This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted chuckles. "Just something on a show I watched."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I see... Yeesh."
      Josiah pulled up. "Okay, so how do we play this one?"

Comment

• The stately house they pull up to, while it has an air of abandonment, is pretty decently kept up. The roar of the ocean is heard near by, and the sprawling mansion is 2 stories.

As they close in on the front door, they see it shut tight, but a simple test shows the house unlocked.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Just like in all the police dramas and military movies he's seen, Josiah steps to the side of the door, draws his pistol and aims at the lock.
          "I go left and low, you high and right, Ted. Clear room by room, call out Clear or call for backup."
          Josiah gave a nod, and went in, fast, low, and aiming, sweeping left.

Comment

• The house after nearly a half hour is found completely empty of anything living (except maybe a few spiders), EVERYTHING is covered in a rather thick layer of dust, all the furniture left the bed unmade, its obvious no one has been here in ages.

The only exception to the house is the fact there is ONE locked door, a rather impressive soild oak set of double doors.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah, his hair and jacket thick with cobwebs and dust, his knees and elbows brown with dust, inspected the lock. "Professor, I dunno about you, but I do NOT like the looks of this place at all now."

Comment

• "Nor do I, but I suspect we have to get through this door. I just have no clue how to short of breaking it down."
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Stand back and cover your ears. I'm not gonna be able to hear anything for about fifteen minutes, so watch out."
                  Four shots later, Josiah, true to his word, couldn't hear. Rearing back, he kicked the lock.

Comment

• Uncovering his own ears. "What part of NOT breaking it down was not understood!?"

Comment

• The door opens into a nicely appointed room that at one point was a study or library, dusty books line the shelves neatly, one book lays open on a coffee table a blanket is carelessly tossed over the back of the couch as if someone slept there, then tossed it off when waking up, its still obvious that no one has been here in a long time.

Photos and sculputres line the walls, most of them showing a rather handsome looking 35 year old african american, pictures show shaking hands with a president, and a few offical looking people, possibly senators, and local politicans. A very obviously candid shot shows 3 men and a woman, the african american from other pictures, 2 caucasin men, one much older then the other, and a pretty african american woman. (see picutre).

The only one either might recognize is the younger of the two men, just aged a little, as the bartender.

The empty pool can be seen through a sliding glass door off of this room with a rather breathtaking view of the pacific ocean just beyond and below, as the house sits on a rather high cliff.

Nothing in the room has been disturbed in a long time, but something feels off in this room, like its not a house put to order after someone died, its as if someone just left for the day and never came home, for several years.

You both DO notice that all the pictures and a few of the sculputres on the wall seem off too, since they are all sitting slightly crooked.
                      Last edited by Sarlon; 11-10-2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Josiah looks around, "WHY WOULD THEY LOCK THIS ROOM?"
                        ((he's shouting because he can't hear))

Comment

• Ted just holds up his finger to his lips, knowing that his partner can't hear him. He feels very uncomfortable here, like he is intruding on somebody's private thoughts.

Comment

• Josiah looked at Ted, and with a smile on his face, rubbed his left eyebrow with a bird. The gesture was meant to be a sarcastic "Yeah yeah, yo' face, pal".
                            The pictures being a 1/4 off level irked, but that wasn't what had Josiah on edge about this house. He felt like they'd just stepped into a very elaborate tra--
                            Josiah spun, aimed at the door as if he'd heard some intruder behind himself. " 'Will you walk into my parlor?' said the spider to the fly;" he quoted loudly, even though to him, it sounded like a whisper.

Comment

• Josiah only sees ted behind himself, the setting sun casting long rays into the room through the uncurtained windows.

Comment

• Ted can't help himself, and straightens the pictures. "We will know it when we see it." He muses. So far there is nothing jumping out at me..maybe check any drawers.." after the pictures are straight, he checks any drawers..if not then behind the pictures for a safe or such.

Comment

Working...
                                X