Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josiah looked at the doorway. "No. Put them back the way we found them. THEN look, Mr. Mentalist. Figure it. Sherlock Holmes it. You're the expert at that. Me, I just break shit."

Comment

• The picture Ted was in the middle of straightning when josiah tells him to stop clicks faintly as its fully righted, a section of wall opening to reveal a short hallway to an elevator.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Ted looks at Josiah "You were saying?" He is happy for his ocd for the first time in his life. He starts descending the stairs.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah grabs Ted's jacket. "Hold it. Yeah, I'm damn paranoid, but lead with your weapon, dammit. If we got some wack-nut psycho-Commy down there with a knife, do you really wanna be fishing for a weapon AS he's hacking you into bite-sized pieces?"
          Geez, pal. Learn when paranoia is a GOOD thing, Josiah thought as he followed, his SIG ready to go, a Mini-MAGLite ignited in his off-hand.

Comment

• While Ted does pull out his Tesla he says "This place looks like nobody has been through here in ages. If we find something moving down here, most likely it will be of the brain eating, decaying, sort. Doubt the stun gun will do much."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• as they enter the elevator it closes softly behind them and begins to rapidly descend, though they hardly feel it moving at all.

When the doors open again they walk into a darkened room with a large round table in the middle near the door, a long bank of something out of nasa before a large plate glass window looking out into a large tide pool.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Still sweeping with the flashlight and pistol, Josiah goes straight to the computers.
                "Hello, Pretty. Where is your power button?"

Comment

• The computers, old clunky machines straight out of the 90s, are covered in a rather thick layer of dust as well, and a small tape recorder is laying forgotten on the the small counter near an old built in keyboard.

Comment

• His parnoia knowing few bounds since the Chucky doll, Josiah checked the tape recorder very carefully, then handed it to Ted.
                    "Play it, but be prepped for explosives. Don't ask, but a little doll taught me a lot about being too relaxed."
                    This said, Josiah located the I/O button on an IBM 386 clone and pressed it, then jumped back.

Comment

• Four minutes later, Josiah swore, "[word he learned in Chicago]!!!! Kludge!! Windows 93?! Are you KIDDING me?! Kludgekludgekludgekludge KLUDGE!!! Ted, this is gonna take a while."
                      Josiah set his pistol by the keyboard, cracked his knuckles and started digging.

Comment

• ((had to find the exact wording...)

The tape player clicks on and after a second of silence, a rich voice with a british accent comes through rather clearly considering...

Today, at 3:00 in the afternoon, under a cloudless sky, we laid Miles Hawkins and Leora Maxwell to rest, as I believed they would have wanted. They are side by side. Those who love them know the truth of their heroism. Now, the record is complete. This room under the ocean, and all the secrets it holds, will be sealed. Tonight, I leave for the Orient. It is my intention never to return, but should someone else enter this room and view the record, let it be known that out of one man's pain came a force for good that stood against darkness.
                        the tape rolls for another few seconds that clicks to a stop.

Comment

• After listening to the recording Ted calmly stated. "I really don't like this. I mean, really really don't like this. What is so big that this underground place was sealed? Why do I get the feeling that this is so beyond our pay grade? So beyond Arties' pay grade?"

Comment

• At the console, which was beginning to remind Josiah of the helm console n the original Star Trek series, Josiah looked over his shoulder.
                            "Maybe because you are beginning to figure out that my paranoia is actually called for? Or is it the fact we've been working for a covert agency that doesn't exist, investigating things that don't happen, in a world that must never know? Now, will ou please go check out the rest of the area? And for God's sake, PLEASE ACT paranoid enough to always lead with your weapon as you do so!!"
                            Josiah returned to the task at his fingers and realized the computer had just dumped the Windows and gone straight into Linux.
                            "Aw... Well... shit. [word he learned in Chicago]!! I *HATE* Linux!!!"
                            With that, he started trying to remember lectures he'd never paid much attention to in high school, some 13 years before

Comment

• **Josiah**

It takes alittle while of hunting around trying random commands before a file opens up that would EASILY take up this entire harddrive if not more, but on a modern computer would take maybe 2 gigs. A brief glance at the file shows scematics for a odd suit, and a flying car, as well as files pertaining to things with odd code names, "Sea Wasp" "Time Travel" "Holograpic projector for family tree" "Alternate Universes" just to name a few, there is one file code named "Men in Black?" but the file seems to be corrupted and barely opens with half written files.

-------------------------------------

**Ted**

A close examination of the room reveals that this almost could of been an office of sorts, large comfortable chairs are placed around a low table, pictures hang on the wall, mostly of underwater creatures (nothing strange or unusual stuff like dolphins and the such). Stepping out towards the area with what you at first thought was a tide pool shows to be a rather deep and naturally formed air pocket leading, in theory, out to the open ocean where you heard from the house.

What also you thought was sheer rock reveals itself to be a semitransparent sheet of glass or something, as a large fish more commonly found in the deeper parts of an ocean swim lazily by, only reacting by swimming away in the other direction from the beam of light.

Comment

• "The fu--"
                                Josiah went out, snagged the Farnsworth from Ted, and called Artie.
                                "Arthur Neilson, tell me this schematic is NOT for what my brain is saying it's for!"
                                Josiah turned the Farnsworth to the schematic of the suit. "Tell me that suit is not the one on Aisle Farnsworth nineteen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X