This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Folks disappearing and then reappearing with stories of men with no eyes?"
    Josiah palmed his badge and gave "Savage" a glimpse.
    Keeping his voice down, Josiah continued, "Taylor, I'm Special Investigations for the Secret Service. Kinda like Skulley and Moulder from X-Files. I'm a bar-rat myself, so I figure these folks may know something. Hell, rumors give me a starting point seven times out of ten."

Comment

• At the mention of the men with no eyes something....strange flashes through his eyes briefly...fear? recognition? but it passes just as quickly.

"yeah man...I've heard things....some rumors of course....but....you know...if you wanted to start you could try the forest outside north of town....follow the bike trail for a few miles....."

With that he turns to help another customer and all but ignores further attempts to make further converstation.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah took out the Farnsworth and contacted Artie.
        "Yes I know what buggering time it is. No, I do not care if it is 2 bloody a.m., Artorius Reximus. This guy -the bartender- Taylor, most call him "Savage", knows something. Check him out ple- oh fer th' luv'a'pete."
        Josiah muscled aside the big, fat, drooling-drunk trucker. "Sir, wouldja mind NOT drooling on me?"
        "That a iPhone?"
        Josiah smiled, blinking at the man's utterly rancid breath. "Woof, yes. It's a... a... It's an iMac-Pocket! Newest design from Apple! I'm testing it out for them. Artie, please, just do the check. Taylor knows something. He's connected, or he's a victim."

Comment

• Artie keeps him on the line, and Josiah hears keys clicking as he searches.

"Savage, Taylor....former employee of a now out of business company called Hawkins Industries, before that used to be a bike courier. Apperently hes doing quite well money wise....happened just after his boss mysteriously disappeared, claimed to of been killed in an explosion back in 96."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Hawkins Industries? Why do I think I know that name?"

Comment

• "one of the best cybernetic companys ahead of its time considering, owned by a Miles Hawkins, run by his partner....um....John Stonebreak....Apprently after Dr Hawkins' untimely demise, his partner tried to keep the company afloat, but things just rolled down hill and he eventually sold the company and dropped off the radar...no pictures of him...how odd."

Comment

• "Artie... I really hope you're listening to yourself... Seriously. Artie, ODD is our milieu. It's what we do... IN SPADES."
                Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 09-29-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• "No, I mean even our records do not have a photo of him...at all. Just be careful, I'm researching this eyeless men thing, and seeing what I can pull up..."

He trails off mumbling something about someone named claudia or something like that, before disconnecting.

Comment

• Josiah paid for his beer, then left. After a bit searching, he found the police station, or what passed for it.
                    "Hello?! Special Agent Webley! I'm here to talk to somebody about the disappearances?! Hello?!"

Comment

• An older looking thin faced gentleman, still in pretty decent shape considering he must be at least in his late 60s maybe mid 70s.

"Agent Josiah? I am Detective Maxwell, can we speak privately?"

He gestures towards an open glassed in area with a table and a few chairs.

Comment

• "You the only officer here at night, Detective?"
                        Taking a look at what he quickly presumed passed for "Interview" Josiah shook his head. "I'd prefer your office, not an Interview room, thanks."

Comment

• "Been with the force with my mother died, can't sleep well anymore, so I take the night shift to keep things interesting."

He leads Josiah through a quiet squad room to his desk, only an open casefile on his desk marrs the otherwise tidy appereance of it. Since he makes no effort to close it even after taking a seat, and gestures Josiah to sit as well, Josiah sees pictures of people, most middle to upper class citizens, well dressed, (definatly not homeless or "crazies"), only about 6 in all. All seem to have a haunted look to their eyes.

"Strangest case I've ever taken...normal people disappearing for hours, not even long enough for their families to file a missing person's report, coming back looking unhurt besides a tiny cut above their left eye, but definately acting strangly. When questioned they just mention men wearing dark full wrap around glasses. They are snapping out of it within a few days, but..."

He trails off with a hopeless shrug, and slides the disturbingly thin folder towards Josiah.

"Heres a copy of what we know so far, witness statements...I promise you that nothing has been left out of that copy, unless of course the witnesses didn't tell us something."

Comment

• Josiah looks through the file, impressed. "Detective, why aren't you at least Chief Investigator, or even Lieutenant yet? This file would impress the CIA."
                            Then he saw the small cut in each photo. "A small cut... how long? Any doctors or labs figure out what it's purpose is?"

Comment

• ((Last post before bed, really long day and only able to grab snippets of internet time while trying to be social with family))

"My mother, god rest her soul, died while on duty helping protect a private citizen. I've kinda kept the family heritage alive."

He looks at the picture then points to the cut, "strange thing there to, its barely more then a scratch itself, like you bumped your head on the corner of something rather then something like an incision. Victims claim it doesn't hurt more like an annoyance. They seem to be disappearing from randomly around town, and showing up in almost the exact same spot, almost like an alien adbuction, but things like this stopped happening back in 96."

Comment

• "Ninety-six? They didn't happen to stop about the same time as the Hawkins Industries explosion, did they?"

Comment

Working...
                                X