way to make harmless smoke. He hops on the internet to see if anything but dry ice (which he didn't want to mess with) would be a good idea. Needed to be portable too.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah smiled. "Hey, Ted? That was bloody brilliant what you came up with. In fact, as a way to show how much I really do appreciate what you did, leme show you a website."
      In moments, Ted was greeted by the 475, 291 ideas to be found on harmlessmacguyver.web.

Josiah smiled, "I could also find you the two volumes I learned 90% of my mayhem-causers as well. Some are designed to do damage, but I'm sure you'd still find them useful reading. Meanwhile, what I really want to do is get back to 13 and lock this bell away. However, I have a phonecall to make."

Josiah stepped into the bathroom, locked the door. He turned on the shower and sat on the toilet as he dialed.
      "Leena? Hi, it's Josiah. Look, would you please have Artie call me to confirm or deny there being a new ping in our area?"

Comment

• "Artie has his hands full with a herd of pink elephants parading around the warehouse...Samara plus pain killers plus boredom is not a good combonation. But he DID say there was a ping he was looking into in California. As for the bell, I'll contact our courier service then call you with the pick up information."

theres a crashing sound in the background, and Arties voice is faintly heard shouting about shes not dead, but its all handled now.

"looks like she finally fell asleep...her cafine crash apperently."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah thanked Leena, facepalmed, and hung up.

Comment

• Ted looked over the site for awhile, writing a couple of notes down. Skipping over the ones that might actually cause harm. Though the fireworks one did have promise. Finally he got something to eat, and some sleep..still not sure if he should go to the warehouse or not.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Night falls, and Artie calls back to say a courier would be coming by first thing tomorrow morning to pick up the bell. He gives all the pertient information for the exchange, then says theres a City up in washington state thats getting a whole slew of missing people, that are reappearing suddenly with no memory and babbling about men with no eyes.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Men with no eyes? Somebody get ahold of a pair of glasses from the movie MIB or something? Whenever everything (and everybody is ready) Ted will either drive (depending on distance) or fly.

Comment

• "Well, either they got ahold of a set of MIB glasses, or Agent Smith's glasses from Matrix... OR else they got ahold of a set of Robert Jordan's original notes on the Myrddraal," Josiah replied after running up a large-ish data bill on his cellphone during the drive.

Comment

• "Can't forget the eyeless ones of the tv show charmed, and I am sure we are missing a dozen more. Could even be demonic in nature." Ted muses.

Comment

• The ride up is largely uneventful, and a steady rain begins falling just a few miles outside of town, named Port Columbia.

The town is large and sprawling with a healthy economy, and the hotel they find while on the cheap side is still kinda nice even for the price.

Comment

• Ted's philosophy is that one should always start well rested. After a quick shower, some food, and finding out where the last person both went missing AND where they turned up..he crashes for the night.

Comment

• Josiah unpacks his laptop and hits up the forum. 750 messages later, he's on his fifth carafe of coffee when he gets an idea.

The bar was worse than a dive -- dives DO have standards, y'know -- and even though it WAS illegal as robbing Fort Knox, Josiah was glad he was carrying his SIG.

"Barkeep, I'd like a Killian's Red, please."

Comment

• A bartender turns to hand him his drink, an older looking gentlemen, maybe in his mid to late 40s. A ready smile that doesn't even seem forced even for this kinda place, but a certain hardness around the eyes and mouth, and a definate haunted look in his eyes.

"Not from around here are you kid?"

Last edited by Sarlon; 09-26-2012, 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling and adding picture

Comment

• Josiah's teeth gritted as he smiled pleasantly. Affecting his heaviest, most-stereotypical drawl he asked.
                              "An' jes' wha's yer fars' clew?"
                              Josiah cleared his throat, then continued normally, "No offense; I do that to everyone who asks that question. Listen, I'm up here to investigate the recent goings-on. Think you or your patrons might feel helpful?"

Comment

• He holds out his hand, "I'm Taylor, but most people call me Savage. Don't ask...youthful nickname that never seemed to go away. And strange things? like what? Trust me there is little you can say in the way of strange that wouldn't suprise me."

Comment

Working...
                                X